Video of shooting in Costa Rica

This is a discussion on Video of shooting in Costa Rica within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://youtu.be/4ljeYFjmxII http://www.teletica.com/m/noticias/Note.aspx?Note=19861 An off duty policeman responds to an armed robbery. The robber shoots first and the policeman fires back the whole magazine. The newspapers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Video of shooting in Costa Rica

Video of shooting in Costa Rica

http://youtu.be/4ljeYFjmxII

http://www.teletica.com/m/noticias/Note.aspx?Note=19861

An off duty policeman responds to an armed robbery. The robber shoots first and the policeman fires back the whole magazine. The newspapers inform the robber is only hit twice.

To me its amazing to see how far the robber can walk before collapsing and dying.
    CWOLDOJAX likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm going to Mike-Can't-Take-A-Gun Costa Rica next winter. No matter where you go, there you are.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

The LEO has turned to run and is spraying and praying behind him,he's lucky he didn't hit anybody in the store
    Secret Spuk and Tzadik like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My wife is from Costa Rica. When she saw my AR15 she said that I'm more likely to need it in Costa Rica than here. Not sure from reading their gun laws if I can import it to CR. I think there's a mag size limitation.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I counted 7 shot by the off-duty officer. In the video there was a kid with a bike behind the cop that was in the line of fire
    by the perp and the store was full of customers behind the perp. The only one that got shot was the bad guy. Luck and
    God played a part in this shoot-out.
    CWOLDOJAX, Tzadik and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    To me its amazing to see how far the robber can walk before collapsing and dying.
    Me too. Drugged? Crazy? I had a paradigm that the huge BGs would take several hits before stopping and dropping. The perp in the video does not seem like a big muscle-bound wrestler type.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." -- Paul

Anyone know what caliber the Officer had?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It takes a while to die.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    It takes a while to die.
    Yup. Anybody been deer hunting?
    Aceoky and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Anyone know what caliber the Officer had?
    On the Youtube comments (in spanish) one person stated that Costa Rican Cops use 9mm FMJs.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member
    Who was the cop?

The guy who ran from the doorway in the opposite direction?
    If so, it looks like the BG got shots off first, and being so close, how in Gods name did he not hit the officer?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm going to Mike-Can't-Take-A-Gun Costa Rica next winter. No matter where you go, there you are.
    From my understanding of Costa Rica gun laws, you should be able to take a handgun to CR but you have to fill out some paperwork and be interviewed by a psychologist before customs will release the gun to you. If you Google Costa Rica gun laws you should get some english language links.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Who was the cop?

The guy who ran from the doorway in the opposite direction?
    If so, it looks like the BG got shots off first, and being so close, how in Gods name did he not hit the officer?
    I wondered the same thing. The cop was one lucky dude. Also, I wondered why the cop didn't fire first.
    Tzadik likes this.

The police officer was very lucky just as many are here in the U.S. when gun battles occur.

From experience, most police officers aren't prepared mentally for a shooting. Let me explain. Most police officers aren't really ready to understand the one or two bullets, which hit the BG, didn't kill the BG. This is proof no bullet will drop anyone on a dime unless placed in specific places on the body I don't care if it was FMJ or HP ammunition...such as the brain stem.

Take from this video, your shots may not stop the aggression. Be prepared to continue to fight until one of you stops moving.
    oneshot and Tzadik like this.

Amazing. As others have said, it proves the handgun "stopping power" myth. Though I would like to think my G23 with Gold Dots would do better, I doubt it. The fact that the cop missed from that distance as many times as he did, makes me want to train that much harder.
    USM1976 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links