Defensive Scenario..

Defensive Scenario..

This is a discussion on Defensive Scenario.. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So me & my Dad are heading to my Mom's yesterday where she lives with her boyfriend to help her change out all her sliced ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Defensive Scenario..

Lightbulb Defensive Scenario..

So me & my Dad are heading to my Mom's yesterday where she lives with her boyfriend to help her change out all her sliced tires on her suv, they live in a 2nd story apartment & the resident below them hates my mom & bf so apparently he decides to slice both there vehicles tires as in all of them! so we get there & the resident is there outside. So we begin our work removing the tires with np. so the resident is outside his door at this point as my mom walks outside he starts berating her so we walk over to confront him & he starts cursing at us raising his voice in a attempt to escalate the situation as he called the police & he obviously wants to start a fight with us, but luckily for him we didn't instigate the matter any further. It's a damn shame though we couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this man vandalized my mom's & her bf's vehicle. Btw I was CC'ing & did not want to have to get into a physical altercation with this man due to everyone's saftey involved nor did I want to have to draw on him either for the same reasons of course. I'm glad the situation did not take a turn for the worse though & it really taught me a lesson as it was the first incident where I was CC'ing in.

Your Mom, Dad, and you need to make distance and ignore the nasty neighbor. Don't give them the satisfaction of getting under your skin, it's damn hard to do but worth it. You definately don't want to get into an altercation and be one that "started" it. Look into some kind of camera to monitor the tire situation.
    NewtownSam and tcox4freedom like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

If you aren't 100% sure it's best not to accuse or confront. JMHO

Video Surveillance Camera in the window facing the parking spaces would be my next move.
    <And dont notify the idiot he's being watched either>

Fin

Oh yes we didn't give him the satisfaction of arguing with him as it would of got us no where so we bid our best to ignore his stupidity & carried on with the job at hand. Btw I was thinking of some type of security cameras they can implement as to not have this happen again without notice. but if they don't choose to do so they might plan on moving. :/

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Was a police report filed on the slashed tires? That might be vital in the future.
    tcox4freedom and Hopyard like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I admire your self control.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Wondering where your Mom's BF was during this altercation and tire slashing?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Here's the deal friend, and I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but its time you looked at the facts.

You and your dad need to say out of the situation. Your mom is grown, and has made her choices, including a man, who should be able to handle it.

Secondly, this type of drama, is low classed, and is better left in the projects.

You are a grown person now. You have made a choice to carry, and you need to be responsible. If that means cutting it off with everyone who has this type of issues, so be it.

They have made their choices of places to live, and all that goes with it. Let everyone hoe their own roe.
    wdbailey, MrsHB, oneshot and 7 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Here's the deal friend, and I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but its time you looked at the facts.

You and your dad need to say out of the situation. Your mom is grown, and has made her choices, including a man, who should be able to handle it.

Secondly, this type of drama, is low classed, and is better left in the projects.

You are a grown person now. You have made a choice to carry, and you need to be responsible. If that means cutting it off with everyone who has this type of issues, so be it.

They have made their choices of places to live, and all that goes with it. Let everyone hoe their own roe.
    If it were a friend, maybe I would agree, but its the OPs mother. Telling your mom to have a nice life is a bit difficult for a lot of people.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

My mom & her boyfriend where there as the incident unfolded & yes they filed a police report the day it occurred. Yes to answer you're question Glockman we all handled the situation like mature adults other then the suspect that is. But no I'm not going to cut ties with my Mother & her boyfriend because of a isolated incident he's a good friend of mine btw, that would be foolish if you ask me.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Three suggestions. Video, video, video. Get the guy's anger and threats on video, surveillance video for the parking lot, carry a cam with her and have an audio recorder running when she leaves the house.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post

Seriously?

So, your advice is to cut off relations with loved ones when they are threatened?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Offer to help mom move. Otherwise, don't get involved. These things tend to get ugly easily.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by zen1300 View Post
    Seriously?

So, your advice is to cut off relations with loved ones when they are threatened?

Yes; but no one is threatened. There is no proof that the neighbor did anything. And, did the neighbor just wake up one day and start hating the woman out of the blue?
    atctimmy likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links