Naked woman pounding on your door in the middle of the night...

Naked woman pounding on your door in the middle of the night...

This is a discussion on Naked woman pounding on your door in the middle of the night... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What would YOU do - not a simple question. AND, though this didn't happen, what would you do if supposed victim began to seem actively ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Naked woman pounding on your door in the middle of the night...

What Would YOU Do In This Actual Situation:

What would YOU do - not a simple question. AND, though this didn't happen, what would you do if supposed victim began to seem actively threatened after a bit, e.g., a male shouting as he runs closer, or perhaps he appears behind her looking murderous?

Nearly naked rape victim left outside as scared homeowners call 911 - CNN.com
    Last edited by detective; July 12th, 2013 at 05:36 AM.

VIP Member
    Regrettably considering some of the ruses used for home invasions anyone would be justified to call 911 and keep an eye on the one claiming to have been assaulted and only offering assistance if it may be verified there is a threat.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

That IS a tough one. As long as it's clear there's not somebody lurking nearby, probably set off the alarm system and let her in, then take a corner where I can watch both her and the door, as well as get a view outside. If she moves further into the house without permission, stay where I am and let the police find her when they arrive. This assumes that I'm home alone or that I can get anyone else with me into position nearby; no way I'm letting any stranger in without knowing exactly where everybody is. And of course that I arm myself first, though I should be armed already.

It's probably safer to do what these folks did, and no blame to them, but I couldn't just stand by and watch if the guy DID show up and kill her on my doorstep, so better to take some proactive steps to manage the situation before it gets to that point, so i don't have to come out the door shooting.
    detective likes this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    i would arm myself first at the sound of banging on my door, if i could see that there is no one else around i would probably open the door. if she is naked then she obviously does not have a weapon. i would allow a few seconds for her to get in, if she does not i will shut and lock the door. not gonna let the door hang open. call 911 and offer her a blanket.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Tough call. It would depend on the circumstances, obviously. But just as obviously if I'd determined to my satisfaction that it's legit I'm not gonna make her stand outside naked. You've got to stand on some principles, or what the heck are we on Earth for?
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Since im armed all the time at home theres only two ways to go with this for me. If shes alone and naked or mostly so shes not a threat as far as being armed and I bring her in. wife is always with me here and can arm herself as well so she can watch said female while I watch the outside.

If as stated a male is running at her or pops up behind her one of three things will happen. He will attack her in which case I respond appropriately. He will try to come in the door attacking me with the same result. Or he will back off and I get her inside then.

Then the wife can bake some cookies for her while we wait the half hour or so for LE to get out here.

Sorry but its not in my makeup to leave someone on my doorstep to be drug away and raped again or murdered while I stay behind a locked door.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I'm The OP So I better take a crack with my own question. I live alone which makes this a bit more difficult, one person has to do everything if she comes in: watch her, focus on her Attacker moving in if he is, or if not keep an eye out that he may come - and keeping line open to 911. If I could see well enough the naked- woman thru two very narrow windows on each side of the door, I'd check to see if she was weaponless. 2nd I'd check her medical condition: is her face swollen? Has she been cut by a knife or stabbed, or worse is she beginning to exude blood from her mouth, ears - sign of serious internal/brain injuries. On that basis she's in and I get medical on the way as well as police. Also, is it in our winter when, at times, death for a naked person from exposure to extreme cold is a real possibility. Again, she's in. All of that would also help to reassure me she is what she says, not pretending.

If the guy shows up, and the woman does not seem injured - with an 11 min response time by police he could run to her and kill her any second. I don't know what I'd do. They could be a team trying for home invasion, but if not she's in desperate danger. I'd ask 911/cops what to do if I had an open line and follow their advice I guess. Then again an impulse of the moment could take over. Fire at him (I'd be armed) through a window or by opening a door and shooting. Either way I think you'd be justified, home-invader you'd be in mortal danger, true attacker you'd be justified in saving the woman life. But it's a real tough situation to be in, you gotta think fast and act - and, honestly, I don't really know what I'd do if a guy showed up.
    Last edited by detective; July 12th, 2013 at 07:52 AM.

