Restaurant Burglary- What Should I Do? - Page 3

Restaurant Burglary- What Should I Do?

This is a discussion on Restaurant Burglary- What Should I Do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a scenario that happened recently close to my home: Bartender shot and killed at Boca Raton restaurant | www.palmbeachpost.com Basically 4 armed guys stormed ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Restaurant Burglary- What Should I Do?

Here's a scenario that happened recently close to my home: Bartender shot and killed at Boca Raton restaurant | www.palmbeachpost.com

Basically 4 armed guys stormed the restaurant while they were closing, took everyones money and valuables, pistol whipped multiple employees, this bartender or waiter had a couple choice words for them once they were leaving and he was shot dead. On his ankle was a 6 shot revolver...it is said he never used it and rightfully so: 6 shots vs 4 guys, the odds are stacked against him (another reason I refuse to carry a revolver as a primary weapon).

What would I have done in the same situation? Probably lock the door upon closing so this wouldnt happen...but in any event I feel that if the bartender was to take action with his firearm he would have jeopardized some of him employees lives based on how the BGs handled his choice of words...no one would have died if he just kept his mouth shut

I guess it's one of those "You'd have to be there"...in most cases, just give them the money, but if thing seem to go south, shoot accurately and shoot often.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well 4 armed guys vs the original one of the OP. This is getting tougher all the time. I hope my waitresses all have 45s in thigh holsters cause my Josie Wales imitation isnt as good as it used to be
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I can tell many people here haven't been involved in an armed robbery. I have. When that a-hole(s) comes in the door with their gun drawn, that is a non verbal "I will kill you". A threat on your life, or co-workers life. The money is irrelevant.
    It is true that most of the time all they want is the money. Its when you have the nut with the voices or the gang banger making his initiaton kill that survival gets slim.
    Regardless of why they are there, they are there and they have a gun pointed at you. At that moment only you can make the decision if you can draw. You have to make some damn fast calculations as to drawing, aiming, and knowing whats beyond your target. If you draw, eliminate the threat.

Should you eliminate the threat, you will eventually go home to sleep in your bed. B.G will ride away in the coroners van. Count on looking for a new job.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gator15 View Post
    Here's a scenario that happened recently close to my home: Bartender shot and killed at Boca Raton restaurant | www.palmbeachpost.com

Basically 4 armed guys stormed the restaurant while they were closing, took everyones money and valuables, pistol whipped multiple employees, this bartender or waiter had a couple choice words for them once they were leaving and he was shot dead. On his ankle was a 6 shot revolver...it is said he never used it and rightfully so: 6 shots vs 4 guys, the odds are stacked against him (another reason I refuse to carry a revolver as a primary weapon).

What would I have done in the same situation? Probably lock the door upon closing so this wouldnt happen...but in any event I feel that if the bartender was to take action with his firearm he would have jeopardized some of him employees lives based on how the BGs handled his choice of words...no one would have died if he just kept his mouth shut
    Quite so. Don't mouth off to armed bad guys, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy51 View Post
    .... I'm uneasy about asking the owner for fear of him saying that I can't carry.
    Are you saying "what the owner of the business that employs doesn't know, doesn't hurt me"? If so, I have a problem with that.
    Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm
    "Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links