I'm amazed people don't learn - Page 2

I'm amazed people don't learn

This is a discussion on I'm amazed people don't learn within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Only Glock I agree, that we SHOULD be able to leave our doors unlocked, etc. If that was the case, none of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm amazed people don't learn

Quote Originally Posted by Only Glock View Post
    I agree, that we SHOULD be able to leave our doors unlocked, etc. If that was the case, none of us would need to carry ANY kind of weapon for self defense.

Also, why is it that people automatically assume that cops have a choice of enforcing only the laws they agree with? I don't like this law, so I will just scratch it out of my book. I think this law should be changed, so I will just make a few changes there. We take an oath to uphold and enforce the laws and protect the citizens, etc. Most hold that oath sacred, and with honor. However, I agree it is a dumb law... if someone is stupid enough, and lacks enough common sense so as to leave their keys in their car, then they probably shouldn't be driving in the first place! You can't legislate common sense, just like you can't teach it in a class. Some people are just not going to "get it".
    Using your same logic, if you forgot to lock your front door on the way to work in the morning and someone robbed you....You should be fined for your home being cleaned out. Kinda dumb. The more the fudging idiotic government trys to legislate life the more they just foul it up. Quit making assinine laws. And for all you LEO's that think you're the cream of the crop for enforcing laws that you know damn well you shouldn't ..shame on you! It doesn't matter if he left his keys in the car, in his house, or the doors wide open.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    The more the fudging idiotic government trys to legislate life the more they just foul it up. Quit making assinine laws. And for all you LEO's that think you're the cream of the crop for enforcing laws that you know damn well you shouldn't ..shame on you! It doesn't matter if he left his keys in the car, in his house, or the doors wide open.

+1! Excellent points!

Regarding the initial story, the guy's only true mistake was leaping out to confront the thief without having the proper equipment with which to do so. I would never have gone the route he did without a weapon, most likely a handgun. He jumped the gun, literally, and got problems for it. But was he wrong to get assertive when his property was being stolen? Absolutely not. Should he be able to expect that his car wouldn't just automatically be stolen just because he left it running? Absolutely.

I hope the kid who shot him gets fried.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links