Does anybody carry a BUW? (Yes a BUW, not a BUG).

This is a discussion on Does anybody carry a BUW? (Yes a BUW, not a BUG). within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Two wallets, no. Have carried a wallet and money clip though.. Not often though...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Does anybody carry a BUW? (Yes a BUW, not a BUG).

Two wallets, no. Have carried a wallet and money clip though.. Not often though
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

2. Remove Ads

my wallet has a half inch thick 2 ft chain with a heavy hook at the end of it. No problems with pick pockets and no ones ever asked me for it but if they do thats 10 for the wallet, 1 for a new chain and 8 for the hook, But if I have to I have a money clip that can store my license and money.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

BUW

Scan/Copy some $20s & $50s and place to really SCAM 'em. I've about $300.00 in funny money in mine.

I might give away a coupla bullets...

Back up wallet is a nice idea, but really doesn't work.

Seen stories of people held at gun point for their money. If someone is taking the time to hold you at gun point, they knew they have a few minutes to do what they want. Taking out your "fake" wallet and throwing it is just go to make them stand there and ask you to empty all your pockets.

It works in places like Europe at gypsies. They are interested more in the art of pickpocketing than violence to steal. Letting them pick a "fake" wallet is a good idea for them as they are there for the quick lift and to be gone after. It doesn't work for a mugging where threat of violence is given.

...forum rules forbid admitting to having committed a felony in your posts...expect a visit from the U S Treasury department at any time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Scan/Copy some $20s & $50s and place to really SCAM 'em. I've about $300.00 in funny money in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    scan/copy some $20s & $50s and place to really scam 'em. I've about $300.00 in funny money in mine.
    f
    e
    l
    o
    n
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Never done that, good idea though. I have been searching for a new wallet or something easier. My front pockets stay pretty full. iPhone and chapstick in front left, keys, knife on clip, and pepper spray(if I'm somewhere I can have spray but not gun) in front right. The wallet stays in my back pocket unless I am in a big city I cram it in the front.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

...IF I get robbed...my worst worry would be to be shot because I din't have enough money to suit them

VIP Member
    Then there's the variation where you tie a piece of fishing line to it. When the bad guy goes to pick it up, you yank it away at the last minute. Great gag - sure to get a laugh every time.

Nah, I just plan on shooting him.

Seriously.

Drawing against the draw is lousy odds, but better than entrusting the stranger threatening to kill you, to not actually do so.

Does anybody carry a BUW? (Yes a BUW, not a BUG).

The only backup I carry is more lead. And I'll hand them out freely if someone cares to mug me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot Dude why go halfway?? Make a tiny charge to set off/deploy the DYE Pack and CS gas. Get a Velcro closing wallet and use those LEGAL Pull Apart Poppers to set it off.

Make The Perp A VICTIM!! Yeehaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    thats gonna be a bad day if you get stopped and searched....

you're looking at prison time, get rid of that money NOW.

One episode of Burn Notice had them trying to fool some bad guys with a suitcase or bag full of fake cash. Rather than printing out fake stuff, they just cut up some newspaper.

That'd be a legal way to pack out a wallet. Haven't tried it so I don't know how well it'd work.

As for the robber just asking you to empty out the rest of your pockets, I think it'd at least buy you a fraction of a second, which might be enough to draw your own weapon and reverse the roles in some situations.

This is really got me to thinking and I have been saving my receipts from purchases I paid cash for, finding a few odds and ends. I don't see me doing this everyday but I think there are times it might not be a bad idea, it might at least distract the BG for a moment anyway. I think I will keep maybe $10-20 in it so if I'm somewhere I think I'm being watched just use it. Who would ever think "hey this guy has another wallet in his front pocket"?
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links