Improved Florida Internet Cafe Drill - VIDEO - Moving Targets while Moving !!!

This is a discussion on Improved Florida Internet Cafe Drill - VIDEO - Moving Targets while Moving !!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally incorporated a moving target into my Internet Cafe drill which is loosely based on the real video captured and seen on Youtube. I ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By GeorgiaShooter
  • 1 Post By Sap03
  • 1 Post By BenGoodLuck

Thread: Improved Florida Internet Cafe Drill - VIDEO - Moving Targets while Moving !!!

Improved Florida Internet Cafe Drill - VIDEO - Moving Targets while Moving !!!

I finally incorporated a moving target into my Internet Cafe drill which is loosely based on the real video captured and seen on Youtube. I watch real shootings and try to construct scenarios that more closely match real world incidents. Then I analyze aspects of the movement and try to knit pick new ideas from it. Here I smoothly draw and drop bad guy number one where he stands and avoid catching his attention by not standing and moving toward him. Then I simulate bad guy number two moving while I am also moving to cover, and NOT chasing him out the door standing directly in the line of fire. I would then reload, scan and prepare for anything else such as another one of their buddies inside the cafe going into action or someone entering. I would also try not to sweep bystanders with my muzzle. My drill or my shooting tactics are FAR from perfect but I am seeing a noticeable improvement with my ability to hit moving targets while I'm on the move. I can assure anyone here you'll be surprised how bad your shooting fails the first time you combine those elements into your drills. I hope to become even faster at movement in the future without crushing my accuracy. Not only was this practice effective but I did not waste a ton of ammo and able to knock it out during a lunch break on my telecommuting day. Since I only live 10 minutes from the gun club in Conyers, Ga. I have made a few posts on this topic but this is the best drill so far and very simple. I also could care less what kind of magazine changes are made. Unlike we conform in IDPA matches I could care less as long as I make my hits and get back online quickly. And this is one reason why my home made drills yield my best shooting. I'm not trapped in a million little procedurals. I see the bad guys, I neutralize freely.

Improved Florida Internet Cafe Drill with Moving Target - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    Great stuff, GS!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I just wish there was a place like that to train in my neck of the woods, And if there is someone should really let me in on it ..
    GeorgiaShooter likes this.

VIP Member
    This is a great video and I like how you are training based on real scenarios. Very clever way to get the target moving and fantastic shooting!
    GeorgiaShooter likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

place to train

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    I just wish there was a place like that to train in my neck of the woods, And if there is someone should really let me in on it ..
    I wish the same for this side of fl. might have
    to join a club.

Outstanding video. Hope if I'm ever in a bad situation, you are around. Great shooting.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Good stuff Georgia shooter! I'm going to pass the video along to our IDPA match director; maybe we can use it in a fixture scenario. By the way, are you anywhere near Valdosta, there's a new IDPA chapter there now.

Thanks folks. I'm looking forward to building more scenarios like this and learning, practicing, picking up knowledge from others. If you ever have more ideas please share.

Orangeman that sounds awesome. I'm in the Atlanta area and a member of IDPA and the local GAPDA association too. I hope one day I can venture around to other areas like South Ga, Alabama, Carolinas. I have the camper trailer and truck but just can't find the time off work to get out. Fortunately my local gun club is national quality. Sad part is that I've lived 10 minutes from it since the mid 90s and always thought it was just a skeet and trap club, boy was I wrong.

I really appreciate the comments, and views. Any ideas, please float them out there.... Or links to videos of other potential scenarios we could learn from.

Enjoyed your creative scenario...One question...since you wear a concealment vest, is there a reason you carry your spare mag(s) in your pocket, rather than in a mag holder on your belt?
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

No reason my friend. Although I do use belt pouches all the time, even IWB. Especially competing or using the larger pistols. If it's a Jframe with a speedloader or my subcompacts I lean more toward the dedicated left front pocket.

Links