Bank Scenario - Customer pulls gun on other customer

This is a discussion on Bank Scenario - Customer pulls gun on other customer within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened last week at the banking center that my wife worked at last. She has since changed banking centers but is still in contact ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Bank Scenario - Customer pulls gun on other customer

Bank Scenario - Customer pulls gun on other customer

This happened last week at the banking center that my wife worked at last. She has since changed banking centers but is still in contact with many people at the old branch.

Apparently "Customer A" was not happy about something going on with his account and became rude and loud with the teller. Customer B decides he does not like the way Customer A is talking to the teller and verbal altercation between the customers begins. Customer B pulls a pistol and points it at customer A, even presses it to his head. Bank manager tried to diffuse the situation, cops are called... Customers end up outside the banking center, cops arrive but no one was arrested!

Anyway. It's been going through my mind all weekend wondering what I would do had I been in the bank at the time all this happened.

So, I guess this is a "what would you do"?

2. Remove Ads

I would seek cover, not knowing exactly what the hell was happening and wanting to avoid a stray bullet. I wouldn't draw on Customer B, thusly adding to the confusion and creating a "Reservoir Dogs" type scenario.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    No one was arrested? This must be a made up story. That being said, if it did happen the fool who pulled his gun is obviously an idiot and should have his ccp revoked until the end of time and not allowed to pass within 300 miles of a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    No one was arrested? This must be a made up story. That being said, if it did happen the fool who pulled his gun is obviously an idiot and should have his ccp revoked until the end of time and not allowed to pass within 300 miles of a firearm.
    No way someone held a gun to someone's head in public and didn't go to the pokey. Hmmmm.....

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

I can't comment on if it was made up or not. I was not there but I don't think the person I was talking to (the manager of the bank, my wife's friend) would have a reason to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I can't comment on if it was made up or not. I was not there but I don't think the person I was talking to (the manager of the bank, my wife's friend) would have a reason to lie.
    I didn't call anyone a liar, I just assumed this was a "made up" scenario and commented in that vein.
    tcox4freedom and Pyzik like this.

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    I find it hard to believe that no one was arrested. The guy who pulled the gun would have to be arrested, so it seems to me. If he had a concealed carry permit, it would have to be revoked.

It's people like him that are the stuff of liberals' fantasies, giving support to their gun-control fetish.
    Exacto likes this.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

VIP Member
    Two people trying to out-stupid each other, with no lethal threat presented to myself nor other bystanders?

I excuse myself and bank on some other day.

VIP Member
    If no one was arrested, and no one was hurt, it is everyone's lucky day.

Without knowing the entire situation it is impossible to know if the right decision was made
    by responding LEOs; sometimes it is ok to use discretion and let things ride, and if that is what
    occurred, I'd give them a thumb up.

Also, just because they weren't arrested on the spot doesn't mean they both won't be arrested
    after a DA sees the report.
    Pyzik, Snub44 and Bark'n like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Sounds like a hypothetical scenerio that morphed into a situation. I'm all for getting out of the way as my priority.
    perfection likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    If it doesn't make sense it's not true. I know of no cop including myself if the scenario happened as you put it, he would not have been arrested. There has to be something more than you were told.
    USM1976 and Exacto like this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    If it doesn't make sense it's not true. I know of no cop including myself if the scenario happened as you put it, he would not have been arrested. There has to be something more than you were told.
    Perhaps the bozo flashing the gun was the bro-in-law of the responding officer?

Quote Originally Posted by asldkjfqwoifqwo View Post
    Perhaps the bozo flashing the gun was the bro-in-law of the responding officer?
    Or a city councilman or some such nonsense. At any rate I would have got the hell out of their way; even depart the bank if possible to do so safely. Can't see how adding my weight to the argument would have made things better for anybody.....especially me!

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Two people trying to out-stupid each other, with no lethal threat presented to myself nor other bystanders?

I excuse myself and bank on some other day.
    Bingo.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Can't be real. The guy that pulled the gun would be under the jail , especially in this political climate.
    Jetfuelrm and Broadus like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links