Rolling hit?

Rolling hit?

This is a discussion on Rolling hit? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Take yourself out of your comfort zone of the relatively safe United States. Put yourself in a hot zone of Latin America. The most common ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Rolling hit?

Rolling hit?

Take yourself out of your comfort zone of the relatively safe United States. Put yourself in a hot zone of Latin America.

The most common form of assassination attempt throughout Latin America is 2 guys on a motorcycle, with the passenger as the gun man.

In fact it is so common that places like Colombia prohibit 2 males from riding a motorcycle period, and they must wear their plate number prominently on their back.

So here you are on assignment for whatever, driving along in whatever Latin American country you choose, out of your element, trying to very alert of your surroundings.

You notice in your mirror a motorcycle approaching on the drivers side. This may or may not make you suspicious as motorcycles pass on the left and split the lane and come within inches of your mirror as a regular event, that is just how they drive throughout the region. Zipping in and out of traffic however they can.

Anyhow, your sixth sense kicks in and something may not be right about this motorcycle creeping up on you. You notice 2 guys on it (lets say for argument's sake you are not in a country where it is illegal for 2 guys to ride). They have had the opportunity to pass you and have not for whatever reason, despite it being all clear ahead.

I'll end the scenario here. You are armed. Lets assume a handgun and it is under your leg or on your side IWB.

Potential rolling hit (you are on assignment, maybe somebody wants you dead). Potential abduction or robbery (where if that is the case its probably best to pull over as you will have a better opportunity to engage from a stationary position, using the door as cover etc...). Potentially just another one of many motorcycles passing you close on the left and you got all worked up over nothing.

What do you do?

I'd gun it to 88 mph and go back to 1985. Then I'd buy stock in Apple.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I'd gun it to 88 mph and go back to 1985. Then I'd buy stock in Apple.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Just smile and wave. Then ask them if they want to go get coffee.

As jason bourne, I would run over and kill everyone on a motorcycle. End of scenario......
    CIBMike, OD* and MasterGadgets like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I'm done playing stupid scenarios!!

Senior Moderator
    Since this is my ride in Latin America countries

m4 sherman.jpg

I don't worry
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Since this is my ride in Latin America countries

m4 sherman.jpg

I don't worry
    A Sherman tank? How quaint.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Another mall ninja

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    A Sherman tank? How quaint.

That's just how I roll
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Serious responses only, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Most of the folks that participate in this forum are from the U.S. what you have posted is so far out of the realm of reality, it doesn't warrant a serious response. Sorry bout that...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

TVJ
    OK Ill bite.

Get bulletproof glass and door armor to withstand 7.62 level rounds. This is a no brainer if you somehow have to live there.

Smash them to the ground with your vehicle. If they are behind you and not getting up, backup and run them over to end their future second attempt on your life. If they have control of their weapon, drive away. If they are in front, run them over. Aim for the head. Pop their skull.

Lastly, stop selling drugs, infringing on some thugs territory, and leave the country.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    not till you get a serious avatar.
    Brad426 and OD* like this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    I'm done playing stupid scenarios!!
    Yeah I doubt I will be in that situation ummm nevermind I WILL NEVER BE IN THAT SITUATION

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links