Pizza Parlor Fight - Page 3

Pizza Parlor Fight

This is a discussion on Pizza Parlor Fight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JJMAC I would have told gorrilla to shut his bi%ch up. I would have then woken up in the hospital. LOL...that's probably ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMAC View Post
    I would have told gorrilla to shut his bi%ch up. I would have then woken up in the hospital.
    LOL...that's probably the most honest opinion in this thread yet! Very good!

As for the scenario, I'm willing to bet that this is the type of place that you go to after the bars, which means that if we had been in the situation, 95% of us would have been unarmed. I know, "I don't drink anymore, I wouldn't be in that positions..." but it is a theoretical discussion.

It's actually a lot more interesting to talk about what you would do if you were a bystander anyway. I know I wouldn't draw in that situation to stop a beat down. I would look to get out and find cover/conceal. But here's a question:

What if Gorilla Man continued to beat the guy into a pulp, to a point that it looked like he was going to kill him? If this turned into something more than a simple beat down, with Gorilla Man and Star stomping repeatedly on his head, would you do anything then?

In that situation, I might shoot the guy (and I would be justified if I truly feared the guy's life was in danger). Not sure. I do know that it would be hard for me, at least, to live with the idea that I watched a man be killed while I did nothing.

Senior Moderator
    It looked to me like after the beating the assailant took the victim's cell phone, turning the encounter into a robbery.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

When she gets in his face: move to a far corner of the resteraunt and fish out the phone.

When she hits him: call 911 and ready the 1911.

When he hits him(cell guy): update 911, OC all three of them. While I think cell guy didn't start or escalate I dont want him coming after me either. For all I know thats a 3 way domestic disturbance and I want none of it. I'll also be getting behind the counter at this point, and making my retreat for the back.

If they corner me then its time for the 1911. Hopefully the OC will work, hopefully they wont take after me. And hopefully there is a working fire door in the back of that place.

If they ignore the OC and keep beating the guy while he is on the floor, I might shoot then. But I'd be planning to shoot both him and her. Not sure if I'd warn them first, of just take the shot. Sure as heck I'm doing that from behind the counter though, and if 2+1 doesnt turn them off, I'm running.

I'm not going to stand there and let that guy get killed, but I'd rather not have to shoot any one either.

AE

Administrator
    OC is going to work on you, and everyone else in the store. Use OC in this situation and you just caused more chaos, and assaulted how many people?
    "Just blame Sixto"

There is no question that once the guy is on the floor and they keep kicking him, that is deadly force. Even a light kick in the head can break your neck. And, as someone mentined earlier, if a 400lb thug swings a roundhouse in your face, it might be just as bad. This stuff in movies where people get kicked in the head and take several kidney punches and keep fighting is fantasy. That stuff is deadly. If the victim gets lucky and lives they coud easily be paralyzed or otherwise maimed for life.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by JJMAC View Post
    I would have told gorrilla to shut his bi%ch up. I would have then woken up in the hospital.
    That's funny right there.

Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    What if Gorilla Man continued to beat the guy into a pulp, to a point that it looked like he was going to kill him? If this turned into something more than a simple beat down, with Gorilla Man and Star stomping repeatedly on his head, would you do anything then?
    As a bystander? Seeing the beating that Gorilla was dishing out to Cellphone would have easily caused me fear for Cellphone's life... clear shot, about 5 COM (I don't think 2 would have necessarily stopped that big banana eating King Kong looking homie).

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OC is going to work on you, and everyone else in the store. Use OC in this situation and you just caused more chaos, and assaulted how many people?
    It is unpleasant, but unless sprayed directly in the bystanders' faces, considering the beating aggravated assault that was being committed, it wouldn't be considered assault in most jurisdictions that I know of. I carry Freeze+P and have NEVER had a failure to stop out of many times used. It may haven taken half a can in some cases, but they do eventually stop what they are doing.
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Administrator
    Your right, but imagine the testimony if you had oc'd before you hit the ground... It would be a whole different story
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    In Ky it also states "anywhere you have the right to be as long as you are not involved in illegal activity".. this does not only apply to your home or car, but could be Walmart parking lot, a dark alley or even a pizza parlor.
    It also says "The use of deadly phyisical force by a defendant upon another person is justifiable when: The defendant believes that such force is nesessary to protect a third person againt imminent death, physical injury, kidnapping or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat."
    This is the Castle Doctrine the Bradey Bunch gave Ky the "F" grade for passing.. I'm so proud to live here..
    Now i would'nt have used deadly force on Mr Gorrila , but had Mr cell phone been a female, we'd be talking a whole new story.

VIP Member
    This could also be a place firearms arent allowed. Hard to tell , but in Ky we have the 51% alcohol deal..

This thread has been untouched for a while, but it the video was just shown on court TV, and its a good thing to think about. It happened in Ohio, meaning that if they sell any alcohol for consumption, CHL's can't carry.

Bluto got 4 years for felony assault, it was origionally gonna be charged as just a misdemeanor.
    The woman got two years probation.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

After seeing that segment on Video Justice lastnight I knew I would see something on here about it.

I thought the same thing a lot of you did. It is a horrible situation to be in as a bystander who is armed. No real to extricate yourself safely from the situation, no way to defend yourself really except to shoot the goon and no way to shoot the goon while not risking hitting a bystander. That is a real bad situation to be in.

This is one of the reasons I say, never get in the middle of a crowd. That guy was in the middle of a small crowd. And honestly, he was being pretty passive-aggressive by speaking about the woman who cut in line loudly enough so that she would be sure to overhear him. He just didn't expect her to have a giant goon with her in the car.

It was a savage beating and I am sure that if I had been there, I would now have been able to just stand there doing nothing.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links