Fist vs Gun

Fist vs Gun

This is a discussion on Fist vs Gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Interesting read. The danger of fists | Gun Nuts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fist vs Gun

Fist vs Gun

Interesting read. The danger of fists | Gun Nuts

Too bad the prosecution hadn't read this (or maybe they had ...) and/or that this article wasn't available to the "low-information" humans who inhabit much of America today. But, even if it had, they wouldn't have allowed themselves to be swayed by it because it doesn't fit into what they wanted to happen (an agenda!). I also saw that George Zimmerman is changing his name to one that will insure obama and his henchmen won't bother to keep after him.

The name? Ben Ghazi! That should keep obama away from him! (Credit to Neal Boortz for that one)
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Fists and feet are the oldest weapons known to mankind.
    Aceoky and archer51 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    And the silent treatment...
    MarkT, mprp, bmcgilvray and 4 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    What we need to teach people correct thing to say is "less-lethal", instead of people using the term "less than lethal". People keep using the second term to describe Tasers and other non-firearm uses of force. It is not accurate. The correct term is "less-lethal", meaning it is less lethal than using a firearm, but that does not mean it will not lead to death. Hands on, Tasers, even pepper spray can all lead to death, just not as often as a firearm.
    USM1976 likes this.

Agree with the author on what he had to say. Muhamahd Ali used to say "I'm pretty! Im pretty!" pointing at his face.

What he was saying was "Look, I have all my teeth, and my nose hasnt been broken". Which is pretty good for a fighter.

One other point, and this is very hard for people to take in; What you might consider a justified fist fight with a jerk, might well end in you getting shot. Especially if there is an age difference, or physical limitation for the other person.

I tell my son, (who is a great kid), dont ever mess with an old person. They will just shoot you. Dont get me wrong, I teach him not to mess with anyone, but Im doing all I can to imprint on him that because someone doesnt look like a threat, or if he thought he would have a fair fight, it doesnt mean thats going to be the case.
    Patterson911, USM1976 and Aceoky like this.

Very interesting read! Thank you for sharing! I found this line from the article very informative:

"Police use of force policies treat an officer being knocked unconscious or mounted as lethal force events."

It makes sense, but I never realized it until now.

There is no such thing as a "fair fight" outside of a organized sporting event.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Patterson911 View Post
    Very interesting read! Thank you for sharing! I found this line from the article very informative:

"Police use of force policies treat an officer being knocked unconscious or mounted as lethal force events."

It makes sense, but I never realized it until now.
    Welcome to the forum, Patterson. Glad to have you.
    Patterson911 likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    They also kill more people every year than "assault rifles".
    Aceoky and msgt/ret like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Fisticuffs are great for sport and mutual combat but self defense is better served by open handed methods more easily reached and mastered by the curious and quickly trained.

Didn't we just have a court case recently over somebody getting mounted?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    There is a reason boxers and MMA are often charges with assault with a deadly weapon if they become involved in a fight outside the ring. Hands and feet, even from a untrained person has the capability of killing.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post

Didn't we just have a court case recently over somebody getting mounted?
    That was back in the Clinton administration... The defense was "I did not mount that woman." Then he went on to ask for a definition of "mount."
    Aceoky likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

What? You can actually be beaten to death? I'd never have imagined...

Distinguished Member
    This places a whole new perspective on any scenario that begins without weapons. It would seem that SA may be the only way to survive such an attack. I'm old and fat, I can't run very far. I've never been a fighter. My only hope to come out alive would be to recognize what is going down and escape or use deadly force. A lot to consider in a few seconds. Hope I never have to make those decisions. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links