How is this NOT JUSTIFIED!!???

This is a discussion on How is this NOT JUSTIFIED!!??? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; People get themselves to believe that even someone who is trying to kill an innocent person should just be "shot in the leg to stop ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is this NOT JUSTIFIED!!???

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    People get themselves to believe that even someone who is trying to kill an innocent person should just be "shot in the leg to stop him" by that innocent person.

They actually argue that a person who was trying to MURDER someone else should be treated with gentleness and restraint by the would-be murder victim! INSANITY!

I fear what might happen if enough of these television-educated fools come to a position where they can re-write the laws that recognize the right to use DEADLY force (as opposed to RESTRAINED PHYSICAL force) when confronted with same.

It's only because idiotic movies and t.v. shows depict "highly trained" cops shooting people in "nonlethal" places like arms, shoulders, hands, knees, that the idiot public thinks we should be held to this standard when we defend ourselves. It's absurd, and these people need to be educated in the REALITY.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    It is ashame people have to die, however the sensible thing to do would have been to just cooperate.

It is not a shame when evil, violent people bent on murder and other violent crime have to die, however the sensible thing to do would have been to just cooperate.

There, fixed it for ya.

Why would you say that it's a shame when someone such as this is killed? He exposed himself as the type of person who would fight for a cop's gun and attempt to murder the cop. This is someone whom you say it's a SHAME when he dies?! Let me ask you -- is there ANYONE in the world for whom it's NOT a shame when they die, then? I mean, if attempted copkillers die and it's a "SHAME," I am thinking that the only kind of person you might not think it's a "shame" dying would be, like, Idi Amin or Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    I think you will find that in many cases, the arguments for the deceased are overwhelmingly positive. He was a good kid. He was a good father. He was yaddy yaddy yaddy.
    I think this may be a common thing with humans for some strange reason; after a family member's dead, they completely forget all the bad things that person ever did.

I know of one lady whose husband was very abusive, attempted to choke his son to death, had psychological problems, and was on meds. He was usually unemployed while she worked to pay all the bills. She talked all the time of how she wanted to leave him, how she wanted to kill him, etc. Finally, things got so bad (especially with the choking incident) that she did leave him and filed for divorce. He kept coming around after this and wouldn't leave her alone, etc., but finally, a few months later his body was found in the shed behind his house. He had committed suicide by overdosing on his (many) meds.

Suddenly, she's a changed woman. She's so upset that he's gone, she has thousands of photos of him, talks about how "this man was always smiling" (he actually had a severe rage problem), and how "the doctors" were to blame for him killing himself. She wanted to sue the doctors, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

It seems that no matter how horrible a person is, their family members are always backing them up after their death (or even before). If cops shoot a guy who's about to blow up a school full of children, the guy's family will probably want to sue, saying that "they didn't have to kill him".

I say if you illegally shoot at anyone, not just cops, then you should be ready to accept an equal level of force.

why is it when a parent has a turd for a kid they can't believe they could do that, or he didn't have to die even when they watch the video.
    He didn't have to die but it is ok with them if the cop did, the only thing that caused his death was his own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by gotammo View Post
    why is it when a parent has a turd for a kid they can't believe they could do that, or he didn't have to die even when they watch the video.
    He didn't have to die but it is ok with them if the cop did, the only thing that caused his death was his own actions.
    I think that if the parents admit that their son was a turd, then they have to face the responsibility of their own failure at parenting.

Besides, all he did was try to kill a cop and we all know cops aren't human. They don't have wives, husbands and children who love them. They simply come out of a police car to disrespect people like the wonderful turd. Then they return to the squad car until another opportunity to hassle a poor misunderstood turd.

Hey. . . . wait a minute. I think that calling this guy a turd is an insult to fecal matter everywhere. After all, a real turd has value at some point as fertilizer. This guy is a waste of skin.

The cop put his life on the line and all the media can do is talk about how the family might file a law suit.

