Moron Spat at Me - Page 4

Moron Spat at Me

This is a discussion on Moron Spat at Me within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Totally off topic here, but I have an OLD kirby, that I bought at a yard sale years ago, that works great. The only two ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Totally off topic here, but I have an OLD kirby, that I bought at a yard sale years ago, that works great. The only two complaints I have with it, is that it weighs a ton, and if you don't have it set high enough, it will lift the carpet off the floor and make it hard to push.

They must have made a decent product at one time, or else I got really lucky.

Back on topic, I had to threaten to call the police on one of those guys that comes around here selling magazines a couple years back. I hate high pressure sales tactics, I guess I got it honest though, I remember being about 9 years old, and witnessing my dad physically thtrow the primax window guy out the front door. To this day, mom says they have never been back.

VIP Member
    Apparently lighting a fire under the buns of Kirby corporate is working.

I would like to apologize for the incident that took place. We do not condone that sort of behavior from the people associated with our company and are doing everything in our power to track down the individual(s) responsible. The people that you make mention of are Independent Contractors and not employees of the Kirby company. However, that does not lessen our concern regarding the incident, nor does it make us any less determined to deal with this in an appropiate manner. If and when we are able to determine the person(s) responsible, their contracts with our company will be terminated.

I would like to assure you that we have taken necessary steps to prevent this or any other uncomfortable occurences from happening again. All persons associated with our company have been instructed that they must remain inside the office. There is to be no more loitering in front of the building for any reason. In the event that somebody wishes to smoke they have been advised to do so around the rear of the office. Our office staff has been advised to "police" the front area, and in the event that a group has gathered, have been advised to get me.

Again we apologize for your discomfort and will do everything in our power to avoid any such occurences in the future.

Sincerely,
    James Dorris
    General Manager
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Nice, responsive letter.....let us know if this created the desired effect. It sure sounds promising.

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds what I would hope to hear Betty - and also hope that the described action will be taken, and not forgotten over time.

If that is followed thru then it's to be hoped the lot outside will be as it should be, free from hassles and punks!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I received the same mail Betty. Let us know if things actually improve.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Interesting. <warning: long and tangential analysis follows>

Under normal circumstances a business owner would be very concerned about the image of their own business in the community, projected mainly by their personel who deal directly with clients. Such an image is directly proportional to the success of that business. Especially a business that survives on sales.

Owners who do not care about the success of their own business obviously don't need for their business to be successful. This could only be the case in the event that such owner didn't need the financial support of that visible business.

Is the independent franchise owner being at all responsive to complaints, I wonder? If so, are the employee (feral idiots) responding to upper management as if they need their jobs?

Just a thought.

Yeah, the more attention these individuals get from LE, the more shy they'll become, I'd wager. Too many "Tony Montanna" wannabes.

I wouldn't open carry either. Too provocative.

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Apparently lighting a fire under the buns of Kirby corporate is working.
    Time to go from yellow to dark yellow. Watch out for retaliation. With the "type" of individuals that you described, you need to be aware of the old jail house attitutde towards "snitches."

We all know that you did the right thing, but this "gangster" culture that is so prevalent these days, live by a whole different set of rules.

Watch out for yourself and understand that every time you "get geared up" in the morning, remind yourself......."today may be the day that I have to use this to save my life."
    Last edited by Sweatnbullets; November 15th, 2006 at 11:30 PM.

Does this mean that Betty shouldn't shoot them, then?

We all know that you did the right thing, but this "gangster" culture that is so prevelent [sic] these days, live by a whole different set of rules.
    Does this mean that Betty shouldn't shoot them, then?
    As we all know, a "gangster" action (an attack) justifies a suitable refusal on the part of the attacked, as highly-resistant as it needs to be.

Ditto on the likely result being one or more of these "toughs" may decide to lash out, physically, as they'll know full well who ratted them out. The little gremlins will likely take it as such (being "ratted" out). Screw 'em. They now have an opportunity to live their lives, else to head down the rockier road. They have this opportunity to toe the line and be civil ... else they risk a civilian's refusal to be attacked. May they get wise, pronto.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

This is a prime example of why I like mutual combat laws, like I have heard they have in Alaska. What these punks really need is a good old fashined a** whuppin. Too bad is mostly illegal to hand one out these days.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

I hope, Betty, that the other women in your office travel in groups...and none of them get caught up by this filth alone.

Betty, you are a better person than me. Congrats on keeping your cool. I'm glad the corporation is doing something. As several other members already mentioned, beware retaliation from the "punks". I wouldn't put it past them. From what I know of you (in the short time I've known you) you are not the type to not be aware of your surrounds, or prepared. I hope the other ladies in your office are as prepared as you (or that you've educated them).

Stay vigilant and stay safe.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

smo
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, but reading this makes me mad. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck, and let you know that I too have filed a letter of complaint with Kirby corporate!

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Senior Moderator
    Any progress with this, Betty?

Any of these losers singing soprano yet?

Chalk outlines on the sidewalk, crime scene tape up?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links