Walmart scare

Walmart scare

This is a discussion on Walmart scare within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Almost pulled on what turned out to be an idiot yesterday at local Walmart. while my wife was finishing grocery shopping my 4yr. old granddaughter ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Walmart scare

Walmart scare

Almost pulled on what turned out to be an idiot yesterday at local Walmart. while my wife was finishing grocery shopping my 4yr. old granddaughter and I decided to go set on the bench just inside one of the entrances.For some reason the greater was checking sales slips on just about everybody and peoples reactions were entertaining and interresting. then all the sudden a guy who looked like he needed a bath among other things came marching in and all I could see was a Berreta 92 waving around in his hand. I mean sweeping everybody. I guess I must have been surprised because there was a few seconds passed and I started for my XDs riding IWB. just then he was right in front of me and I saw it was a bb gun. he started ranting and raving about wanting to see a manager and the gun didn't work and he was tired of the run around blah blah. The greeter said he shouldn't be waving the thing that it looked real he ignored her and took off to the service desk where he was stopped by a male employee and I heard him say no I don't have a reciept I didn't know the thing was broken blah blah. As for me I'm glad it turned out good for me as I would hate to shoot someone for any reason espescially a bb gun. and to boot in a crowded store where shoot throughs were a big concern. I don't know how it turned out for him but I know I have to stay alert everywhere. Rant Over.

Wow, I can see where that would scare the poopies out of you.
    Aceoky, GlockHawk17 and NONAME762 like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    That's a good way for someone to see the floor up close.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Scary!

I fear that's the wave of people coming through... it's 'the world revolves around me' crowd, everyone owes them something and they don't need to do anything to get it.

What really concerns me is the 'everyone wins and everyone is equal' crowd that will follow.

It's going to be a couple long decades before things take a turn for the better I'm afraid.

VIP Member
    Good grief! That individual did not have his thinking cap on. He probably shot a hole in it with that BB gun. Luckily it wasn't a real gun and he wasn't out to mop up on everybody.
    sawfiler likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Wow. A BB gun is a real gun and I wouldn't take kindly to having it pointed at me or my grand kid. I think I would've demanded he point it in a safe direction.
    sawfiler likes this.

I don't know that I'd have drawn, but there would have been a lot of yelling going on.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Yep....Again Ron White is proved correct....you can't fix stupid.
    sawfiler, JDE101 and Aceoky like this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Glad you and yours came out OK. Stupid cannot be fixed by Walmart's return policy.
    sawfiler likes this.

The legal problem one would face in court if you shot the guy was that all you would need is one person who witnessed this to say:

I knew it wasn't a gun and I did not feel my life was in danger
    sawfiler and Vuva3rae like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The legal problem one would face in court if you shot the guy was that all you would need is one person who witnessed this to say:I knew it wasn't a gun and I did not feel my life was in danger
    Cops shoot folks with BB guns (and toy guns) too.
    sawfiler, fredg53, Aceoky and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Cops shoot folks with BB guns (and toy guns) too.
    I said it would be a problem....do you disagree?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The legal problem one would face in court if you shot the guy was that all you would need is one person who witnessed this to say:
    I would have to disagree with you 100%..if a man walks anywhere waving this around and screaming at people and you did happen to engage .... I don't think you would be convicted...this just looks tooooo real......

0072336454020_500X500.jpg and this is a bb gun sold by Wal-Mart.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I feel sorry for that walmart greeter. A walmart greeter job wouldnt be what Id want to die over, and next time a guy with a gun comes thru, he might well be thinking "another BB Gun! Sigh".
    sawfiler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I would have to disagree with you 100%..if a man walks anywhere waving this around and screaming at people and you did happen to engage .... I don't think you would be convicted...this just looks tooooo real......

0072336454020_500X500.jpg and this is a bb gun sold by Wal-Mart.
    If you are the only one with a gun that shoots the dude and others say that they did not think it was a real gun.....yes. I still do think it would be a problem for the defense. I am not saying to not do what ya have to do. Didn't you just watch the Zimmerman trial? There were lots of things brought up that were problems or could have been problems for him.

Let me add this: the guy that said he knew it was not a real gun is also a CHL holder...........

BTW: I know what Wal mart sells. And what you showed was not a Beretta 92 LOL.......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links