Bodyguards?

This is a discussion on Bodyguards? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would'nt it be nice if it was Rosie O'Donnell's Goons. I wonder how she would explain that to her fans....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bodyguards?

Would'nt it be nice if it was Rosie O'Donnell's Goons. I wonder how she would explain that to her fans.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Within the law or not, if you decide to engage with a professional security detail, you will lose. You will be out numbered and out trained. I don't care how John Wayne you are. If they are the thugs from the currently popular scene, you just opened the gates for all out chaos.
    I think this is the time when working smarter is going to pay better than working harder.
    That is a pretty poor assumption. What if it were this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk7LPklNFRw

No matter who you are there is someone else out there that is always faster, smarter, and better at what you do, ask Mike Tyson. If you are "professional security" you just hope you don't run into them.

Couldn't agree more on the working smarter thing, but I really don't think this scenario would happen.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Walter1....it has happened. Typically in NYC but it has happened. All of the cases I have heard about were with the gangsta rappers using thier former street buddies as their detail who were carrying without permits. Problem with that type of situation is that the guards will back their boss no matter what because their street buds. There have even been shootings in some clubs involving these types and its ugly. However that can be resolved by watching where you go. The typical person will never encounter this type of treatment but it can and had happened. My personal favorite was when two folks with money each had one bg and the two got into a fray. The bg's just stood there and watched the scuffle and finally pulled their perspective boss's off and took them home. The wildest part was both bg's lost their gigs but neither were sued or charged.

Check 6
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve63 View Post
    Would'nt it be nice if it was Rosie O'Donnell's Goons. I wonder how she would explain that to her fans.

Her fans are mindless. If they don't despise her now for things she's already said and done, why would an incident like this change their views of her?

Her Defense...

Quote Originally Posted by steve63 View Post
    you tried to steal her fork...
    But my reply...forks are bad...they make you fat!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Walter1....it has happened. Typically in NYC but it has happened. All of the cases I have heard about were with the gangsta rappers using thier former street buddies as their detail who were carrying without permits. Problem with that type of situation is that the guards will back their boss no matter what because their street buds. There have even been shootings in some clubs involving these types and its ugly. However that can be resolved by watching where you go. The typical person will never encounter this type of treatment but it can and had happened. My personal favorite was when two folks with money each had one bg and the two got into a fray. The bg's just stood there and watched the scuffle and finally pulled their perspective boss's off and took them home. The wildest part was both bg's lost their gigs but neither were sued or charged.

Check 6
    fed_wif_a_sig,
    Thugs do what they want, but I still think that someone out there could ruin someone else's day pretty quick. Never underestimate your opponent, even if it is thugs or professional security.

Didn't Biggie Smalls, or whatever the hell his name was, die from someone's "security detail"? Also didn't Tupac die this way? IIRC wasn't Snoop Dog related to something where his BG or driver and him were connected to a shooting? These incidents were all illustrations of thugs with guns and not real professional security.

Where I live, travel and frequent, I don't have to worry about rappers', so called, security detail ruining my day.
    -------------
    Walther1

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    Where I live, travel and frequent, I don't have to worry about rappers', so called, security detail ruining my day.
    That is a pretty poor assumption.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/8891

Don't live near Cinci. Don't travel late at night. I should have said, I still don't worry about security details ruining my day, and I don't. :)
    -------------
    Walther1

Administrator
    I don't eithier, maybe if I live near Hollywierd I would.

Who's to know if the "inbound" folks are bodyguards or mere thugs-in-suits? The only legitimate authority is law enforcement or the owner/representative, not someone (or multiple large someones) coming up to me ad hoc. I'm all for leaving, if addressed and treated professionally and respectfully. It shows deference to the realities of the situation; it's courteous; it avoids physical confrontation; and, at least at the beginning, my life is hardly being threatened.

However, hands on my person is a whole different ball game. That is verboten and opens up a host of alternatives for defending against assault/battery. If assaulted, I'll defend. If attacked violently, I'll stop it accordingly ... using the means necessary to end the attack.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; December 1st, 2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: little spelling bug on my shoulder
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    I would extend arm, make fist, extend middle finger and politely remind everyone around me what country I live in. I would then stand up take a bow to the crowd's standing ovation.

Seriously, bodyguards are quite nice and won't interfere with people on an offensive basis, as far as I know. They are guards not soldiers for hire.
    I like the single finger salute idea.

Bodyguards' demeanor depends on who they are and who they are protecting. First to mind are the "Nation of Islam" bodyguards protecting the likes of Michael Jackson, the late POS Johnny Cochran, and O.J. Simpson... They are nothing more than highly paid, ex-con thugs, who should be arrested for even being in the same room as a firearm, but due to (I'm assuming here) political pressure and maintaining the required level of PC'ness, they are given a pass.
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

What kind of place are you in that someone with status would just walk up to you and say anything at all??? Don't you think you'd have atleast a few witnesses to back you up?

You should be avoiding the verbal side all together.
    1. Holler for the manager
    2. Get your meal for FREE!
    3. Call the news
    4. Collect your money from the business AND the idiot

If Bodyguard TOUCHES anything he gets shot! Done! I was scared for my life. (I'll take the 1st hit IF a celeb is involved) Story for Law Enforcement..........Someone I did NOT know started yelling at me and this guy laid hands on me. Story over. Call lawyer!
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links