Officer Killed In The Line Of Duty Last Night

Officer Killed In The Line Of Duty Last Night

This is a discussion on Officer Killed In The Line Of Duty Last Night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A Knox County School Security Officer was shot and killed last night while assigned to Halls High School to protect against Halloween Night vandalism. Officer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Officer Killed In The Line Of Duty Last Night

A Knox County School Security Officer was shot and killed last night while assigned to Halls High School to protect against Halloween Night vandalism.

Officer Russell Kocur was checking out a suspicious vehicle at the school (turned out stolen from a homicide victim on Galax VA) when he was shot in the back by the dirtbag, a homeless P.O.S. wanted in connection with the VA homicide.

The officer was unarmed and not wearing his ballistic vest.

His title was Knox County School Security Officer, but he is a member of the Law Enforcement community and will be missed.

A salute to you Officer Kocur, and our thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/4542511.html
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I'm sorry to read of his death.

I'm more than a little perplexed as to why he was going about duties such as he was, unarmed.

VIP Member
    Prayers for comfort for his family and friends have gone up.

Rest in peace, Officer.

Unarmed and without ballistic vest ? He must have been pretty comfortable with his surroundings.

If I had to do duty on Halloween night at a high school, I would be carrying a big gun and some armor.

In any event, I am sorry to hear about his death.

Walther1

VIP Member
    RIP
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Accordong to the statement by the school board, he had not yet completed the second phase of his training, and thus could not yet carry a weapon.

Not only that, he usually wore a vest, but for some reason, decided not to wear it last night.

School Security used to be a division of the Sheriff's Office, and the officers received the same training as our reserve officers, including firearms training, and were sworn Sheriff's Deputies who were assigned to the School Board. Now, apparently they are not under the Sheriff's Office, only the school board.

I knew of one officer who was assigned to a different high school, and the principal demanded the officer work unarmed or be fired. Working under the school board, he was answerable to the principal. One day he had to arrest two students who were fighting, one pulled a knife during the fight, and then fought the officer during the arrest, to the point the officer pepper sprayed the student. When he took his handcuffs out, and the principal demanded he not handcuff the student in school. He tried telling the Sheriff's Transportation Officer in the wagon not to handcuff. The Sheriff's Officer asked the principal if he wanted to ride in the van with the student, and then handcuffed the student.

My point being, the school board, school principals, and teachers, are still under the dream that none of these "children" could or would even consider doing harm to another and expect everyone, even those charged with protecting the students and teachers, to treat them with kid gloves so as not to damage their "fragile little minds" (using a phrase from Southpark's Eric Cartman).

I'm off my soapbox for a while.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    That principal needs his teeth kicked in by a student.

And I wish your story had the officer spitting on the principal and resigning in disgust.

Sorry to hear about that. Over hear in Houston, we just had a boy in blue get shot a killed by an immigrant that was pulled over for speeding or something. Either way, the officer didn't do a thorough check on ther person's body and failed to detect the handgun in his waist. Then, from the back seat, the perp managed to get a couple of shots to the officers a head and killed him.

As far as school officers, I am not sure whether our Alief ISD officers are with the Harris County or with Alief ISD. But I can assure you that they pack some heat. Unlike some principles, Alief has no tolerance. But I think thats a Texas thing. If you act like an adult, you're gonna get treated and punished like one.

Senior Moderator
    Sorry to hear about the mans death.

Maybe those fools on the school board will wake up now and pay attention. Like many school boards, administrators and pricipals,they are no more than highly educated idiots.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Unarmed and without ballistic vest
    About as close to condition white that a sheepdog can be. At least, about as close as you can get and still wear a badge. He's going to become a textbook example of how not to do one's duty.

Condolences to his family and those who care about him.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I will keep his family in my prayers.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

Lead Moderator
    It's never good when someone trying to uphold law and oder is killing in the line of duty. The unfortunate reality is too many security/ ect do work unarmed and defenseless other than bare hands.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

R.I.P. Brother
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Moderator
    What a senseless waste.

R.I.P. Officer Russell Kocur.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

They Are Educated...Liberals...

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Sorry to hear about the mans death.

Maybe those fools on the school board will wake up now and pay attention. Like many school boards, administrators and pricipals,they are no more than highly educated idiots.
    And no...they will not wake up...

I know this to be TRUE...first hand!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links