Pit bulls kill jogger :(

This is a discussion on Pit bulls kill jogger :( within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Resident says, "It's really scary. I don't know what to think. I really think I'm going to be getting a gun to protect myself." California ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Pit bulls kill jogger :(

Angry Pit bulls kill jogger :(

Resident says, "It's really scary. I don't know what to think. I really think I'm going to be getting a gun to protect myself."

California authorities use helicopter in search for 4 pit bulls suspected of killing jogger | Fox News

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Sad. Bad owners having dogs they can't control.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Trying to shoot a fast moving animal that is attacking you, whether it be a dog or something else (i.e. wild hog), is probably going to be pretty difficult.

If you are lucky the sudden, loud noise of the discharge may do the trick.
    USM1976 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    Resident says, "It's really scary. I don't know what to think. I really think I'm going to be getting a gun to protect myself."

California authorities use helicopter in search for 4 pit bulls suspected of killing jogger | Fox News
    That's all fine and dandy, as long as they spend the time and money to learn the gun and practice with it. If they think that just buying a gun and carrying it, without practice is going to save them, they have a big (and unpleasant) surprise awaiting them.
    USM1976 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Send this to Feinstein and ask where were the police that were supposed to be protecting the citizenry!
    goldmaster likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post

Here is a target you can practice with! Law Enforcement Targets, Inc.: URBAN STREET VIOLENCE - PHOTO REALISTIC TARGET

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Pit bulls...what wonderful pets they are. They're really sweet.
    perfection and Thunder71 like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    That's all fine and dandy, as long as they spend the time and money to learn the gun and practice with it. If they think that just buying a gun and carrying it, without practice is going to save them, they have a big (and unpleasant) surprise awaiting them.
    I agree that these folks who are just buying a firearm and thinking that they are going to draw a firearm (probably from a waist pack) and stop/kill attacking Pit Bulls in mid-charge and then continue jogging unscathed...are somewhat delusional BUT, they certainly may be able to shoot dogs off of them Point Blank that have already made bite contact...since even Pit Bulls do not inflict one bite instant kills on human adults.

I think that even if I was completely untrained and in the process of being mauled/attacked and possibly killed by multiple vicious animals I would rather have a gun than not have one.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Pit bulls...what wonderful pets they are. They're really sweet.
    They really are if you train them right. This is a sad story of neglect and irresponsible owners. Heres my big guy hanging out with my niece

Sad. I love pit bulls and this isn't going to help their image.
    packinnova likes this.

Here's another misunderstood fun family pet...

alligator_baby.jpg
    saa, RETSUPT99, Fisher10 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Here's another misunderstood fun family pet...

alligator_baby.jpg
    Look at how unhappy that kid is about getting her photo taken.
    perfection and BushidoMarine like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Here in Florida it is 'Cool' to have a Pit bull. It's an image thing. Tough guys that are manly men strut around with their shirts off, tattoos and their pit bull.

There are many pit bulls in my neighborhood and the only dog problems and fights and bites have been by these monsters. I've lived here for a little over a year and have had at least a half dozen serious situations occur ALL were Pit Bulls attacking either people or other peoples dogs. No other breed has caused any trouble.
    carracer likes this.

I would be on the lookout for ALL pit bulls, not just the tan ones.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    They really are if you train them right. This is a sad story of neglect and irresponsible owners. Heres my big guy hanging out with my niece

Sorry but I have a different opinion! Your dog is in the front yard and off a leash! My neighbor's pit bull was the same until it attacked me on my way to the mail boxes, lucky for it I was unarmed! It also came into our yard and attacked our pool service person! But as the Owner said to animal control it was a great pet!

You allow them to run free, off a leash then they're fair game! I'm now carrying when doing yard work!

Just My Not So Humble Opinion!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links