White Board For Defensive Cover

This is a discussion on White Board For Defensive Cover within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How about this sports fans. Bulletproof whiteboards installed in Minnesota school district | Fox News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: White Board For Defensive Cover

"Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Looks to me to just protect one person. Small size so who gets it the teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Looks to me to just protect one person. Small size so who gets it the teacher?
    Not with 30 kids refusing him/her, not if the teacher has any honor. But hey, anything's possible.

Good option: sectioned "blackboards," made of this bullet-proof stuff. Take off a panel, cover 5-6 kids. Take off all panels, cover ~30. Of course, with an armed teacher in that room, it'd be fairly nicely defended, then, with both decent cover an arms of some sort. Nicer, still, if the dang doors/windows were hardened to the point they couldn't be shot out to gain entry.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Wow! The only thing missing is a target on the white board.
    This seems like a stupid idea to me.

Why can't we just have some 'armed' individuals inside the school?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Why can't we just have some 'armed' individuals inside the school?
    That's fine for the person who's armed. But while the S is H'g TF, those in the range of fire need some cover. A "safe" area in the room makes a lot of sense, if it can be quickly enabled or gotten to, whether detachable bullet-proof whiteboards or something else. When the defender is done (for better or worse), then the sheltered kids can pick the next tactic. But while bullets are at risk of flying soon, it seems a fair option.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Lead Moderator
    If I recall the idea behind this was there is one for each desk and each kid holds his/her own. Could save some lives, but can a 7 or 8 year old really hold on the the board while someone shoots it? I have my doubts.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Oh sure, little 6-8 year olds at Sandy Hook, with calm prodding from their teacher, would have all picked up their "white boards" and would have survived. Pigs also fly these days. Reminds me of the days in the 50's when the teacher would yell "take cover" and we would get under our desk with our arms over our heads--this was going to protect us from an atomic bomb--again I say--"the pigs are flying, the pigs are flying".

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I can see some use maybe if is was incorporated in every desk or table top and proper training (tip over desks and hide behind them). It would only be affective if you also had armed good guys in the school. It would be too easy to defeat if the bad guy was unchallenged which is the case we have on most schools today. In the best case they would only be a temporary defense.

Stupid, just stupid. Give them a FIGHTING chance..
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I'd love to have a piece of that stuff sized to fit the inside of my bedroom door.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I'd love to have a piece of that stuff sized to fit the inside of my bedroom door.

The Hardwire Bulletproof Peel-N-Stick Door is a whiteboard door panel that can be easily applied to any door to provide protection during a shooting salutation. NIJ Level 3A Ballistic protection. Custom cut for your door dimensions and a peel and stick installation. $1499.00 plus S&H
    Hardwire LLC

See also....
    http://www.hardwirellc.com/store/
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

You can have all the armored blackboards in the world, and this discussion still misses the point...

VIP Member
    Looking at the white board they showed, I see a lot of problems with it. If you use it to protect your body, your head is wide open target. If you protect your head, not only do you have no idea where the shooter is, but your body is a wide open target. But some company will make millions of dollars selling a feel good/do nothing product.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I suppose it's better than a bullet-proof coffee cup.

It's like they only want to dip their toe into the issue of actually providing security for these schools. They are afraid of the truth, which is the only way that you stop a person with a gun, is with a person with a gun. Otherwise law enforcement wouldn't trouble themselves with carrying firearms.
    Taurahe likes this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I suppose it's better than a bullet-proof coffee cup.

It's like they only want to dip their toe into the issue of actually providing security for these schools. They are afraid of the truth, which is the only way that you stop a person with a gun, is with a person with a gun. Otherwise law enforcement wouldn't trouble themselves with carrying firearms.
    The cup isn't bullet proof to protect you, silly.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links