Bloody intruder dies after being shot by New Orleans homeowner

This is a discussion on Bloody intruder dies after being shot by New Orleans homeowner within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did anyone else read this? I have run a lot of scenarios through my mind but never even gave thought to the possibility of someone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Bloody intruder dies after being shot by New Orleans homeowner

Did anyone else read this? I have run a lot of scenarios through my mind but never even gave thought to the possibility of someone showing up who is already bloody. Just goes to show you have to keep your mind open to all possible scenarios..

Bloody intruder dies after being shot by New Orleans homeowner | NOLA.com
    "Life isn't fair but having the root password helps!"

Glock 27 Gen 4

VIP Member
    New Orleans police say the homeowner, fearing for his life and for others inside his home, shot an unidentified bloody man who entered his home, in the 1500 block of North Broad Street, and began fighting with residents inside, on Sunday about 2:15 p.m.
    If someone who is already bloody breaks into my house and tries to fight with me I will assume they are not collecting for any charity and will deal with them accordingly.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    New Orleans police say the homeowner, fearing for his life and for others inside his home, shot an unidentified bloody man who entered his home, in the 1500 block of North Broad Street, and began fighting with residents inside ...

The officers lost sight of the man, and when they reached the 1500 block of North Broad, they heard a gunshot, according to Flot. A homeowner, who was inside his house, ran out and told police he had shot a man... who had forced his way into the home.
    Sounds pretty simple. Given that he'd been behaving erratically and police witnessed this just moments before the violent entry and attacks began, it's hard to see how the resident would ever be charged with a thing.

Don't want to get shot? Then, don't violently enter a home and begin attacking the residents.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    If an already bloody man were to force his way into my home on a Sunday afternoon I would probably assume that one of my neighbors had started the job that I was about to finish.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It seems pretty simple. In this case, don't do stupid things in someone else's places.
    Blue Thunder likes this.
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

NOLA resident 1, BG 0

How's the saying go? Don't do stupid things, Don't go stup.....well, you get it.

Distinguished Member
    ...like the sign says, "survivors will be shot again"!
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

I'll be looking for my Zombie ammo
    Yoda and Alex_C like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It seems pretty simple. In this case, don't do stupid things in someone else's places.
    Well LR, I think this falls under the rule, "Don't do stupid stuff with stupid people in stupid places". BTW LR, I approve of your new avatar. It reminds me of the old adage... when in doubt use High Explosives to rid the world of those pesky problems that mere gunfire won't solve. HUA
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Bloody or not, anyone who breaks into my home will face my full defensive response.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    "The officers lost sight of the man, and when they reached the 1500 block of North Broad, they heard a gunshot, according to Flot. A homeowner, who was inside his house, ran out and told police he had shot a man who had forced his way into the home."

And this is how it should be.

Case & Point!!!! It cant get any clearer than that. Besides Government tyranny, this is why the 2nd Amendment exists.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

In this case, the "bloody" part is mostly irrelevant. Even if the guy had not been bloody, he burst into a stranger's house, began fighting with folks inside (I live about 15 miles outside New Orleans and wondered what the heck was goin' on with this dude when I heard the reoprt on TV news) and was acting crazy from the get-go. I guess I'd ask "who wouldn't have handled it like this?"
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    In this case, the "bloody" part is mostly irrelevant. Even if the guy had not been bloody, he burst into a stranger's house, began fighting with folks inside (I live about 15 miles outside New Orleans and wondered what the heck was goin' on with this dude when I heard the reoprt on TV news) and was acting crazy from the get-go. I guess I'd ask "who wouldn't have handled it like this?"
    The outcome was pretty much like it should have been by someone breaking into a home with violent tendencies toward the occupants so don't get me wrong here. But the only thing I can think of is the possibility of someone pulling the trigger on someone who may have just needed help. Now I wasn't there so I know that we could what if this thing to death, but I guess what I'm trying to say here is that a bloody, unarmed person may get about 2 extra seconds from me in order to explain himself before dire defensive steps are taken. Unless of course, the fighting started right away.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

If only the homeowner would've put 2 holes in his ceiling with a double barrel shotgun, the bloody man could've retreated in fear without being killed.

Isn't that supposed to work???
    archer51, USM1976 and msgt/ret like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links