So,seven rounds is enough,huh?

This is a discussion on So,seven rounds is enough,huh? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know,many watches Colion.I had missed this one.Some,may have seen it.It was from back in Jan.I can't say what i want,about these,sorry,anti lawmakers.Hopefully,it's in the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: So,seven rounds is enough,huh?

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

So,seven rounds is enough,huh?

I know,many watches Colion.I had missed this one.Some,may have seen it.It was from back in Jan.I can't say what i want,about these,sorry,anti lawmakers.Hopefully,it's in the right place.

MRCOLIONNOIR: President Obamas Executive Order Signing Speech - YouTube
    Kennydale likes this.

2. Remove Ads

He has great "call um as he sees it" videos.........

Which is better.....

To not have enough ammunition when needed or;

To have ammunition left over after you needed it........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

That's the reason why I have 33 rounds ready in my G19 EDC setup. Better to be the guy with enough bullets in any firefight.

MCN has a great talent for getting to the heart of the matter.
    palmgopher and NONAME762 like this.

I have seen a lot of Colion Noir's videos over the last 1 1/2 yrs. He's good at getting the point across, so everyone "gets it" , and some of them are funny as well.

Good points.... if only the right people listen, maybe they'ld "get it" . Share.
    Last edited by Eagleks; May 14th, 2013 at 02:50 AM.
    palmgopher and SmokinFool like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I will preface my statement with this: I 100% believe in the 2A and do not believe our government has any right to limit me in any way.

That said, do you really need 33 rounds? I am not asking this from the perspective of "I want to make a law to keep you from doing so", but rather, "that is a lot of extra crap to have to carry around with you. And, as a citizen, you are responsible for were each of those 33 rounds lands. Seems like I feel 100% covered with my 1911 and 8 rounds or my XDs and 6 rounds. I carry a spare mag with each, but only for failures etc.

Statistics show most gunfights last 3 rounds and 3 seconds, they are not prolonged battles like you see in Die Hard. And if you ever watch shootings on youtube, 100% of the time when the guns go off, the bad guys scatter like scared cats.

I dunno, I struggle with "how much ammo is enough" and these are just some random thoughts.
    Oldpsufan and tdave like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I will preface my statement with this: I 100% believe in the 2A and do not believe our government has any right to limit me in any way.

That said, do you really need 33 rounds? I am not asking this from the perspective of "I want to make a law to keep you from doing so", but rather, "that is a lot of extra crap to have to carry around with you. And, as a citizen, you are responsible for were each of those 33 rounds lands. Seems like I feel 100% covered with my 1911 and 8 rounds or my XDs and 6 rounds. I carry a spare mag with each, but only for failures etc.

Statistics show most gunfights last 3 rounds and 3 seconds, they are not prolonged battles like you see in Die Hard. And if you ever watch shootings on youtube, 100% of the time when the guns go off, the bad guys scatter like scared cats.

I dunno, I struggle with "how much ammo is enough" and these are just some random thoughts.
    Smolck please do not take this the wrong way...Why does he have to justify a need? If he wants 33 rounds, then he wants 33 rounds. We must also be careful not to fall into the stats mantra, IMO that can be a dangerous way of thinking as it pertains to self defense....
    DetChris, rutcrazed and 40Bob like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I like having one to two spare mags on me.

If you're in a situation where you need 33 rounds, most likely you're not going to survive that situation you got yourself in to. With that said, I would love to get my hands on a 33 round magazine if I could find some for a good price. Better to have and not need than need and not have...
    Secret Spuk likes this.

One G19 with 15+1 and a 17 round mag in a holster isn't much crap at all. I run around with that getup all day in shorts and t shirts. And I carry one knife for backup. That's it. Far from mall ninjadom. It conceals well too.

Why so many rounds? Why not? I don't intend to the the guy in a gunfight that runs outta ammo. Do you?

7 rounds...thats NY;s deal now. Its weird not having a full magazine? Like Im forgetting something.

you can fill to 10 rounds at home and at range but when I practice at HOME I still only do 7. See we in NY have another neat thing and that is 500 to any narc that calls in someone with an illegal gun or some crap like that.

Im no illegal but still dont need the hassle.

I didnt see he was trying to do that for everyone. man.....7 isnt even a good number.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar

I get what you're saying, and I agree.

I believe we should (and do) have the right to carry a firearm with as many rounds as we feel necessary to take care of the job, and the government telling us otherwise is an infringement on that right; each individual should decide what that number is for themselves, not the government. But, from a practical standpoint, you are right in that most people won't ever need to use their firearm in a defensive situation, and of those that do, they won't need 33 rounds or anywhere near that. If you do, you're probably in a situation where you our severely outmanned and outgunned, and 33 probably won't even be enough at that point.

So, what do most people realistically need? Probably one extra magazine in case of failure, but they probably won't even need that if everything functions as expected in your typical, statistical defensive situation.

I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets, and an extra magazine sometimes isn't "doable", depending on the pants I've got on that day. I don't always want to wear an external mag pouch, either, for various reasons. On those days, I'm just trusting that the 7+1 or 8+1 in my gun will be enough if I have to use it, and I'm OK with that, since it's unlikely that I'll need it in the first place. If I've got cargo shorts or pants on, I'll most certainly bring an extra magazine with me. If I've got the space, why not? But I don't carry more than one. If I need more than one, then clearly I've put myself or been put in a situation that is out of my hands, and only the good Lord can help me or take me home at that point.

Each of us need to evaluate our own situations and determine what we deem acceptable for EDC. Are 2 or 3 extra mags going to make us feel better or are we OK with 1 or none? I firmly believe that is up to the individual to decide and take responsibility for if any rounds are needed.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

VIP Member

I carry a spare mag for whatever gun I am carrying that day. If it is my P-01 I have 29 rounds (14+1+14). If I'm carrying my P-07 I have 33 rounds (16+1+16). If I'm carrying my CW45 it's 13 rounds (6+1+6). How many rounds I ahve available should be MY decision, not some idiot in Washington or a state capitol.
    varob likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Need is a relative thing. If I still lived and worked in Chicago I would like to carry a cz duty P 09 with 19 + 1 with a extra mag. The chances of running into a bg or bgs is much greater. Now I live in Florida in a nice area so I feel comfortable with my SP and a tuff strip. Many people live in cities where the law has crippled your ability to defend yourself and your family, I feel for these citizens. That said they are the same people who continue to vote in the very politicians who limit their rights. Which is one of the main reasons I moved go figure.
    Blackheart6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I carry a spare mag for whatever gun I am carrying that day. If it is my P-01 I have 29 rounds (14+1+14). If I'm carrying my P-07 I have 33 rounds (16+1+16). If I'm carrying my CW45 it's 13 rounds (6+1+6). How many rounds I ahve available should be MY decision, not some idiot in Washington or a state capitol.
    I totally agree by the way. Some of you are getting ruffled by my post. I'm on your side guys, just asking questions and making discussion. Sort of the point of a forum no?

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    I don't intend to the the guy in a gunfight that runs outta ammo. Do you?
    No, but I don't think I need 30 rounds. If I NEED 33 rounds I better have my AR handy and my situational awareness has failed me badly.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links