Defensive Carry banner

Defensive Scenario..

3K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  Hopyard 
#1 ·
So me & my Dad are heading to my Mom's yesterday where she lives with her boyfriend to help her change out all her sliced tires on her suv, they live in a 2nd story apartment & the resident below them hates my mom & bf so apparently he decides to slice both there vehicles tires as in all of them! so we get there & the resident is there outside. So we begin our work removing the tires with np. so the resident is outside his door at this point as my mom walks outside he starts berating her so we walk over to confront him & he starts cursing at us raising his voice in a attempt to escalate the situation as he called the police & he obviously wants to start a fight with us, but luckily for him we didn't instigate the matter any further. It's a damn shame though we couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this man vandalized my mom's & her bf's vehicle. Btw I was CC'ing & did not want to have to get into a physical altercation with this man due to everyone's saftey involved nor did I want to have to draw on him either for the same reasons of course. I'm glad the situation did not take a turn for the worse though & it really taught me a lesson as it was the first incident where I was CC'ing in.

#2 ·
Your Mom, Dad, and you need to make distance and ignore the nasty neighbor. Don't give them the satisfaction of getting under your skin, it's damn hard to do but worth it. You definately don't want to get into an altercation and be one that "started" it. Look into some kind of camera to monitor the tire situation.

#5 ·
Oh yes we didn't give him the satisfaction of arguing with him as it would of got us no where so we bid our best to ignore his stupidity & carried on with the job at hand. Btw I was thinking of some type of security cameras they can implement as to not have this happen again without notice. but if they don't choose to do so they might plan on moving. :/

#9 ·
Here's the deal friend, and I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but its time you looked at the facts.

You and your dad need to say out of the situation. Your mom is grown, and has made her choices, including a man, who should be able to handle it.

Secondly, this type of drama, is low classed, and is better left in the projects.

You are a grown person now. You have made a choice to carry, and you need to be responsible. If that means cutting it off with everyone who has this type of issues, so be it.

They have made their choices of places to live, and all that goes with it. Let everyone hoe their own roe.

#10 ·
If it were a friend, maybe I would agree, but its the OPs mother. Telling your mom to have a nice life is a bit difficult for a lot of people.

#11 ·
My mom & her boyfriend where there as the incident unfolded & yes they filed a police report the day it occurred. Yes to answer you're question Glockman we all handled the situation like mature adults other then the suspect that is. But no I'm not going to cut ties with my Mother & her boyfriend because of a isolated incident he's a good friend of mine btw, that would be foolish if you ask me.

#18 ·
I didn't ask you. you posted it for comment. But since you brought up foolish, why did you confront the man? "so we walk over to confront him". Thats not to smart.
And why does he dislike your mother?

#14 ·
Offer to help mom move. Otherwise, don't get involved. These things tend to get ugly easily.

#25 ·
I would think about what Glockman said. Maybe you don't need to cut ties but you sure don't need to get pulled into serious trouble which could cost your freedom. Those people should all be older than you and should know how to behave. These things can start small and grow till something lifelong happens. I would try to keep the trouble at a distance from my life I think. When you carry for protection it is only for protection after all else fails. Any kind of shooting will change your life forever and may close a lot of doors to you. A shooting never ever turns out as good as no shooting. Good luck,be careful.

#27 ·
I moved out of my first apartment for similar reasons, and so did my nextdoor neighbor - we thought the property manager and maintinence guy were the culprits. Funny, they got a new manager before I actually got moved, but the damage was done. Apartment life sucks.

I'd be a little wary of the legalities of using video surveilence on community property. I assume the car in question is parked in a lot owned by the landlords and accessible to all tenants, who do not concent to being videoed just by living there.

#32 ·
I'd be a little wary of the legalities of using video surveilence on community property. I assume the car in question is parked in a lot owned by the landlords and accessible to all tenants, who do not concent to being videoed just by living there.
Really? Since when do you have to concent to being taped? You most likely have been taped hundreds of times without your knowledge. Most gas stations, party stores, supermarkets, hotels and just about everywhere you go you are on tape. If it gets bad enough the apartment mgr may install cameras as well. Until then I would have a camera pointed to where I typically park and be recording all the time. Try to get me to turn it off...

#29 ·
I agree with the point that glockman and pignut made.. All of these people are older than you and should be able to handle all of their personal disputes without their sons help.. I understand helping by changing the slashed tires for your mom and her boyfriend, but getting in the middle of an argument between your mom and HER neighbor that has nothing to do with you is pretty foolish..It could have led to a life altering event for everyone involved. When you carry it is important to remember that you are carrying a lethal weapon and any type of confrontation should not be handled the same as if you were unarmed.. JMHO

#33 ·
If you think the neighbor did it and you thought he was going to be there it probably would have been wise to call the police about it before you went over there. I am assuming they would at least have to check it out and that is when you could have been there working on the car. I doubt the neighbor would have confronted you with a LEO right there or even after the LEO leaves.

#34 ·
Seriously, I agree with Glockman. This is the type incident that takes place in the welfare projects.

My sad but true story. My sister found love with a guy. They had a house full of kids together. Neither one cared much for work and they lived in an area full of felons, those that were unconvicted felons and soon to be felons. Cars were broken into nightly around there. She was constantly calling me to investigate trouble that she would get involved in as a result of where she lived. Before the grass could be cut around those apts, the beer bottles and cans had to be picked up and her husband saw nothing wrong with the drunks that lived just a shade underneath his low standards. Things got so bad, I had to disconnect with my sister. Three years later, she was savagely attacked, beaten, sexually assaulted and she died of her injuries about 47 days later.

People in nice neighborhoods are not getting their tires slashed and the cops are not called out to those neighborhoods. Vandalism, bullying neighbors and such do not live in or if they do, they do not act up in those neighborhoods. Domestic violence takes place in all neighborhoods but not tire slashing and threatening neighbors.

Your mom needs to move to a better neighborhood or you need to stop going to visit her there. Someone pushing your buttons just right can make you use that gun you carry and then you will wish you had never went to that neighborhood. I just hope you have about $50,000 on hand to pay bail and the first installment on a lawyer. Your job will be gone afterward anyway so, at least, you will not have to worry about working while waiting for a D.A decision as to when to try you. It was not your neighborhood. You do not live there so you will partially bringing on whatever happens.

No offense but like Glockman, just telling it like it is.

#38 ·
Here's the deal friend, and I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but its time you looked at the facts.

You and your dad need to say out of the situation. Your mom is grown, and has made her choices, including a man, who should be able to handle it.

Secondly, this type of drama, is low classed, and is better left in the projects.

You are a grown person now. You have made a choice to carry, and you need to be responsible. If that means cutting it off with everyone who has this type of issues, so be it.

They have made their choices of places to live, and all that goes with it. Let everyone hoe their own roe.

^I'm with these guys on this one.^^^^^^^

If a love one continually makes bad choices in life(not saying your mom and BF do), it is not your responsibility to come to their rescue and subject yourself to danger and liability for something in which you have no personal stake.

Glad your mom is moving, hopefully they will research the potential new surroundings with greater scrutiny, so as to avoid potential problems in the future.
You never did state why the chump neighbor disliked your mom & BF.
Was he there first perhaps, and they keep taking his parking spot?

Is the residence an older home converted into apts. , and he just doesn't like people above him?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.