What would you have done? - Page 2

What would you have done?

This is a discussion on What would you have done? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RickyD So the magical question is how do you know when the situation is going from simple robbery (and there can be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What would you have done?

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    So the magical question is how do you know when the situation is going from simple robbery (and there can be no legitimate arguing that losing a phone and wallet is better than dead) to something more?
    This is the question that has to be in your mind during any situation.

As to the question would I draw? Can't say because I'm not there and don't know all the facts. BUT once a gun is pointed in my face I'm looking for that moment I will shoot them to the ground. At that moment I'm busting off the X and putting rounds down range.

Once they bring a gun into the mix you have lost all control as to what, when and where anything happens unless you make it happen. Make them fight your fight, don't let them pick the fight.

Unless you've trained to fight your fight you may want to just comply. And hope for the best.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    It sounds to me like the BGs just pulled up next to him and never got out of the car. I agree that drawing on someone that already has a gun pointed at you foolish if not suicidal. But being in a vehicle does make them less maneuverable. Running from them in the opposite direction that the car is facing might be a viable option. Especially if there is cover close by. You would likely improve your odds of not getting shot at if you tossed you wallet to them and then ran. Lots of variables. Every situation is different.
    msgt/ret likes this.

I went to U of H. That campus is spread out, multiple access points, major roads nearby and a crappy area of Houston all around it. I never felt comfortable on that campus. There were always "suspicious' people wandering around. We always traveled in groups on campus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links