CC in businesses that post "no guns" - Page 2

CC in businesses that post "no guns"

This is a discussion on CC in businesses that post "no guns" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I try my best to obey all firearms laws. I enjoy the fact that we, as a group, are among the most law abiding citizens. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: CC in businesses that post "no guns"

I try my best to obey all firearms laws. I enjoy the fact that we, as a group, are among the most law abiding citizens. And sure, there are some cases where I must disarm to shop for what I need, if the store is posted. And I don't like doing it.

However, in most cases I avoid doing business, wherever possible, with stores that clearly don't want me (a legally armed citizen) there. If one gas station/stop-and-rob is posted, I give my money to the Speedway that is not posted across the street - even if I never go inside. If one sandwich shop posts, I give my business to another. Been doing it for several years, as have many folks I know who carry.

If the store is just following corporate policy/procedures, there may not be a lot that can be done. A smaller business may reconsider if they receive enough emails or "no guns, no money" cards explaining that they lose "X" amount of business from me every week that I give to their competitors.

In any case, I just feel good knowing that I'm denying them revenue in return for them posting a sign saying they don't want my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye_ View Post
    If you carry a concealed weapon and it is truly "concealed", no one will
    ever know, right? I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I agree with the statement made earlier in the posts here.
    I don't CC where it's against the law (schools, etc.) but I do regularly CC
    in businesses that post "no guns". I'd rather be asked to leave and take
    my business elsewhere than to face a situation where I would rather have
    my gun with me and not have it with me. A situation with a larger chance
    of happening in places with a no-guns sign.

Soft targets are dreams come true for the criminals.
    From what I read the signs in your state carry the force of law unless I misread it so would it not be against the law? I don't necessarily agree with it just asking.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    Might not want to get caught doing it in NC

CC in businesses that post "no guns"

Ok just came home from Flatiron's Crossing. We entered through Dillard's. I spent a couple of minutes looking for no guns signs but couldn't find any! I considered that as "not posted" and happily CC'd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in Mississippi the choice is though. Signs have no weight of law if you have the enhanced sticker on your permit. I still don't like supporting business that are anti gun.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I mentioned above (post #6) that "you may want to check out the schools situation in CA. There are county specific regs also, but I believe school carry is a specific no no." It was rebutted by a couple other members and that's fine with me. I just want to remind folks that the argument that you believe you have the right to carry in a school may not win the day.

I would hate for someone with a permit carry someplace they think might be okay but not be sure and find out that they are wrong. Or I guess that they are right but have to spend a lot of money proving it. Also might make it difficult to renew that permit. I carry to defend my family and self and am willing to comply with what the local enforcement says is off limits. I'm safe enough picking up my grandchildren at school that I don't fear for my life anyway.

Why financially support a business that does not support your right to carry?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Since the signs have the force of law here in North Carolina I am forced to take my business elsewhere.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I like living in a state where the legislature was smart enough to respect & support a business owners right to ask me to leave if I'm discovered carrying a concealed weapon in a "No Weapons" establishment, while still respecting & supporting my right to personal defense regardless of an arbitrary position about concealed weapons on the part of a business owner. IMHO, it's the beat of both worlds. Because the "No Weapons" signage has no statutory teeth here in the Commonwealth, I carry in ALL locales not expressly forbidden as a legal condition of my Concealed Permit.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I mentioned above (post #6) that "you may want to check out the schools situation in CA. There are county specific regs also, but I believe school carry is a specific no no." It .
    Unless something that I am not aware of has superceeded it, the "gun free schools act" PC 626.9, subsection (L) exempts , among others, "a person holding a valid license to carry the firearm pursuant to Article 3 (commencing with Section 12050) of Chapter 1 of Title 2 of Part 4". If someone can verify that this is wrong, PLEASE let me know.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Why subject yourself to a scene and risk embarrassment, or even a trespass arrest or citation in some jurisdictions? If a business owner posts a "no guns" warning, you should respect that--at the end of the day it is their property. Just do business elsewhere at a competitor and let the management know you are and why. If enough folks do this, the anti-gun businesses will get it, as it hits them in the pocket.
    EHPhoto likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Anyone know if signs in WA. carry any force of law??? Im pretty sure they dont

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Why financially support a business that does not support your right to carry?
    Because sometimes there might not be a choice. Do business with them or do without?

As I stated on one of the other thousand or so threads on this topic, if I need to do business there, I go (with my concealed pistol), take care of it, and leave.

In Tennessee, the signs carry the force of law. Admittedly, it's only a Class B misdemeanor and a $500 fine, but that's enough for me. Most of the time, I just take my business elsewhere. Some places, like area hospitals, don't leave you much choice.
    RoadKill likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

If you travel between states check out the app for the iphone (and probably others) called legal heat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links