Needle scenario--live and in color

This is a discussion on Needle scenario--live and in color within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This scenario was discussed previously, IRT BG on a train (what would you do?) Read this story and discuss... ST. ALBANS, VT. A high ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needle scenario--live and in color

This scenario was discussed previously, IRT BG on a train (what would you do?)

Read this story and discuss...

ST. ALBANS, VT. A high school student found a used needle and syringe by the side of a road and jabbed eight fellow students over two days, police and school officials said.

Jabbed students at Bellows Free Academy were urged to be vaccinated immediately against hepatitis B. The incidents also posed a lower risk of hepatitis C and HIV, but those diseases would not be expected to show in tests for months.

The student who wielded the needle threw it away, officials said. Police have not been able to recover it and don't know whether it was infected, said police officer Frank McCarty.

A 16-year-old student at the public school will be charged with eight counts of assault, police said. The attacks were reported Thursday and Friday, they said.

"He just walked up and stabbed me with a needle and said, 'You now have hepatitis,"' said student Ava Staples. "I'm pretty nervous." She said she planned to get a blood test.

The school will discipline the student, said district Superintendent Marilyn Grunewald.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226348,00.html

Mike in VA

What would I do if I got stuck? Seek medical attention ASAP of course. Are you asking what would I do if attacked by someone with a needle instead of a knife? I would treat it as if it were a knife attack. Not only could you be killed by the needle itself if stuck in the right place, you could be killed by what is on the needle. It seems the victims here didn't have a chance to react however. Not much you can do if someone walks up to you and sticks a knife, needle, or gun into you out of the blue.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Discipline the student? Are you kidding me?! Put the little $#!^ in therapy and expell him. This shouldn't be an option.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Assistant Administrator
    What a twisted punk. If he's like that now, not much hope.

That is assault for sure
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

What would i do a server beating would have been in order then seek medical attn for myself

Yea, I didn't like the whole school discipline thing either.

You don't need discipline when you are going to be charged with 8 counts of assault. You need expulsion and jail time.
    It's not polite to call people name's, you idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Nytewolf1979 View Post
    Yea, I didn't like the whole school discipline thing either.

You don't need discipline when you are going to be charged with 8 counts of assault. You need expulsion and jail time.
    It's more than just simple assault. It's pretty widely known that needles carry deadly diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Hep, etc... and he clearly acknowledged the fact that he was aware of that. I'd say Attempted Murder! Fry his .

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    It's more than just simple assault. It's pretty widely known that needles carry deadly diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Hep, etc... and he clearly acknowledged the fact that he was aware of that. I'd say Attempted Murder! Fry his .
    I agree 100%

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    When I was a little kid, (8yo or so) I had some punk come up and jab me in the arm with what looked like a needle yelling, "now you've got AIDS." I pretty much freaked out. Turned out it was just a precision oil applicator and it didn't even puncture the skin. Still a pretty scary experience and I couldn't imagine what the kids must be going through that got poked with a real needle.

EDIT: Also, I'm not usually a big supporter of the death penalty, but I've got to agree with the above posters. If he gives anyone AIDS he should fry.

I think that if a 16 year old stabbed me with a needle, or anything else, he wouldn't make it to 17. I'd probably break his neck. I agree with considering it attempted murder because of the HIV threat and would act accordingly.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Administrator
    Lets put a spin on this... if he is coming at you with said needle, is deadly force prudent?

Why wouldn't it be? You have no idea what is on/in the needle. You need to protect yourself from the worst case scenario.

IMO, it easily validates drawing your weapon, then the actions of the BG would determine the rest.
    It's not polite to call people name's, you idiot!

I'd consider a needle a worse threat than a knife. Pull back the plunger, stab someone, push the plunger down. Instant heart attack.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

If I got stuck, I'd definately make sure to "appropriate" the needle so I could take it with me when I went to the hospital. Any injuries the other guy receives while I'm in the process of getting the needle are his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Lets put a spin on this... if he is coming at you with said needle, is deadly force prudent?
    I'd treat this the same way that I would treat someone armed with a knife, a screw-driver, or a broken beer bottle. It's a threat to my safety and I'm going to deal with it accordingly.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Administrator
    Sick, twisted little freak. Needs immediate therapy very badly.
    And if innocent victims turn out to be infected w/ anything like AIDS then he needs to be impaled on a spike in the public square.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links