Defensive Carry banner

Home invasion

4K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  dripster 
#1 ·
Working today, one of my coworkers gets a phone call from his brother. Apparently his brother arrived home to find a man ransacking his home, he called 911 and sometime between the call and officers arriving a single shot was fired. Coworkers brother is ok. He says the invader had a weapon, not sure what the weapon was. This city is a mess it's nice to hear the good guy come out on top for once!
http://m.standardspeaker.com/news/man-shot-in-alleged-home-break-in-1.1465678

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#9 ·
In Texas, when he fired the bullet it also became an Aggravated Robbery or Attempted Capital Murder depending on how the DA's Office decided to pursue it when the thug is caught. So, what does all this mean...its a 2nd degree (2 - 20 years) felony to burglarize a habitation for theft only. The charges of Aggravated Robbery and Attempted Capital Murder are 1st degree felonies (5 - 99 or life).

#5 ·
Your description sounds like a burglary but the article makes it sound like a one invasion as it seems to imply the brother was in the house not just arriving.

#25 ·
It is a big deal or else we have to accept the anti gunners use of "Assault weapon". The knife cuts both ways. :) If it is not OK for them to mis-describe things, it is not OK for us. The use of words are a big deal these days as that is home most people get their information.

#7 ·
Ha ha invasion, common misconception, as stated above it was burglary
Lets hope it doesn't happen to any of us here, if it happens in my home, well I will be calling cops after a few well placed shots
Never ever let the bad guy out alive
And guys, show no mercy, ever!!!!!!

#10 ·
It matters quite a bit for some. In many states a home invasion (breaking in while the home is occupied) is grounds for use of deadly force while arriving at a burglary is not since protection of property is not grounds for the use of deadly force.

#24 ·
I would like to take issue with a statement in the report: The intruder had to be airlifted to the hospital. He didn't have to be airlifted...he could have been driven. The expense involved, to me, for a BG is a waste of resources.

#29 ·
I have been broken into 3 times in the past 20 years. None while I was there, thank God. I will honestly say "IF" I had walked in on the person during the act OR it happened while I was there, I WOULD have felt threatened for my life and would have used my pistol. My rule is that if you are not part of my family, or was not invited into my house, then you are there to cause harm and you will be shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.