Another GREAT reason to NOT intervene in other's problems: "Extreme Kidnapping"

This is a discussion on Another GREAT reason to NOT intervene in other's problems: "Extreme Kidnapping" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Extreme Kidnapping, Detroit Business Run By Adam Thick, Sells Consensual Abduction (VIDEO) If you've got a couple hundred bucks to burn and a masochistic streak, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Another GREAT reason to NOT intervene in other's problems: "Extreme Kidnapping"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Another GREAT reason to NOT intervene in other's problems: "Extreme Kidnapping"

Extreme Kidnapping, Detroit Business Run By Adam Thick, Sells Consensual Abduction (VIDEO)

If you've got a couple hundred bucks to burn and a masochistic streak, then maybe it's time to check out a Detroit business that promises to give the thrill of a real-life abduction.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Good way to get shot . . . for all involved.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Unbelievably stupid idea.
    Well, not totally unbelievable .... we've seen some other doozies. But this one is right up there.
    Spec likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Another great reason to avoid Detroit.
    Spec likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

...kinky as a sizzled snake...

What in the world....
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

If it is not a joke, it is probably one of the most stupid, reckless, and dangerous things I have ever encountered. In Nebraska, kidnapping is explicitly cited as a just reason to use deadly force (i.e. if you see a kidnapping taking place, not just you being kidnapped). Rape is on that list too.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aogiss View Post
    If it is not a joke, it is probably one of the most stupid, reckless, and dangerous things I have ever encountered. In Nebraska, kidnapping is explicitly cited as a just reason to use deadly force (i.e. if you see a kidnapping taking place, not just you being kidnapped). Rape is on that list too.
    Are you absolutely, without a doubt, certain of that Nebraska citation? Can you provide the statute that backs that up?
    I'm not too sure of that.
    gregnsc likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Good way to get shot . . . for all involved.
    Yup.

For those "who pay for the ultimate thrill." Yeah, they might well "pay" in ultimate ways, too. Unbelievably stupid. They're in Detroit engaging in what any reasonable person would conclude is a violent kidnapping/robbery in progress? They're risking intervention by anyone nearby who's armed and appalled enough to do so. That'd be a real kick, yeah?

But then, it is Detroit, where crime rates are appalling. Perhaps that's the safest place to conduct such lunacy. Hm.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I am no NE expert on law but this is what it says:

Nebraska Revised Statute 28-1414
    (4) The use of deadly force shall not be justifiable under this section unless the actor believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against death, serious bodily harm, kidnapping or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat, nor is it justifiable if:

(a) The actor, with the purpose of causing death or serious bodily harm, provoked the use of force against himself in the same encounter; or

(b) The actor knows that he can avoid the necessity of using such force with complete safety by retreating or by surrendering possession of a thing to a person asserting a claim of right thereto or by complying with a demand that he abstain from any action which he has no duty to take, except that:
    It does not stuipulate "others"...just for yourself.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Actually 28-1410 does talk about others:

8-1410. Use of force for protection of other persons.
    (1) Subject to the provisions of this section and of section 28-1414, the use of force upon or toward the person of another is justifiable to protect a third person when:

(a) The actor would be justified under section 28-1409 in using such force to protect himself against the injury he believes to be threatened to the person whom he seeks to protect;

(b) Under the circumstances as the actor believes them to be, the person whom he seeks to protect would be justified in using such protective force; and

(c) The actor believes that his intervention is necessary for the protection of such other person.

(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section:

(a) When the actor would be obliged under section 28-1409 to retreat, to surrender the possession of a thing or to comply with a demand before using force in self-protection, he shall not be obliged to do so before using force for the protection of another person, unless he knows that he can thereby secure the complete safety of such other person;

(b) When the person whom the actor seeks to protect would be obliged under section 28-1409 to retreat, to surrender the possession of a thing or to comply with a demand if he knew that he could obtain complete safety by so doing, the actor is obliged to try to cause him to do so before using force in his protection if the actor knows that he can obtain complete safety in that way; and

(c) Neither the actor nor the person whom he seeks to protect is obliged to retreat when in the other's dwelling or place of work to any greater extent than in his own.

But it does not necessarily stipulate, explicitly, kidnapping or rape.
    suntzu likes this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yes it does...it references the statute in my post. Read the statute again I qoted for the "person". It says kidnapping and sexual intercourse.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Yeah, okay, so between 1409, 1410 and 1414 it does explicitly allow for protection of others in the case of rape or kidnapping.
    aogiss likes this.

Smh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links