Too paranoid?

This is a discussion on Too paranoid? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off wasn't sure what section to put this under, but how paranoid do you have to be to do this FOX4 Mobile Local News: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Too paranoid?

Too paranoid?

First off wasn't sure what section to put this under, but how paranoid do you have to be to do this

FOX4 Mobile Local News: Bizarre road rage incident leaves man with bullet in head

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L3git View Post
    First off wasn't sure what section to put this under, but how paranoid do you have to be to do this

FOX4 Mobile Local News: Bizarre road rage incident leaves man with bullet in head
    That's not paranoid. That's "thug." I would love to know if that guy who did the shooting had
    a CHL or was merely car carrying. If he was someone with a record or just someone with ZERO
    training.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

"Young is a certified security guard, and National Guardsman who's licensed to carry a concealed weapon." ...from the linked article

...soon to be "once licensed", "once certified", and maybe ex-National Guardsman...NO EXCUSE for his opening up on the victim...we DON'T normally shoot our DUIs in TX...they're too good a revenue source...
    ws76133 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I'm not even sure of what I just read...
    darbo and Ransom like this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

...more coffee, Sir??? works for me!!!

Kind of hard to read the way the story was written but how exactly was the security guard threatened? The victim stopped in from of him and then attempted to drive off so he fired 15 rounds?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...more coffee, Sir??? works for me!!!
    I've already had coffee; but I don't think that there's enough coffee in the world for that to make sense. I don't think that could be written any worse and still have actual words in it..
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

It was poorly written. The morning news did better on tv also it's the media so we don't have all the details. What my point is in no way would I ever be able to justify shooting 15 rounds as someone following me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ummm... So what happened? All I got out reading that article was that there were two men in two cars and one ended up with a round in the head, one of 15 shot by the other guy.

So why did anyone shoot a gun? Did both of them shoot a gun? Was someone out of their car at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by CPT_Rich View Post
    Ummm... So what happened? All I got out reading that article was that there were two men in two cars and one ended up with a round in the head, one of 15 shot by the other guy.

So why did anyone shoot a gun? Did both of them shoot a gun? Was someone out of their car at some point?
    Apparently a good Samaritan was following someone who they thought was drunk, it turned out to be a security guard who had a CHL. At some point during the following the security guard stopped in the middle of the highway and shot 15 rounds at the guy following him

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The security guard needs to be tried for attempted murder. What is it, with some of these people. For anyone new to carrying, this is not what carrying is about.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

L3git, thanks for clarifying.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    It was hard to understand the article but it does not sound like he was paranoid he is just crazy. This off duty security guard does not do much to help our cause in defending our 2nd amendment rights.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    thanks, that is much easier to understand. Unless there is something missing I do not see a reason for this guy draw his weapon. Maybe pull over and be prepared for trouble. but no real reason to draw the gun and definitely not reason to empty his gun at the guy's vehicle. That being said probably the guy that was shot did not have to follow him so aggressively. Once the other driver sped up and slowed down it should have clued him in to stop following seeing how he had already called the police. I might get slammed for that opinion but I feel both parties made mistakes but the guy with the gun made a much much bigger one which could of resulted in people being killed when he was never really in any danger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links