What would you have done?

This is a discussion on What would you have done? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There was a bank robbery at my main bank. If you were the guy with the baseball shirt (has a 20 on the back)..... What ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What would you have done?

What would you have done?

There was a bank robbery at my main bank. If you were the guy with the baseball shirt (has a 20 on the back)..... What would you have done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqoZ...e_gdata_player

If you wish for peace. Prepare for war.

Robert
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

2. Remove Ads

...exactly what he did...until they left the bank...then I would have gathered some information and made some choices...based on the facts and the law in that state...

With out my gun? Same thing he did. The guys didn't want my money. More importantly, based on the reactions of the clerks, I would bet anything this bank gets robbed all the time. Knowing that, I would be stupid to do any business at this bank.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    With or without my gun same thing. I'm not getting bystanders killed[ or me] because I think I'm Bruce Willis [ I'm not]
    tdave, kaikane0812 and miller_man like this.

VIP Member
    With my gun? Probably same thing he did. Two perps. About 10 people in the bank. I've not read of bank robbers often killing everyone in the bank after they get to loot. Usually it's get in/get out. If they started shooting then I would as well to defend my life, but I'm not going to start shooting with that many people around. So I'd play the odds that these guys are "rational" bank robbers with an objective.
    Snub44 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Same thing that guy did. One, I am not going to take a supreme risk to defend the bank's money. I don't care if the loss is insured or not, which it undoubtedly is, as it has zero value to me. Two, the accomplice has the drop on the guy and more than likely attempting to engage would only cause you to lose.

One thing I will say is that the bank needs better cameras, those suck. The light from the doorway was washing everything out.

I wouldn't care about the bank's money, nor about how few people are there. Not one of them will help me with the law suit or my medical bills. They can carry just like I can, so why are they not, hmm? They ought to know if they are worth defending or not, correct? If they have decided that they are not, who am I to oppose that judgment of their worth?

Same thing that he did, in that situation. They had two guys, with one controlling the room (up until the point he turned his attention to the front teller's spot). Taking down two armed folks at opposite sides of the room with a half-dozen folks around doesn't seem good odds to me.

Had I seen them coming and been able to do something at the point of entry, that might be something different. Though, the likelihood of noticing that soon is low. There's a reason for insurance at such places, to cover the "teller take," the stuff in the drawers. Nothing insures against being capped.

That said, had they begun to herd folks into the back, that would be a whole different ball game. No way am I being led to slaughter in a back room. Not in this lifetime. But that's just me.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; May 19th, 2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: grammar
    Snub44, PEF and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Same thing that he did, in that situation. They had two guys, with one controlling the room (up until the point he turned his attention to the front teller's spot. Taking down two armed folks at opposite sides of the room with a half-dozen folks around doesn't seem good odds to me.

Had I seen them coming and been able to do something at the point of entry, that might be something different. Though, the likelihood of noticing that soon is low. There's a reason for insurance at such places, to cover the "teller take," the stuff in the drawers. Nothing insures against being capped.

That said, had they begun to herd folks into the back, that would be a whole different ball game. No way am I being led to slaughter in a back room. Not in this lifetime. But that's just me
    Yeah, I've thought of that. It's a game changer. I've read too many articles about people being herded in the back room and being killed, and two few of people being herded in the back and then being left alone.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I either would have pulled out my two Desert Eagles, dropped to the ground as I begin shooting with pinpoint accuracy at their center mass....or I would have curled up into the fetal position and cried....

Seriously, would have done exactly as he did - smart to not turn around and look at them - they could have interpreted that as trying to get a description.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Just guessing. Number 1 or 2?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Bank is insured, much better than I am. Nuff said.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    It looked to me like the robbers wanted the money and to get out so I think I would have done exactly as this guy did. The main reason why anybody carries is to protect yourself and loved ones. If they start shooting then it is a new ball game. They were wearing masks therefore identification is really difficult so they probably are not going to mind leaving witnesses.
    Snub44 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'd of done exactly what he did. I'm not a super hero and the money is insured .
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I don't know, but I would probably be changing my pants when I got home.
    tdave and kaikane0812 like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links