One of my clients was robbed yesterday.

One of my clients was robbed yesterday.

This is a discussion on One of my clients was robbed yesterday. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I haven't had a chance to talk to them about it yet, so the only details that I have are from the news reports. So ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: One of my clients was robbed yesterday.

Thumbs down One of my clients was robbed yesterday.

I haven't had a chance to talk to them about it yet, so the only details that I have are from the news reports.

So the question is, what if anything do you do if you work in a place where this is likely to happen, or frequent a place where this happens.

One comment I heard was, "I can't believe it happened in that neighborhood". There are no neighborhoods that are immune. If you have money or other things that criminals can use or want, they will come looking for it.

Armed man attempts robbery of Pleasant Grove Pharmacy

By: Lareign Ward - Texarkana Gazette

Staff photo by Curt Youngblood • Members of the Texarkana, Texas, Police Department investigate an attempted armed robbery Tuesday afternoon at Pleasant Grove Pharmacy.

Staff photo by Curt Youngblood • Spencer Price, a crime scene technician with Texarkana, Texas, Police Deparment, searches for fingerprints Tuesday afternoon on the door of Pleasant Grove Pharmacy after an attempted robbery at the store.

An armed man in search of drugs attempted to rob Pleasant Grove Pharmacy on Tuesday afternoon, Texarkana, Texas, police said.

No one was injured in the robbery attempt on the pharmacy at 3302 Richmond Road. Capt. Michael Henry said police were dispatched to the scene at 1:40 p.m.

Sgt. Steve Shelley said a man armed with a handgun entered the business and approached an employee. The man was wearing a bandana and sunglasses to cover his face.

While Shelley said the man “directed the employee towards the pharmaceutical area of the store,” police had not been able to definitely determine if the robber, who apparently favored narcotics over cash, left with any items.

“It doesn’t look like he made off with much, if anything at all,” Henry said at the crime scene Tuesday afternoon.

Henry said a female employee tried to flee the store to get away from the robber, but he forced her back into the store. The robber then fled the scene, heading south on foot, Shelley said.

Officers canvassed the area in search of the robber, but were unable to locate him. Henry said it was unlikely that any sort of surveillance cameras captured images of the robber, although police were still checking with nearby businesses Tuesday afternoon to see if they had any footage relevant to the investigation.

The pharmacy was closed while police dusted the door for fingerprints and interviewed witnesses. When he found out why the store was closed, a customer who wanted to pay a bill said, “Really? In this neighborhood?”

Henry said Tuesday’s incident is the only recent attempted or completed pharmacy robbery on the Texas side.

“People get addicted to narcotics, and this is one way they see of being able to get some quickly,” the police captain said.

TTPD requests that any person with information on the robbery call Texarkana Area Crime Stoppers at 903-793-STOP.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Moderator
    The only thing that I can stress to people is situational awareness.

Pay attention to what's around you. Most people are so busy texting that they have no idea about what is happening 5 feet away from them.
    smolck, atctimmy, USM1976 and 3 others like this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Anywhere, anytime! If there're money/drugs/jewelry on site, it's a prime location for a crime.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I find it unbelievable that the pharmacy didn't have cameras. If they didn't, they should. If they did and could not get any images from them, they need to upgrade. If you have cash and/or narcotics on site, you need to have surveillance.
    TailRunner likes this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Unfortunately, all of us should be aware of our surroundings these days. Nobody or business is immune from being attacked.

FWIW, there is no such crime as Attempted Robbery in Texas. If someone tries to take property by force and fails to obtain the property, the charge is Robbery or Aggravated Robbery (weapon or serious bodily harm)...no attempt in robbery events.
    Sky Pilot likes this.

Be alert and prepared. You must understand, the minute you are threatened with deadly force it is no longer about the money/drugs/property. You must be prepared to respond accordingly. These people get more and more desperate all the time we must evolve to deal with it as well.
    nti06, Anubis and First Sgt like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    One comment I heard was, "I can't believe it happened in that neighborhood".
    I'm always amused when people say things like that. Better neighborhoods have better stuff and often less security.
    Sky Pilot likes this.

I still can't believe that people still make similar statements to, "I can't believe this kind of thing can happen here." I'm glad your client is OK but I hope they catch the guy soon.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    From what I see in my local papers, it is pharmacies numero uno on the robbery list. Strung out druggies are just looking for those pain killers and any other kind of med that has the high they are looking for. It almost seems that regardless of what you do, they will rob you and they will do it with a firearm or the threat of same. Videos may catch them but will not stop them. We are talking crazy druggies here and I can only think of one thing that will stop them if you are so inclined and everyone on this defensive carry forum knows what that is. I have not read, at least in my area, of any drugstore employees being injured. Best you can do is like in a bank--ya know the explosion of red dye on the money. With drugs you give them the drugs in a way that will destroy them once they leave--with drugs maybe it is some kind of acid or material that will make them unusable.

...in the pawn shop I worked in for 5 years, we'd keep a Windex bottle and paper towels close...every slow spot...we'd clean the countertops near the register first, then the rest...and the inside of the front door...

...in the event of robbery or snatch-and-grab thievery, there'd be a much likelier chance that we'd have useable prints for the detectives to make use of...we had the cleanest counters in town...and never needed 'em...
    ...cameras are a poor deterrant...but an excellent source of evidence...keep 'em loaded and functioning...not necessarily visible...

Pharmacies should keep a special shelf of "narcotics" just for the robbers. Give them all they want, enough for their friends, too. Oh, but just think of the lawsuits...nice thought, though.
    ep1953, Snub44 and Sky Pilot like this.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Quote Originally Posted by OldandInTheWay View Post
    Pharmacies should keep a special shelf of "narcotics" just for the robbers. Give them all they want, enough for their friends, too. Oh, but just think of the lawsuits...nice thought, though.
    From what I have seen, the robbers/burglars scout out the pharmacy beforehand so they know exactly where what they are wanting is. This pharmacy had been burglarized prior, they basically pulled the front doors off at night with a vehicle I believe, nothing was disturbed in the store except for the narcotics.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member
    Pharmacies only have two things in them Drugs and Money why would you be surprised they are a target?
    Sky Pilot likes this.

I hate robberies, especially like this one. Sooner or later this drug addict is going to shoot some one for "not giving it up" fast enough. An addict with a gun is a deadly combination and a murder going someplace to happen.

I can solve the problem. Give the addicts a lifetime supply of the drug of choice but make it mandatory for them to injest it in less than a 24 hour period. That should do the trick.
    OldVet likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

For anyone is today's world who doesn't believe in the statement, "Any time, any place"...you are living in a fantasy world.
    I keep hearing, "I can't believe it happened here"...wake up folks, it's all probability...many will be getting their chance to say the same...stay alert, stay armed, stay safe!
    USM1976 and JoJoGunn like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links