Employer With Gun,Employee With Knife

Employer With Gun,Employee With Knife

This is a discussion on Employer With Gun,Employee With Knife within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No charges filed in shooting at Longbeards Bar and Grill - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Employer With Gun,Employee With Knife

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    After further investigation, the Major Crimes Unit of the Horry County Police Department learned the employee threatened his employer with a knife. "After retreating into the parking lot, the employer did warn the employee to not come any closer to him with the knife. When the employee continued towards the employer, he was shot," Lt. Kegler explains.
    If as reported, that's pretty simple. Have a violent felon approach with a deadly weapon, erase the threat lawfully.

Unless they've got some proof he couldn't possibly have been engaging in self-defense, they're right to not press charges for what didn't occur, simply because he's the one left standing. Irrespective of the employer / soon-to-be former employee relationship.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Gut shot... ouch.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I'm gonna guess most of the time,the one with the knife loses.The employee must have been really mad,to go after him,and,the employer had a gun,wow.
    Aceoky, WINTEJER000 and Ghost1958 like this.

I am curious about something.I wonder,did he have the gun on him,or,outside in vehicle?.What i'm getting at,he was an employer Longbeards Bar and Grill.I didn't think you could have a gun in a bar.Maybe,he is the owner,and can?I can't get my permit yet,but,don't hurt,to learn ccp laws early.
    Dan060 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent95 View Post
    I am curious about something.I wonder,did he have the gun on him,or,outside in vehicle?.What i'm getting at,he was an employer Longbeards Bar and Grill.I didn't think you could have a gun in a bar.Maybe,he is the owner,and can?I can't get my permit yet,but,don't hurt,to learn ccp laws early.
    SC COL 16-23-465 seems to disallow lawful carry at any place where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises, including restaurants that do so:

SECTION 16-23-465. Additional penalty for unlawfully carrying pistol or firearm onto premises of business selling alcoholic liquors, beers or wines for on-premises consumption.

In addition to the penalties provided for by Sections 16-11-330 and 16-23-460 and by Article 1 of Chapter 23 of Title 16, a person convicted of carrying a pistol or firearm into a business which sells alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine for consumption on the premises is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than two thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

In addition to the penalties described above, a person who violates this section while carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, must have his concealed weapon permit revoked.

HISTORY: 1977 Act No. 45; 1993 Act No. 184, Section 190; 1996 Act No. 464, Section 5; 2002 Act No. 274, Section 2, eff May 28, 2002.

Hm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Obviously, this employee did not know the 'rule' about bringing a knife to a gunfight.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Not a smart career move even in a dead-end job.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

You're fired.
    Glock2201 and farsidefan1 like this.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent95 View Post
    I am curious about something.I wonder,did he have the gun on him,or,outside in vehicle?.
    I'm more curious about this..
    "... the employer did warn the employee to not come any closer to him with the knife.
    Was the weapon drawn as the warning was issued?...or; did the employer issue the warning; wait for the approaching threat and then draw & fire?

This could change the dynamics somewhat.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I don't know about S.C. but in PA the owner of an establishment may have a gun for protection the same as for home protection, no permit is necessary in that instance. The fact that the shot was fired outside the establishment would indicate he had better have a CC license, and I suspect he did.
    Brent95 likes this.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorhead View Post
    You're fired.
    LOL at first but maybe that was the cause. It happened at @ 2:45 pm. could be it was a change of shift. The guy was fired got pissed about it and wanted to have a "conversation" with the boss.
    oooops.

If no charges filed against the employee does he get workmans comp?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Knife vs gun usually doesn't work well,smh.I'm guessing the employer is allowed to have a gun,or,i would think they could Brent.No,we can't have on in a bar.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    I'm more curious about this..

Was the weapon drawn as the warning was issued?...or; did the employer issue the warning; wait for the approaching threat and then draw & fire?

This could change the dynamics somewhat.
    How so? If the knife wielder is approaching with intent to cause bodily harm, a warning is a nicety on the shooters part. Defend yourself and survive first. If you are incline to offer a warning have time to do so safely that's fine. If not you stop the thread and warnings be damned.
    USM1976 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links