'The Wire' Creator David Simon on Trayvon Martin Case: 'Ashamed' to Be an American

This is a discussion on 'The Wire' Creator David Simon on Trayvon Martin Case: 'Ashamed' to Be an American within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "If I were a person of color in Florida, I would pick up a brick and start walking toward that courthouse in Sanford. Those that ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: 'The Wire' Creator David Simon on Trayvon Martin Case: 'Ashamed' to Be an American

VIP Member

'The Wire' Creator David Simon on Trayvon Martin Case: 'Ashamed' to Be an American

"If I were a person of color in Florida, I would pick up a brick and start walking toward that courthouse in Sanford. Those that do not, those that hold the pain and betrayal inside and somehow manage to resist violence — these citizens are testament to a stoic tolerance that is more than the rest of us deserve."

"Tonight, anyone who truly understands what justice is and what it requires of a society is ashamed to call himself an American."

'The Wire' Creator David Simon on Trayvon Martin Case: 'Ashamed' to Be an American | Yahoo! TV - Yahoo! TV
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

I am PROUD to call myself an American because the justice system WORKED! If they had enough evidence to prove Zimmerman guilty then so be it BUT they didnt. Even if deep down Zimmerman wanted to start a fight, there was not enough proof. The jury did the right thing.

Edit to add: I am ashamed however that a "man" I did not vote for made this trial happen when the local police and original DA knew there was no case. I am ashamed that the jury had to remain anonymous and probably are at as much risk as Zimmerman. I am ashamed that even if Zimmerman was not racially motivated, the media, our government and this trial were. If there is ANY reason to be ashamed to be an American, it is for allowing this government to be who they are.
    Tada gan irracht - Nothing without effort

VIP Member
    The empathy of a wealthy White Guy in Hollywood for "persons of color" in Florida is truly inspiring....
    Last edited by PEF; July 17th, 2013 at 12:34 AM.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Just another Hollywood tool...
    CIBMike likes this.

***? No one is forcing you to live here. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other places to live where you won't be threatened by those nasty guns - North Korea, Syria, Egypt, and Somalia come to mind....
    msgt/ret, Aceoky, foxytwo and 1 others like this.
    Never get out of the boat....

I am also ashamed that David Simon is an American.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Isn't that a coincidence, after reading the article, I'm ashamed to call him an American too.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Isn't that a coincidence, after reading the article, I'm ashamed to call him an American too.
    Agreed - but I WIN BY TWO MINUTES!
    Glock2201 and Jaeger like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I say we all suggest he become a citizen elsewhere. I will not watch his work.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

The responses are not in his favor.
    Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.

Distinguished Member
    I could be wrong, but David appears to be ashamed to be in a "man suite" and would prefer to be in flowing gown and high heels! He's more than ashamed, he's a mess'o'beans!
    msgt/ret, Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I really liked "The Wire", though.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Another beauty school dropout.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat_Guy View Post
    ***? No one is forcing you to live here. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other places to live where you won't be threatened by those nasty guns - North Korea, Syria, Egypt, and Somalia come to mind....
    I'm pretty stupid with geography, isn't Somalia what you get from eating bad chicken? Yeah, let's send him to bad chicken!
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I hear Cuba is nice this time of year, too. My country....no like it, get out....and stay out.

Did anyone in Hollywood actually read anything about the evidence in this case? I mean seriously, they are all coming off as being complete
    illiterate imbeciles.
    Aceoky, 357and40 and pittypat21 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links