Defensive Carry banner

TV Show - What Would You Do?

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  atctimmy 
#1 ·
Last night's show, young couple in the park argueing. She is sitting on a bench, he is standing, leaning over her and yelling at her. He does not hit her but he does grab her arms and push her back into the bench not letting her get up.

If you were a passer by, armed with gun or knife, would you get involved? My first thought was of course but then I thought about it more and being armed, knowning how quickly things can change, is that just asking for trouble?

I can see how a simple attempt to help the girl could turn really bad really fast, maybe the boy swings at you, you step back, slip, on the ground...

Thoughts?

#4 ·
I saw that sometime ago,when it aired on Abc.That's a situation,you better be careful of,if you jump in.I read where a man,had went in a store one morning to get some coffee.He went back to his truck,and was texting a buddy.He said a couple came out,and they were raising hell with each other.The female slapped the male.The male pushed her to the ground,and was on top of her.The man in the truck,walked over to try and break it up,and they both attacked him.I don't know,if it's true or not,but,i didn't see a reason he would make it up.

#10 ·
Call 911. you aren't a LEO. thats their job. sounds harsh but nowadays people are looking for reasons to sue. and that would be a good one right there if something bad were to happen.

#13 ·
I would do exactly what has already been posted. Sit back, call 911. If it starts to get a little too hairy, yell out from a safe distance that I'm on the phone with the cops.

I was witness to a very similar situation years ago. Girl parks her car right next to me. Guy pulls up, blocks her car in, walks over to the driver's side, and the two start a cussfest. He demands she open up the door, she finally gets out, he walks her over to his car, and they continue the cussfest. He lightly puts his hand on her throat and is up in her face. He finally drives off.

I'm glad I didn't get directly involved, because I found out more info later. I was waiting to meet a friend, and that friend was also friends with that girl, who told her to meet up at the same time and place. The girl had a habit of running back to her abusive boyfriend. I would've had the both of them on me if I got in the middle.

Reactions: oneshot
#15 ·
^YEP^^^^^^^

Call the cops, tell the guy from a distance the boys are on their way. If he gets stupid toward you, well you have to defend yourself, right?

#14 ·
Call 911. Their problem, not mine. This society is way too litigious to get involved in a domestic dispute.

Lets say you shoot and kill the man in order to defend/protect the woman. Then the woman sues you for killing her baby daddy. That's still horrible even if you're not charged by the state with a crime.

#18 ·
Well since Im walking in a TV show Id have a lot choices. Batman, Spiderman, use my cell to call Jax and the Sons of Anarchy, the list of options is endless!!! :danceban:

But outside of TV land Id likely wait a good deal away and see if anything actually criminal is going on like a rape or mugging. Couples squabbles are their own beeswax. Unless hes beating her to a pulp or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.