Man opens "fire" in church

This is a discussion on Man opens "fire" in church within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Reminds me of a story my wife told me of a "field representative" of a mortgage company. Family with kids was in foreclosure. Mortgage co ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man opens "fire" in church

Reminds me of a story my wife told me of a "field representative" of a mortgage company. Family with kids was in foreclosure. Mortgage co sent field rep to talk to the husband and wife. After trying unsuccessfully to get them to answer the door, he came around at 2 or 3 in the morning, beat on the door, walked around the porch throwing liquid around from a gas can and holding up a lighter. The husband came out and talked to him after calling the police. They determined that the gas can had water in it. (They arrested the "rep", who was fired.)

Let me think... Wife and kids asleep inside, dirtbag sneaking around in the wee hours, spreading liquid from gas can, holding a lighter... Hmmm. I would not have been coming out of the house to talk... at least not using words!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread... it kind of reminded me of this.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

2. Remove Ads

I think a lot about scenarios in church...ours isn't in the most crime free area. If it were my church I would move towards him while unholstering and get into the same aisle as him, verifying the line of sight was clear, and then challenge him. Of course, by the point that I could even get over there, its likely someone else would have tackled him (there's a number of younger men in our congregation capable of handling such a situation). But unless there was another weapon other than the gasoline I wouldn't shoot without challenging and extending an ever-so-polite request for them to stop. Perhaps a mistake? I don't know...if someone wants to correct me on this, feel free, I won't take offense. Of course, the guy was obviously a total nutter and might not have responded at all to the threat of deadly force. But perhaps being suddenly and unexpectedly at gunpoint could disorient or distract him for a few seconds while someone else could catch him off guard and tackle him, who knows...

Suffice to say, hope I never have to deal with this!

This is why I carry in church.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links