How is this NOT JUSTIFIED!!???

This is a discussion on How is this NOT JUSTIFIED!!??? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trooper video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baix0Xa9x3o If that scumbag's family makes one cent in suing this officer, I will have to leave this country....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trooper video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baix0Xa9x3o

If that scumbag's family makes one cent in suing this officer, I will have to leave this country.

VIP Member
    Can you give a description? Site requires logging in or signing up & I don't wish to do that......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

justified to me...he tried to shoot the trooper in the head...I would have done the same thing if I were in his shoes. I'll move out of the country with you if you go. If anyone makes any money off of this it's sick.

username: test1234
    password: test1234

He deserved what he got. Plain and simple.

As for the father, I understand gref can make you say, do, think, stupid things. In hind sight, he should have taught his son to have more respect for the law and the authorities sworn to uphold it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJMAC View Post
    If that scumbag's family makes one cent in suing this officer, I will have to leave this country.
    Only problem is, where you gonna move to? If you know of a better country in terms of freedoms and opportunity, I'm listening.

I thought that too, where could we move too, there isn't even any unclaimed land left for us to go and start our own country.

Even in hind sight I don't see what the trooper could have done. It was a terrible situation.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Can you give a description? Site requires logging in or signing up & I don't wish to do that......
    This is the highway patrollman who pulls the 26 year old over, and they start wrestling when he moves the subject to the back of his car. The subject drops a gun, and they go down on top of it. The subject gets control of the gun he dropped, and fires a shot, narrowly missing the trooper's head.

As the fight continues, the subject starts to turn over on the ground, still in control of the gun. The trooper drawn his gun and fires a round into the subject's head. End of fight.

The family says that they don't care what the video shows, their son didn't have to die.

From my perspective viewing the video, the shooting was completely justified.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    From my perspective viewing the video, the shooting was completely justified.
    I agree. It really is a shame someone had to die but I think young people need to learn that there are consequences for shooting at a cop. We don't live in a movie or video game.

You shoot at a cop you should die...not just deserve to die. If he is willing to pull the trigger and take a life he must be prepared to lose his life!

Bye, Bye, Bad Guy...

This trooper's life was at stake, and when this 'scumbag' grabbed the weapon, yet alone used it, he signed his own death warrant.
    Sue, sue, sue...everybody is going to sue...(hey, great lyrics for a liberal song...)
    This cop won't have to worry about anything. His department should back him up, and the video makes it very clear what DID happen. It WAS JUSTIFIED!

Officer, great work...
    Thanks for cleaning up our streets...one more gone with only a few million more to go...
    Thanks for saving the taxpayers the cost of trials and 'room & board'...

OMO...other opinions may vary...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Raysheen, thanks for the login!

That officer showed way too much restraint before using deadly force if you ask me. Definitely justified.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    As the father said, the son didn't have to die, but he chose that end when he tried to kill the trooper.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

It is ashame people have to die, however the sensible thing to do would have been to just cooperate.

If you pull a gun out in a fight, you have to face the consequences, and ultimately it could mean YOUR life!

It seemed justified to me. Now we all know that his family will sue and not win...BUT there will probably be a big settlement. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Administrator
    Trooper Cress was 100% correct.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JJMAC, how is it not justified? Simple, the family of the dead guy doesn't think so.

I think you will find that in many cases, the arguments for the deceased are overwhelmingly positive. He was a good kid. He was a good father. He was yaddy yaddy yaddy.

The argument for why the event didn't have to happen are overwhelming...
    Why didn't cops use a dog?
    Why didn't they use a stun gun?
    Why didn't they use a taser?
    Why didn't they back off?
    Why did they kill him when they didn't have to kill him?

It is never the fault of the bad guy. I don't know why that is, but when it comes to family, friends, and loved ones, the cops are almost always determined to be evil thugs, even when they do what is right and justified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links