Moron Spat at Me

Moron Spat at Me

This is a discussion on Moron Spat at Me within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, this tested my patience. You never know what kind of moronic crap you're going to face during your day. I think I handled it ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Moron Spat at Me

VIP Member

Angry Moron Spat at Me

Well, this tested my patience. You never know what kind of moronic crap you're going to face during your day. I think I handled it well, but what's going on here is slowly escalating.

At my p/t job, we're all getting really sick and tired of the Kirby vaccum people that are two doors down from us.

It's like having da hood right next door.

They've done a lot of things, from parking everywhere they please (double-parking, parking on the sidewalk, etc), tossing garbage all over the place, taking over our private dumpsters, and collecting in large numbers outside, talking smack loudly like they're in high school. Black and white, it's not a color thing. They're all emulating thug-like behavior while dressed in suits.

I have to walk past them to get to our office. So I get to put up with the "hey, babys" the "whoop whoops" and the mean faces and huffs and puffs because I ignore them.

They know our office doesn't like their behavior and know we've called management on them several times because of the things they've done. And in turn, they don't like us and they let us know it.

Today I walked by them to get my lunch at the Gyro place that's several doors down. There's a group of them standing there, looking proper in suits and ties, and they're acting like feral juveniles again. They're in their twenties to maybe even early thirties.

I ignore them like usual, while trying to stay aware. They see me walk by, don't like the fact tham I'm not thinking they're hot stuff, so they loudly make fun of me while I go by. "Yeah, you walk on quickly now, etc." They're mad because they think we think we're better than them.

And then I hear a very loud HOCK-SPLAT in my direction, and they laugh a very taunting laugh.

%$#@%$#@.

I calmly walk by like nothing ever happened. But there's a reason I carry my purse crossbody so I can keep both hands free.

After I got my lunch and started to walk by again, they filed back inside their offices. One sneered at me. I told my co-workers, and my boss called management. Management apparently isn't able to set in motion an eviction yet, but she's collecting all their offenses.

welder516 likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Moderator
    Unbelievable!

I have no printable words for this.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Lead Moderator
    I admire your restraint.

Wish I had a good suggestion for rapidly getting them out of the neighborhood for you.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Some folks are going to be the part of the horse under the tail no matter what.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member
    Well, I'm feeling right now. At least I didn't get a glob of spit running down my hair. If I did, I would've called the police. You may spit in my general direction, but it better not land on me.

I don't know how well I'd keep my cool if somebody did manage to land a spit on me.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Scum is scum regardless of the era or what they wear, reminds me of 1969 when I returned to U.S. in my Dress Uniform and had to wipe the spittle off. Nothing one can do but ignore the cretins. At least they wern't throwing food at you as well. It is a shame such people exist.

VIP Member
    Maybe it's time for an open carry day when you go to lunch. I bet the sight of a woman ARMED will change their attitude real quick.

Is open carry an option?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

In this day and age of disease. Isn't spitting at someone some sort of assault? If you spit on a cop you get some sort of "special trartment". I'd look into it. That and mistaking your OC for hair spray as you walk by might help.
    -Biker

Don't wait any longer for managment or the landlord. Call the police and insist on lodging a complaint for harrasment. You want to have something in writing. It is never to early to get the papertrail going.

Look at it this way, if this were to develop into REAL trouble where you might have to draw on the dirtbags you want to make certain their is plenty of documentation regarding the threatenning behaviour.

...we've called management on them several times because of the things they've done.
    Are you talking about the building's management or the Kirby management?
    (here's their "Customer Relations" page http://www.kirby.com/relations.shtml )

Or, go over the Kirby company to the Scott Fetzer Company (their parent company ... owned by Warren Buffet of all people).

OR, contact a local TV station that does one of those "On Your Side" type bits ... get some angry feminist hag of a reporter out there shoving a camera in their faces for harrassing women on the street. :D

+1 act like you were a customer that should get there attention

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
    Are you talking about the building's management or the Kirby management?
    (here's their "Customer Relations" page http://www.kirby.com/relations.shtml )

Or, go over the Kirby company to the Scott Fetzer Company (their parent company ... owned by Warren Buffet of all people).

OR, contact a local TV station that does one of those "On Your Side" type bits ... get some angry feminist hag of a reporter out there shoving a camera in their faces for harrassing women on the street. :D

Assistant Administrator
    In my book all that crap Betty is harrassment - no doubt. As to what ''level'' would be down I guess to interpretation.

I am ever disgusted that we (collective ''we'') have to suffer such garbage and it can occur about anywhere. My distain and contempt for them knows no bounds.

Your restraint is admirable but of course you are between a rock and a hard place anyways - you get enough harrassment to really yank your chain and yet - not an attack per se.

The spitting is unforgiveable and I wonder if, as seems apparent - they are upping the ante all the time, ever more determined to see you react. Do you have to go past them always alone, or could you work things to have someone else with you?

I recall a similar situation back in later 90's when the place I worked at was actually next door to a vacuum sales company. The punks who worked there all had the mandatory cheap black suits and white shirts but still looked a mess, and they behaved like mid teen punks even tho usually mid 20's or older.

My sympathies but do document every darned aspect - both general and personal that they come up with.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Disorderly conduct complaint , and with your heritage I also daresay hate crimes overtones . Call in a complaint on them , get it on record before it escilates .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    It's the building management company we've complained to. And we just moved our offices from one end to the other into a bigger, customized space. And then the Kirby guys moved in, and things have been going downhill. As in, I wonder who's going to get a flat tire first.

From what I found out after I told my co-workers, several other ladies have been taunted as well.

If I file a harrassment or disorderly conduct complaint, can it be against Kirby (it's always a group of them and always seems to be different people every time), or do I have to do it against the individual? Since my back was turned, I don't know who did the spitting.

goawayfarm,
    The TN permit does not specify that the handgun must be concealed. So technically, I could, but I'd rather not. They've already spat at me behind my back, I'm not blowing cover on my defenses.

Thanks Zundfolge for the links. I think I'm going to call or email a complaint to them.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I believe Betty you should just request an officer , and advise that you want to file a complaint , have any other folks who have been harassed available to the officer(s) . Disorderly would be against a specific person , but ... Most municipality's have something on the order of " Running a public nuisance " statute that would be applicable to the business . The thing is to get the cops there , and be on record when , not if , when this escalates to using pepper spray or more .

edited to add:
    The *other* option is have a " See Betty Work Day " where some of the area forum members come and hang out in the parking lot for the day to visit you at work LOL .

Imho easily as effective , and most likely the store would move on thier own shortly afterwards LOL .
    Last edited by Redneck Repairs; November 14th, 2006 at 02:32 PM. Reason: another thought lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links