Scenario: You just shot a home invader

This is a discussion on Scenario: You just shot a home invader within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SSKC I wonder what the record is for lowest number of posts before being banned. :hah: Actually, he just set it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scenario: You just shot a home invader

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SSKC
    I wonder what the record is for lowest number of posts before being banned.
    :hah: Actually, he just set it
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    :hah: Actually, he just set it

You're killing me here.

Oh my.

-Scott-
    Last edited by Scott; January 24th, 2005 at 04:23 PM.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    I would set the gun down where I stood
    What if he has a partner? Criminals seldom work alone.

Assess the target, scan for further threats and perform a tactical reload. Call the police, call a lawyer while waiting for the police. Do not disarm until the police arrive. When the cops show up, follow all of their instructions and tell them "He was going to shoot me, i had to defend myself. I want to talk to a lawyer before answering any more questions." STFU.

1. Call police

Cover him while police come, when they get there let it go. When asked questions my response is "I am a little shook up, I dont want to talk right now".

When I get to the station I talk, I tell them he was an intruder and raised his gun, I told him to stop and didnt want to do anything.

I call my lawyer who will come down to clear up anything else.

This is what the instructor of my carry class said do, he is a 30+ year police veteran and is a leutinant on the PD.

I would NOT move anything, after a shooting safety of people in the vicinity is number 1, preservation of the scene is 2.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldo0506
    1. Call police

Cover him while police come, when they get there let it go. When asked questions my response is "I am a little shook up, I dont want to talk right now".

When I get to the station I talk, I tell them he was an intruder and raised his gun, I told him to stop and didnt want to do anything.

I call my lawyer who will come down to clear up anything else.

This is what the instructor of my carry class said do, he is a 30+ year police veteran and is a leutinant on the PD.

I would NOT move anything, after a shooting safety of people in the vicinity is number 1, preservation of the scene is 2.
    Instead of telling them you're "shook up", When you call 911 request an ambulance and the police. Once the EMT's have determined they cannot help the injured, they will turn their attention to you. Tell them you are experiencing chest pain and having trouble breathing. When offered a trip to the hospital, take it and don't discuss what happened. Ask a doctor/nurse to call your family. Your family should know who your lawyer is and contact them. Don't make any statements until you talk to your lawyer or until someone has administered you a medication. Police will normally not question you once you are under medication and a doctor's care. Stalling them gives them time to complete their investigation at the crime scene and pretty much figure out what happened before they have the opportunity to question you.

An exception to this would be if there was an accomplice that got away. Give them any description or other information that would help them find the other guy. You have a responsibility to give them that information.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Instead of telling them you're "shook up", When you call 911 request an ambulance and the police. Once the EMT's have determined they cannot help the injured, they will turn their attention to you. Tell them you are experiencing chest pain and having trouble breathing. When offered a trip to the hospital, take it and don't discuss what happened. Ask a doctor/nurse to call your family. Your family should know who your lawyer is and contact them. Don't make any statements until you talk to your lawyer or until someone has administered you a medication. Police will normally not question you once you are under medication and a doctor's care. Stalling them gives them time to complete their investigation at the crime scene and pretty much figure out what happened before they have the opportunity to question you.

An exception to this would be if there was an accomplice that got away. Give them any description or other information that would help them find the other guy. You have a responsibility to give them that information.

I was told by a leutinant of the local department and a veteran of the force for 30+ years to say "Im a little shook up" I dont want to talk about it right now.

When I get to the police station he will be the 3rd one called. He says... "I have responded to many scenes where there were justifyable shootings, and when you say that most times the officer will give you time, until then detectives can look at the scene and talk to witnesses and most times will know what happend before they talk to you".

Im not going to the hospital.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links