To the cop: Thank you for your service. I salute you!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    This maggot deserved what he got. Just think, out of 100,000 sperm cells, HE'S the one that made it!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I suppose if the guy had shot and killed the trooper then his parents wouldn't have felt the death penalty was just either .
    If the guy would have just let the trooper check him then he would have found the gun, arrested the guy and more than likely he would have gotten a reduced sentence and been out gang bangin within a month or two if even that. When you pull a gun on a cop you've stepped the situation up a notch and usually something bad is gonna happen to someone. Luckily this time it was the right guy that took the bullet. Now this clip may be up for debate but we dont know as we dont see the whole story .
    http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=b1...=00/37&fg=copy

either way the guy shouldnt have been packin an illegal firearm.

P.S. In case you didnt know Jack Palance died today

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=b5...=00/37&fg=copy

Quote Originally Posted by riversdaddy View Post
    I say if you illegally shoot at anyone, not just cops, then you should be ready to accept an equal level of force.
    That sums it all up in one sentence.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

There is one exception about which I am familiar where a family member spoke badly of the deceased. It happened a few years ago in Garland, Texas. Police were called to a domestic disturbance where a teenaged girl was in fear from her teenaged brother. She called 911.

The officer arrived and was mic'd and there was a dash cam in his car that caught a very small portion of the action in the camera, although you could hear everything that went on. The officer approached the teenaged male who produced a knife. There was a verbal exchange and the officer drew his gun and ordered the knife be dropped. The youth refused and advanced on the officer. The whole time the officer issued commands to drop the knife, to stay back, etc.

Then you see the officer backing across the field of view of the camera, gun drawn and pointing at the teenager who is pointing a knife at the cop, continuing to advance on the officer and no more than 8-10 feet away. As I recall, this all went on for about 30 seconds before the kid finally made a quick move against the officer who fired one shot, killing the aggressor.

The adults of the family, who were not home at the time, thought the event was horrible and that the officer should have done something other than shoot their boy. When the sister was interviewed, she was sorry for the loss of her brother, but said her brother was trying to stab the cop and the cop defended himself.

The shooting was ruled as a justified shooting, the audio, short bit of video showing the teenager advancing on the cop with a knife, and the statements of the sister were more than sufficient proof, but the family was not happy about what the cops did to their good little boy who never got into any trouble..

Quote Originally Posted by netmechanic View Post
    Now this clip may be up for debate but we dont know as we dont see the whole story .
    http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=b1...=00/37&fg=copy

either way the guy shouldnt have been packin an illegal firearm.
    I don't think I feel sorry for him... hmmm let's see... gangbanger with an illegal firearm, stolen from someone who at one point or another, had bought and paid for it, fighting the police... nope, not sorry for him. He had an illegal deadly weapon and they chose the non-lethal alternative. It would have been the same crying and moaning if they had pepper sprayed him, tazed him, set the K9 on him, etc.

Fight a cop making a lawful arrest, and get thumped, sprayed, tazed, dog bitten, or all the above. Consequences and repercussions stem from unlawful actions.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

I keep waiting for someone that kills another person in self defence to file a lawsuit against the parents of the perp, claiming that due to the improper parenting that they are liable claiming mental anguish stress related psycosis and hardship to their family.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I keep waiting for someone that kills another person in self defence to file a lawsuit against the parents of the perp, claiming that due to the improper parenting that they are liable claiming mental anguish stress related psycosis and hardship to their family.
    Exactly

I'm waiting for that suit too!!....in some school districts, if the student is constantly late for school, the parent is expected to serve detention too...(IIRC--NYC has this policy)

If parents of today would see that their ineffective parenting has conseqences, maybe the next generation of adults would think how to be a proper parent.

Since we're speaking of our sue happy society, click the link and click on "I'll sue ya"
    It's a song, very funny, safe for family.
    http://xsao.net/index.php?album=21880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links