Defensive Carry banner

21 year old living at home shoots intruders

3K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  gasmitty 
#1 ·
There are a few questions remaining... but so far, it looks like they young man protected his father and "his father's wife," By getting dad's gun and shooting one of the three invaders... The other two drove off, but were apparently apprehended later.

Story Here

#9 · (Edited)
#10 ·
It amazes me, that given the current gun "control" controversy that these incidents don't get more national attention. This is more common than many think, and luckily most result in successful personal defense with no one being shot. In any case, another example of why we must fight to retain our 2A rights. Thanks for posting.

#11 ·
Well, I gave it some coverage... Its on my FB page now... thanks...

We need more of us to post these stories...

Maybe make a forum where all these kinds of stories can be posted, then linked to FB or twitter, etc. We need to get the word out people...

Reactions: rutcrazed
#13 ·
#14 ·
Happened in TX we got excellent SD and Castle Doctrine laws,I'll bet that family is glad they now live in a Country/State that allows them the means and ability to defend themselves

#17 ·
ADT always advertises how they "respond" when a bad guy breaks in "We are calling the police"... In this case the bullet traveled a lot faster than ADT could alert the police. That brings up another thought... ADT does NOTHING when the system is off and a home invasion occurs while people are home baking a cake. It only does good to report a "Possible issue" when no one is home and the system is active.

Another vote for active security. Passive security such as ADT has their place, but it active security is a better life saver.

#18 ·
Glad the son didn't have the oven mitts on, or the whole family could have been popped by the time he took them off to grab the gun.

#20 ·
...an alarm sign is not as much a deterrence to a home invasion as to a burglary...in a home invasion, they KNOW the clock is running faster...so many have the signs as a bluff and not the system...I work for a lot of customers who do that...so the BGs don't worry about them as they did years ago...

#22 ·
Texas law allows the 2 surviving perps to be charged for the death of their buddy ... I just LOVE that part. There ought to be mandatory classes in public schools that teach this stuff at an early age to those considering a criminal career, make it part of "Career Day".

Which states are the safest & most dangerous for a criminal career ... etc. I don't think most of these yungins realize that all it takes is one of their cohorts getting killed in the process of a crime that they participate, & all surviving perps get to share the murder rap. Doesn't matter if it's a good guy or a bad guy that is killed as a result of their actions.

Reactions: Sig 210
#24 ·
Texas law allows the 2 surviving perps to be charged for the death of their buddy ... I just LOVE that part. There ought to be mandatory classes in public schools that teach this stuff at an early age to those considering a criminal career, make it part of "Career Day".

Oklahoma has the same law: It applies to non-violent felonies as well. Last year two guys were stealing cable from a transformer station when one was electrocuted. His bud was charged with murder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.