Merged: Murder In An Elevator-What Do You Do?

This is a discussion on Merged: Murder In An Elevator-What Do You Do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This one is already laid out for you. Watch how people react to a (staged) attempted murder | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Merged: Murder In An Elevator-What Do You Do?

VIP Member

Last edited by Bark'n; March 11th, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Interesting. The dude at the end calmly whipping out his phone to take a video. Unreal...

Obviously filmed in one of our finer areas where the Second Amendment is but a fantasy, otherwise they'd have had to take more serious precautions to avoid someone actually stopping the threat.
    Hopyard, atctimmy and Tzadik like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

The guy doing the strangling would have looked funny with my size 12 boot in his mouth.....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    The guy doing the strangling would have looked funny with my size 12 boot in his mouth.....
    I am amazed that no one was shown putting the boots to him. It makes me believe that perhaps the startled onlookers were part of the contrivance.
    ep1953 likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's a good way to get shot by a friendly CC'er.
    gasmitty, TVJ, pittypat21 and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I am amazed that no one was shown putting the boots to him. It makes me believe that perhaps the startled onlookers were part of the contrivance.
    Actually, I doubt it. It was filmed in NYC. For the most part I bet those folks were genuine. The prevailing mindset of NYC'ers isn't going to be a 'fight tooth and nail' for a stranger; it's just not their culture.

Had they filmed this in any number of southern or midwest cities, I bet you'd see a totally different level of response.
    atctimmy, Tzadik, jimmagu and 3 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

I hope the people who just walked away are disgusted by themselves after reviewing their reactions.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's a good way to get shot by a friendly CC'er.
    My thoughts exactly!!!!!!

Well, that says alot......how many times have we heard of large groups of people in NYC just standing by watching some mugging or beating a woman or pushing them on to the RR tracks at the station and then just walk away......Pathetic...IMO.

They better hope that they're pulling that stunt in GB and not in the US. But that aside, if it were me not knowing who the actual initial victim was, I'd try to keep the elevator door open, yell for help and for someone to call 911. If the guy doing the strangling didn't stop after a couple of verbal attempts telling him that it's over, then I'd probably grab his jacket and long hair and pull him over the top of the apparent victim. That would at least stop the choking, get them off of each other and get the situation out of the elevator where it would continue if the doors were to close like in the fire extinguisher episode. If I was carrying, it would be kept holstered as long as possible but if the guy with the rope turned on me, he's likely to be shot but I'd have to try and keep some distance and a close eye on both of these people until help arrived as I have no idea who's who. A lot would depend on the actions of each person after I've attempted to stop the situation. This seems to be a bit of a tough one because if you don't keep your distance, you could easily get in the middle of it, bringing a firearm into play. If you do keep your distance, then the elevator doors would close and someone is likely to have been murdered in front of you.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

So here's a scenario that plays out and the strangler direct's his attention towards you in a confined space.......and your one of those who doesn't carry Cond.1 ....... I know your out there....whatch gonna do....rack the slide while he strangles you in the elevator....?
    Learn something from these scenarios...trouble doesn't make an appointment.

The guy with the fire extinguisher deserves a medal for his quick thinking, but I would have turned it into a club, and I dont mean the dancing kind. Somebody would have had severe head injuries.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

The staged attackers sure are lucky that one of us from the forum didn't show up.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    So here's a scenario that plays out and the strangler direct's his attention towards you in a confined space.......and your one of those who doesn't carry Cond.1 ....... I know your out there....whatch gonna do....rack the slide while he strangles you in the elevator....?
    Learn something from these scenarios...trouble doesn't make an appointment.
    That's exactly correct, you just never know when someone is going to wrap a cord around your neck and choke the life out of you. That's why I have a policy of slotting anyone who gets in an elevator that I'm occupying. On principle alone, I don't want to leave the door open to getting attacked.
    NRA Life Member

The craziest one to me was the woman who was smacking the combatants with... fresh flowers?? Really?

I was actually surprised that no one was caught frantically mashing the "Close Door" button.

Putting myself in that position, I can see where I might be so shocked, I might just freeze with my eyes bugged out! I like to think I'd run away immediately though. Doubt I'd try to physically intervene, partly because of the risk to my own safety, and partly because there's no way to tell which one the "good guy" is, if there even IS a 'good' guy. Sometimes the good guy is the one who's winning.

Interesting video - thanks for sharing!
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links