Does anybody carry a BUW? (Yes a BUW, not a BUG).

This is a discussion on Does anybody carry a BUW? (Yes a BUW, not a BUG). within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes, two wallets are part of my EDC. I carry a standard tri-fold in my back pocket which contains a few dollars (normally, just my ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Does anybody carry a BUW? (Yes a BUW, not a BUG).

Yes, two wallets are part of my EDC. I carry a standard tri-fold in my back pocket which contains a few dollars (normally, just my singles), AAA card, library card, range card, etc. Nothing with my address.

In my front pocket, I carry a flat money-clip type wallet with my license, credit cards, ATM card, larger bills.

If I am forced to hand over my wallet, the perp will get the tri-fold and nothing much of value.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sometimes. I am generous. There is 30 bucks in it. Let them be happy and leave.

I piled a bunch of useless old cards in there and weighed it with those clamp style paper clips to add
    some heft and make it easy to toss a distance.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I have a BUH (back up house) next to my real house and a BUT (back up truck) which is always parked near my real truck. I stock the BUH with cheap imitations of the stuff I own and make it inviting for a BG to come steal stuff. I figure that way he would be distracted and not steal thngs from my house. Same with the BUT, I keep the keys in it for the BG so he will not steal my real truck.
    USM1976, Snub44, TrevX and 2 others like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I carry a Wallet with all my stuff and a Money Clip. If I was in that situation I would slide the throw down money out of the clip and let it fly. As soon as he goes for the Money then I fly.

I carry a backup wallet. It happens to hold my LCP and I hope I never feel threatened enough to have to "hand it over".

All my pockets are filled with guns, so I cant.
    Cold Shot and TrevX like this.

No, but i've always like the idea of throwing the wallet away from your person and the BG, then drawing and engaging.
    TrevX and blitzburgh like this.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

No. I suppose that's why I have a pistol. I'm not particularly keen on handing over my stuff.
    aus71383 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    No. I suppose that's why I have a pistol. I'm not particularly keen on handing over my stuff.

What if the BG has a gun already drawn on you or a knife a foot away from your throat? Throw your wallet on the ground and when he goes to pick it up you might have a chance to draw. Personally I think that's the best course of action anyone could take.
    TrevX likes this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I sometimes carry a LCP(with a round chambered) in a wallet holster that would, hopefully, make the bad guy think I am retrieving my wallet. The .380 does not pack a wallop but it would ruin his day.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    No, but i've always like the idea of throwing the wallet away from your person and the BG, then drawing and engaging.
    That's a technique my instructor taught. When the mugger demands your wallet. Pull it out and in your state of "fear", nervously drop it on the ground. While he's distracted, pull your weapon and get the drop on him.

Ive always thought if an armed assailant wanted my wallet I would fumble and it would go to the side and when they gave me a second or two while attempting to retrieve id have my pop gun out and tickle their temple.Pop gun=22 revolver snub nose,even on my small frame does not show.Hopefully will never happen.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Have done so for years

Thought this mean Back Up Wife
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Always carry a throw-down wallet in my left back pocket. Contains a $10, 5, and two ones; a few expired credit cards with all the identifying info scratched off, and a few business cards, (nothing in there identifying me).

Carry my real wallet in my right back pocket.

At first I thought BUW meant "Back Up Weapon" - carry a few of those also.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links