Georgia detective allegedly pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru Read more: http://www

Georgia detective allegedly pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru Read more: http://www

This is a discussion on Georgia detective allegedly pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru Read more: http://www within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Georgia detective allegedly pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru | Fox News The police officer allegedly pointed a gun at a man during an argument on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Georgia detective allegedly pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru Read more: http://www

VIP Member

Georgia detective allegedly pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru | Fox News

The police officer allegedly pointed a gun at a man during an argument on April 9. The man's friend says he "saw [the officer's] badge under his shirt."

I'm posting this here because this is a nightmare of a scenario. Suppose you saw something like this and the officer was actually trying to arrest the people in the car. This story is a perfect example of why we need to be good witnesses and call 911 unless we know for sure what is happening.

A second scenario: suppose they hadn't seen the badge and shot the officer because they were in fear for their lives. Would they be justified under the law for defending themselves? Even if they did see his badge, how would they know that the man was a legitimate police officer unless he identified himself?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Pretty scary. Sounds like a no win situation for the person on the wrong end of the gun.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Bye bye Barney Fife!

Just a side note. When some idiot is caught on camera doing something wrong, we should drop the adverb "allegedly" from the statement and just say it like it is, a fact.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

If the officer was arresting someone he would being yelling commands like an officer. I would not dream of getting involved.

As to your second scenario. The cop was acting like a thug, if you are going to act like a thug, then I will treat you like a thug....
    andrewcdub, Spec and Bad Bob like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

This shows that there are a few law enforcement officers that should not be officers...... One just hopes they never have an encounter with these types since it can get ugly for the civilian............
    USM1976 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Just a side note. When some idiot is caught on camera doing something wrong, we should drop the adverb "allegedly" from the statement and just say it like it is, a fact.
    I agree 100%, gottabkiddin. I hate the word 'allegedly', but I'm still a firm believer in due process and innocent until proven guilty. The camera may not lie, but it sure doesn't tell the whole story. All we have right now is the news article and the man's side of the story. We really don't know all the facts.

I was just intrigued by the implications of the scenario and thought it might be a good jumping off point for discussion.
    gottabkiddin and Pistology like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

He could be legally shot in Texas. We have a provision for that even if you know they are a cop. Now the fall out would be an entirely different story.
    StripesDude likes this.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

That cop is lucky his chosen victim was one of the unarmed sheeple...might have been reading a totally different story had he drew his weapon on someone who was prepared to answer his deadly threat with a deadly response.
    GeorgiaShooter and BkCo1 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    And over McDonalds food, goodness sake. The food is not that great.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Mash told MyFoxAtlanta.com that he was waiting for his food, and he said he told Biumi that's the only reason he was still sitting in the line.
    "And he's like, 'Whatever,' and walked back to his car," Mash said. "Then I was like, 'Sorry for the inconvenience, sir,' and he got back out and started yelling at me."
    Mash said Biumi told him, "You don't want to mess with me," before putting his hand on Mash's shoulder and pulling out his gun.

Read more: Georgia detective allegedly pulls gun in McDonald's drive-thru | Fox News
    "IF" and this would be something we only know if we are there but if it happened as stated in article and I was the one sitting in the drivers seat of attacked car. I would deal with it the same as any other BG assault situation.

I'm driving off, running over his stupid a** or shooting him to the ground. He was NOT there as a LEO but as a thug. He therefore deserves to be treated as one.

I do question this part of the quote "Then I was like, 'Sorry for the inconvenience, sir,'. Just say a little on the mushy side to be real.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

LE doing their job act like LE unless they are narcs or whatever. Start to pull a gun on me with no reason and no badge showing and if im fast enough your shot or if im to slow I am. But that is the end we are going to.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Exactly my thoughts 1MoreGoodguy. He wouldn't have had a chance in hell doing that with me. I plan, prepare and train for those precise moments. Not all cops are wise or smart. How many times has he done this in the past I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    LE doing their job act like LE unless they are narcs or whatever. Start to pull a gun on me with no reason and no badge showing and if im fast enough your shot or if im to slow I am. But that is the end we are going to.
    Watch this video, it's very short. YOU ARE FAST ENOUGH. Even if he's standing there with trigger on finger your action beats his reaction. It would all depend on where you hit him. It takes me about 200 milliseconds to shoot someone standing in my car window. That was a very poorly trained cop. And Dekalb County is packed with them.

Action vs Reaction - Proxy beats Skill - Live Fire Video Demo - YouTube
    Hodad and andrewcdub like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    I do question this part of the quote "Then I was like, 'Sorry for the inconvenience, sir,'. Just say a little on the mushy side to be real.
    I can imagine him saying it very sarcastically in a confrontational tone. He's 18 so I wouldn't be surprised if he was mouthing off. Not that it excuses the officers behavior at all.

Well they certainly dont make cops like they used to. I think this officers reaction may have been the result of having a few too many. I dont know if it's the indoctrination, or the police society but it seems that far too many officers cant forget that badge. IMO this is an example of an officer over-reacting, and making a mountain of a mole hill. Then to display a firearm... thats insanity. The police it seems have become a society unto themselves. Again this is a good example of how some officers see themselves as above the law, or empowered to act outside the laws. The laws being enforceable only against non officers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links