Brothers accused of beating up golfer who asked to play through

This is a discussion on Brothers accused of beating up golfer who asked to play through within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As reported today by the San Francisco Chronical: Brothers accused of beating up golfer who asked to play through Two Sunnyvale brothers face federal assault ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brothers accused of beating up golfer who asked to play through

Unhappy Brothers accused of beating up golfer who asked to play through

As reported today by the San Francisco Chronical:

Two Sunnyvale brothers face federal assault charges for allegedly assaulting an older golfer whom they derided as "gramps" on the NASA Ames Research Center golf course in Mountain View, court records released Tuesday show.

The suspects, Ryan Maxwell Alexander, 21, and Charles Talmage Alexander, 20, allegedly attacked Edwin J. League, 61, on Sept. 18 after the victim asked them if he could play through, because they were playing slowly at the golf course at Moffett Field, authorities said.

"The group of young men were not very good at golf, which caused League and his friends to wait at each hole," NASA Special Agent Dirk Meier wrote in an affidavit filed Monday in U.S. District Court in San Jose.

After League asked Ryan Alexander if he could play through at the 13th hole, Ryan Alexander said, "I don't see anyone waiting," the affidavit said. "We have been waiting for every shot," League replied, according to Meier.

Ryan Alexander relented, and after League teed off at the 13th hole, Ryan Alexander criticized the shot and used profane language, the affidavit said. As League and his friends continued to the next hole, he heard Ryan Alexander say "something that ended with the word 'gramps,' " Meier wrote.

"Son, we are just trying to play through," League told Ryan Alexander, who then pushed and punched League, the affidavit said. Alexander's brother, Charles, then hit League in the head, authorities said.

League fell to the ground in a fetal position, court records said. He suffered a bump on his head, cuts, a swollen cheek, a bloody swollen nose and a bruised arm, authorities said. League was taken to Stanford Medical Center.

NASA Ames police stopped the suspects as they left the golf course.

"I don't beat up on my grandpa, he wasn't my grandpa, so I hit him," Ryan Alexander said spontaneously after being handcuffed, Meier wrote. Ryan Alexander had visible cuts and dried blood on both his hands, the affidavit said.

Both defendants are to appear Nov. 9 before U.S. Magistrate Richard Seeborg in San Jose. Each was charged with assault resulting in bodily injury, and in federal court because the incident occurred on federal property.

E-mail Henry K. Lee at hlee@sfchronicle.com.

The story can be found at; http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

wow hope they really nail them people

VIP Member
    Punks. I wonder how tough they'll be in prison against bigger, stronger guys their own age?
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Assistant Administrator
    Not so much nail them Bud - as crucify them

Impatient punks is the term coming to mind - and a violent streak that needs severely punished. <mutter>
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    If there's one thing I can't stand it's COWARDS!
    Last edited by Thumper; October 25th, 2006 at 08:03 PM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

May Bubba...

have an opportunity to discuss the proper etiquete concerning 'dating' inside the prison system.

No mercy for these dirtbags...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

WTH is wrong with the younger generation these days. It's always time to beat someone down, in their eyes.........

Hope the judge smacks'em down!
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

One of those wish I'd been there situations for sure. I believe I'd use a 9 iron in that situation.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Does anyone remember a case a few years ago (I think it was here in Florida) on a golf course, where some guy or guys tried to rob a group, and one of the golfers shot him dead? That's how this ought to be dealt with. Neat, clean, and immediate.
    Last edited by peacefuljeffrey; October 25th, 2006 at 10:15 PM.

I am a "young punk" but not THAT BAD! Heck, I am 22yrs and have never raised a hand on a family elder nor a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    "I don't beat up on my grandpa, he wasn't my grandpa, so I hit him," Ryan Alexander said spontaneously after being handcuffed, Meier wrote.
    Sounds like a learning disability. He'll be spontaneously doing a few more things in jail, for "the welcoming committee." Gotta love it when the karma wheel comes 'round.

The mob rule seems to be: get dissed, get even ... even if it costs a life. In this case, thankfully, the man will recover and the perp got tagged. May they rip him a new one, as penance.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

No carry on a federal installation. I understand that.

Y'all are all mistaken if you think these two thugs will do any time. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts they get a pass from the judge.

They ought to be taken out behind the 19th hole and their a**es whipped. With a 9 iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post

Y'all are all mistaken if you think these two thugs will do any time. I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts they get a pass from the judge.

They ought to be taken out behind the 19th hole and their a**es whipped. With a 9 iron.
    A 9 iron? Man, that STINGS. And I thought I was cruel.

I used to hear stories from my old History professor from when he was in the Navy. He used to tell that if a soldier went out of line, the commander officer would take him to the back of the ship and teach him a lesson. The insubordinate would then return to dinner with a black eye. Of course I've never been in the military, so don't know if thats true. sorry to go off on a tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post
    You understand that? Why, because of the policy's ability to make everyone safer, as in this instance?

Quote Originally Posted by mexican_ninja View Post
    The insubordinate would then return to dinner with a black eye. Of course I've never been in the military, so don't know if thats true. sorry to go off on a tangent.

I hope that's not true. A black eye is serious trauma to the eye, period. You risk vision loss when something like that happens. Not a cool policy for dealing with insubordination. You want a half-blind soldier?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links