The bank hold up!

This is a discussion on The bank hold up! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's 15mins to closing and you just make it in to deposit a check, cash a check or to sign some paperwork what have you. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bank hold up!

The bank hold up!

It's 15mins to closing and you just make it in to deposit a check, cash a check or to sign some paperwork what have you. The reason I gave those reasons is because a lot of us tend to say "I don't go to banks for that reason blah blah, blah blah." You're talking to your loan manager and all of a sudden three armed men burst in and order everyone to the ground. Three people are shot trying to flee the building. You take cover behind the desk with the manger. Robber #1 is clearing out the cash drawers and the other two are keeping the occupants in line. So here's the kicker... All of a sudden, Robber #2 demands that you and the others to gather in the middle of the bank and strip. (Que the suspense filled music here)

What would you handle the situation?
    Last edited by Al.40cal; November 29th, 2006 at 10:12 PM. Reason: re-wording
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

2. Remove Ads

things are gonna get really ugly...

no, I mean it, you have never seen ME naked....

I don't go to banks any more.

smo
    With three armed robbers watching me, I certainly wouldn't have the time to shoot them all without getting shot myself.

I would have to hope that the sight of me stripping would scare 'em dead!

Three People Are Already Shot?

I'll let my Kimber do the talking at that point...things don't sound too good already.
    You said we all had to strip? (How many ladies in the bank?) I might hold off on the shooting for a few minutes...Just kidding...bullets WILL be flying.

If I'm behind a desk, I'm going to get one or two right away, and at such a close distance...the first quick one, might just be a head shot...

No sense in holding back at that point...I would never walk to the center if I were armed...

Stay safe...enjoy direct deposit!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    The first one is the expensive one all the others are free. If they have shot people already and you are armed, you should have been shooting when they were shooting. If they know anything they will kill eveyone in the bank period.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Pull gun out and start firing. I figure once they see it, they are going to single me out and things would get bad quickly.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    Start shooting ASAP.

With any hope if I can drop one or two and the remaining BGs will turn tail and run. If not I hope they are less proficient with their firearms and not very lucky. Odds are against me and I may lose, but if I go out and strip I WILL LOSE so the choice is clear.

I would use cover and TRY to take well aimed shots as quickly as I can without any advanced warning. My goal is to take advantage of the few moments of confusion after I open fire. In an ideal situation I would start with the BG farthest from the exit and closest to me then progressively target to the one closest to an exit and farthest from me. During the moments of confusion I will try to take out all three or at least throw a few .357sig wrenches into their plan.

BUT since we can’t carry in a bank here in NC, I guess I would have to join the SHEEP in a naked pile, or take my chances rushing one of the BG’s with my knife.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I'm with everyone else on this one: it's go-time.

Bad results, maybe. But you don't always get choices between two good things in life. Sometimes, like this one, you can choose probable death without resisting or even more probable death with resisting.

Make your choice and live (or die) with it. Take at least one of'em with you.....well, not WITH you: he's going someplace other than where you're going.

OK.... here's something unorthodox:
    Since it looks like a loose loose situation, what about falling on the floor and faking some sort of a shaking seizure? Maybe even add drooling to it or something along those lines.

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    OK.... here's something unorthodox:
    Since it looks like a loose loose situation, what about falling on the floor and faking some sort of a shaking seizure? Maybe even add drooling to it or something along those lines.
    Then they put a bullet in your brain to "end your suffering", after all they just shot 3 people while committing another felony what’s stopping them from making it 4. They may even get some kind of kick out of shooting you.

If they lose control and are faced with someone who fights back they may just get scared and run. They may feel that they are in control over "unarmed victims", but quickly change their mind when they are the ones being shot at. Most bullies are really cowards at hart.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    Start shooting ASAP.

With any hope if I can drop one or two and the remaining BGs will turn tail and run. If not I hope they are less proficient with their firearms and not very lucky. Odds are against me and I may lose, but if I go out and strip I WILL LOSE so the choice is clear.

Echoed.
    And bank carry is not prohibited in Florida, so I'll be armed.

Administrator
    I'd press pause, refill on popcorn and soda, cause we're about to get to the good part.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Yeah, really. It does sound a bit "Hollywood," particularly with the idea that before anything really happens, they shoot three people who attempt to leave? I just don't think that bank robbers (at this point) go in thinking of slaughter. I think most of the bank robberies I read about here (plenty of them go on, actually) are done without a gun being shown at all. We talk about the "give them what they want" appeasement strategy; nowhere is it epitomized more than in banks. Imagine it -- you can walk into a bank and just hand a scrap of sticky-note that says, "Give me the money or I'll hurt people" and they will do exactly that!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd press pause, refill on popcorn and soda, cause we're about to get to the good part.
    Beretta 92FS

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Tell them they better give me some hundreds because I may be easy but I'm not cheap.

After the first shot is fired I would hope I'm diving from cover long enough to draw then take be able to take the closest robber first, move, and keep going until either I'm dead or the last BG is assuming room temp.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links