I'd call 911 and let her in. The fire department would be First Responder and the local station is so close to the house you can here the siren when they pull the engine out of the garage.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Alrighty, I'll weigh in here.....

Ghost1958 said it, It's just not in me to have a half-naked woman on my porch in that situation and NOT help. I have a wife and two daughters. I'd want someone to offer more help than just leaving her there while calling 911. Having said that, every situation is different and the homeowner has to make a split-second decision as to what to do.

I'd already be armed and I'd make that decision..... chances are I'd let her in and then SECURE HER. I'm armed and in a high-stress/high-readiness state. Even IF it were a ruse for a pending home invasion I'd have one or more bad guys down rather quickly (IF a 'home invasion' type ruse). If not, I've got the victim inside and relatively safe AND the police inroute.

Again, this comes from a split-second evaluation of what I see transpiring. I'm certainly more capable than the (*elderly*) couple in the story.... and for many, that's really the ONLY action I'd recommend, to stay behind locked doors with 911/dispatch on the phone. I'm overseas right now so if my wife (home alone and NOT as capable as me with a firearm) were faced with that similar situation, I wouldn't want her opening the door. When I'm home, it's MY call as to what action I will take. As I stated above, I'd want someone to help one of my daughters if the story was 'reversed'.
    Last edited by goldshellback; July 12th, 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: *elderly* was NOT in the story... my mistake, made before my 2nd cup of morning coffee
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Considering that my gun is on my hip at all times at home I would open the door and let the lady in if she was truely raped i hope that the idiot that raped her was dumb enough to try to get in my house. I can't stand the fact that there are people out there that do this sort of thing to women.
    detective, Bullet1234 and Anubis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I'd call 911 and let her in. The fire department would be First Responder and the local station is so close to the house you can here the siren when they pull the engine out of the garage.
    No really close to proximity to ER help like you. BUT:

I was in serious trouble once before I had a permit and a female friend even more so in a completely different incident another place and time: being chased by two BGs down her street and calling 911 while running. We both later said it seemed like seconds after we were on to 911 we both could hear sirens all over the place from approaching cops - they must hit them immediately to scare off an attacker before they're there. For me, the guy ran upon hearing them. For her case, the police themselves were so quickly there after the sound of their sirens that they saved her AND caught the perps chasing her.

So that would influence my actions, I could expect quick police presence - thank God. (Just read that the average response time for police for the most serious crimes in Detroit was 58 minutes!)

A knock at the door in the middle of the night? I'd be armed with a handgun... Look out the peep-hole and see a naked woman obviously in distress?... I'd call 9-1-1 then crack the door gun in hand. No boyfriends hiding ready to pounce? I'd let her in. Something I hadent thought of is keeping 9-1-1 on the line GREAT IDEA! So now with my modified technique I'd lock the door behind us, and hand her the phone so she may give a description of her attacker... continue to keep 911 on the phone so to have a recorded witness to any reaction between myself and the woman. I wont let down my guard, and totally assume that she a victim.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    In this day and with today's society, I have no problem with what the homeowners did, although that is not what I would have done.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Nothing to ponder for me. I'm bringing her inside.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member
    Many years ago, I was in basically the exact situation. I was driving home from work. I worked 2nd shift. It was about 2am. A woman looking panicked and scared ran along side the car waving her hands. I stopped and let her in. She told me she had been raped. I drove her to the nearest police station. This was 1973, before the time of cell phones. Of course, I was young and stupid, and it never dawned on me that maybe I was being setup. I took her to the cops and they asked me a few questions and I never saw the woman again. Now that I am old and still stupid, I would probably do the same thing.
    WHEC724, Phaedrus and flintlock62 like this.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links