True story, happened to me. Some people just do some dumb things.

This is a discussion on True story, happened to me. Some people just do some dumb things. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So tonight I was moving a few things to the new apartment. It is a very badly lit street, and further up the road from ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: True story, happened to me. Some people just do some dumb things.

True story, happened to me. Some people just do some dumb things.

So tonight I was moving a few things to the new apartment. It is a very badly lit street, and further up the road from my about two blocks or so is a well known dumpy (crime ridden) apartment complex. So by badly lit street I mean there is 1 street light down the road about a block that works. Other then that it is completely pitch black.

So I'm walking back out to my car at about 9:00 pm and from behind me someone yells Hey very loudly and angrily. I instinctually spin around and put my hand on the grip of my gp100 as I star into the darkness trying to make out the image of this stocky shadow. This person was about 10 or 15 feet from me and I still get not see anything but a dark outline. Unsure of who they were or to what extent of a threat they were I replied who the heck are you (as I begin to back step to draw them into a dimly lit parking lot, in which is a corner I can use for cover).

She (yes she lol) quickly says oh sorry about that I thought you were someone else. It appears this is a friend (lesbian, explains the voice, no offence I'm supportive of the gay community so don't get bent out of shape) of the lesbian neighbors I have. Apparently from behind I look like another neighbor that hangs out with them. It was all good after that, I introduced myself and we went on our marry way. I hope that is the last dark shadowy surprise I get in the middle of the night outside my new place. And my girlfriend would surely not enjoy such an encounter.
    tony1990 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like you did fine to me!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

No harm no foul. Did fine.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

So basically nothing happened? Good night in my book.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    So tonight I was moving a few things to the new apartment. It is a very badly lit street, and further up the road from my about two blocks or so is a well known dumpy (crime ridden) apartment complex. So by badly lit street I mean there is 1 street light down the road about a block that works. Other then that it is completely pitch black.

So I'm walking back out to my car at about 9:00 pm and from behind me someone yells Hey very loudly and angrily. I instinctually spin around and put my hand on the grip of my gp100 as I star into the darkness trying to make out the image of this stocky shadow. This person was about 10 or 15 feet from me and I still get not see anything but a dark outline. Unsure of who they were or to what extent of a threat they were I replied who the f*** are you (as I begin to back step to draw them into a dimly lit parking lot, in which is a corner I can use for cover).

She (yes she lol) quickly says oh sorry about that I thought you were someone else. It appears this is a friend (lesbian, explains the voice, no offence I'm supportive of the gay community so don't get bent out of shape) of the lesbian neighbors I have. Apparently from behind I look like another neighbor that hangs out with them. It was all good after that, I introduced myself and we went on our marry way. I hope that is the last dark shadowy surprise I get in the middle of the night outside my new place. And my girlfriend would surely not enjoy such an encounter.
    I never would have heard it.
    WHEC724, msgt/ret, mprp and 2 others like this.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

You got my vote.

You should contact your city muckety muck mucks and request a new street light. Recruit the neighbors on your side of the DMZ. Any deals to be had on 3rd generation NVGs your way??
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member

So I'm walking back out to my car at about 9:00 pm and from behind me someone yells Hey very loudly and angrily. I instinctually spin around and put my hand on the grip of my gp100 as I star into the darkness trying to make out the image of this stocky shadow. This person was about 10 or 15 feet from me and I still get not see anything but a dark outline. Unsure of who they were or to what extent of a threat they were I replied who the f*** are you (as I begin to back step to draw them into a dimly lit parking lot, in which is a corner I can use for cover).

So basically nothing happened other than you were mistaken for a lesbian? :)
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

That's perty comical Old Dog!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

lol mistaken for a male neighbor :) Although that could have just been a cover up story on her part so maybe I was mistaken for a lesbian.
    Taurahe likes this.

VIP Member
    Never had it happen to me. Street lights are good in LA. But I suggest working on those glutes.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

This is why I always carry a Stream-light protac 2L. 5 inches, 6.5 oz, and it would have lit that woman up like the sun. I highly recommend you look in to getting something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    This is why I always carry a Stream-light protac 2L. 5 inches, 6.5 oz, and it would have lit that woman up like the sun. I highly recommend you look in to getting something similar.
    I have never been much of a flashlight person, this may have changed that lol.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    It was all good after that, I introduced myself and we went on our marry way. I hope that is the last dark shadowy surprise I get in the middle of the night outside my new place. And my girlfriend would surely not enjoy such an encounter.
    I am going to play Mr. pedantic language person here. You went on your "merry" way. As in happy or gay. If you were to go on your "marry" way with the aforementioned lesbian, your girlfriend might get upset, and everyone would be confused, and it might violate your state's law. Just tryin' to help.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I don't point out people's grammatic or spelling errors unless either they are trying to show intellectual superiority, or it is funny. This would be the latter. I make plenty of errors myself. And back on topic, i will be carrying concealed at an annual motorcycle campout next weekend hosted by a "women's motorcycle club". Nice broads, we have a lot in common, such as being rough and tough, enjoying motorcycles, and women.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

lol indeed that is comical. I admit I am no English major. You'll likely find plenty of similar opportunities in many of my posts.
    oldnfat likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links