Why does this kid keep walking around my place? Is he casing?

This is a discussion on Why does this kid keep walking around my place? Is he casing? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in a home with my parents on a cul de sac in a suburban neighborhood. I’ve been having a problem with this kid ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Why does this kid keep walking around my place? Is he casing?

Why does this kid keep walking around my place? Is he casing?

I live in a home with my parents on a cul de sac in a suburban neighborhood. I’ve been having a problem with this kid who keep walking by my place. First time I saw him I was chilling with my girlfriend on the driveway talking about our future together. All of a sudden some kid (maybe 15-16 yrs old) walks over to the cul de sac, circles around, and then walks away to another direction. We had to stop our conversation because of him, didn’t want him to listen in on it. We have no sidewalks in my neighborhood but there is black pavement.

Second time my friend was dirving me home. As we drove up to my place I see the same kid with red shorts walking on the damn road pavement, he turned his head and saw us coming. He started walking a little faster and then scoot himself further on the far side of the road pavement to avoid us. The idiot was still in our damn way, we had to drive the car a little closer to the center because of him.So I got my friend to slow down his car, I rolled down my window, and gave this kid a good cold hard stare to let him know if he’s trying to case homes he should piss off, the kid saw me staring at him and just stood there looking back at me. Drove past the idiot hogging the road and headed home. My friend headed inside first, I had to get something from the carport. When I found what I needed I noticed that the kid had walked over to the cul de sac and is now on the black pavement looking at me like he’s going to say something or do something. I got out my laser pointer and shined it up to his face. “Hi I see you.” The kid then walked away.

Third time it was like a month later I was riding my bike on the other side of my neighborhood on my way home. I was going to make a turn. Coincidentally the same kid with red shorts a few feet away from me was walking. I decided to follow him to see what he’s up to and maybe where he lives so it can be even, since he knows where I live now. The little squirt starts jogging and I follow him. I eventually follow him to an elementary school, lost sight of him for a while, but then I found him walking over to the playground. I rode my bike over to the other side of the school so I can get to the other side of the playground and see what he’s up to. When I got there I lost sight of him again, I rode up to a hill, and spotted him behind some bushes. I immediately rode by bike to the bushes. He saw me and moved to the right and left behind the bushes, I trapped him my mimicking his movements. The kid then jumped over the fence behind him and ran like a chicken. I got off my bike and jumped over the fence. I chased after him. He ran through a dry creek bed and then stopped running. As I was about to cross over the creek bed, he started yelling at me “What do you want from me” I told him to “Come here” (So I can ask him why he keeps walking around my place). He yells at me “No.” All his yelling was getting the dogs in the neighborhood barking. I wanted this kid to stop walking by my place, he was clearly afraid of me, so I decided to put the icing on the cake. I told him “I know where you live little boy, Ahahaha.” and then I walked away and left the little squirt.

Fourth time I was eating dinner around 8:30 p.m. and I noticed the same kid circle around the cul de sac. While circling he would glance at homes including mine, then walk back away to another direction. I got into my car and followed him. He was about to cross a street and I cut him off. I rolled down my window and said "Why did you park on my street in your car?" (In the second encounter there was a car parked on my street, I'm guessing its his). "He said to me I don't have a car, who are you?" I guess he couldn't see my face since it was getting dark so I made a sharp u-turn so I can get closer to him. He fast walked to a sidewalk and I lost him.

Fourth and final time it happened was like three weeks later. My parents were selling the house. I was placed in charge of the yardsale whole my parent go house hutning. My girlfriend came over to help. Everything was running smoothly. Then around 3 p.m. I noticed the same kid again was walking on my street. I ran over and yelled out “Hey”. He turned around and stood there. I walked over, crossed my arms and said to him “Why are you always walking around my place?” He said to “I like taking walks.” I said to him “I don’t know I don’t believe you, you’re always walking by my place and looking around, it seems peculiar.”
    (His explanation does to explain his weird behavior in the second encounter and why he keeps walking past my house when I know for sure he does not live in my cul de sac) Anyways so he then said to me “You’re the one that followed me, I don’t know what you want, I’m just walking I swear.” My girlfriend was walking over to see what’s going on, I didn’t want her to get involved in this mess so I told the kid “Alright WALK.”

Why is this kid always walking around my place and what is he up to?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sounds like he just enjoys a stroll and you're begging for trouble.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    Have you asked him? I'm pretty sure none of us know.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Have you asked him? I'm pretty sure none of us know.
    He did ask him... it was in Chapter 4.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Thanks Brad. I didn't get that far. I'm waiting for the movie to come out.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

MJK
    Walking on the street is not a crime...lots of folks walk just to chill. Perhaps you and your GF should give it a try!
    Hopyard and tcox4freedom like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post

Aceoky likes this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

I've got places to be and the kid was walking in the middle of the damn road and wouldn't get out of the way. Then the kid decides to walk over and look at me like a smug.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Sounds like he just enjoys a stroll and you're begging for trouble.
    I'm not a criminal, but I'd think that casing a house would be done more efficiently and stealthily. The kid's behavior doesn't suggest criminality. It actually sounds like you're harassing him.
    ccw9mm, Hopyard, mkh and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 933127 View Post
    I've got places to be and the kid was walking in the middle of the damn road and wouldn't get out of the way. Then the kid decides to walk over and look at me like a smug.
    OK, I've got it. This is just an ego contest between you and the kid.
    ccw9mm, Aceoky and tundra like this.

VIP Member
    The way I read this, if anything happens, YOU will most likely be view as the aggressor. He is free to walk where ever he want. Until he does something illegal, let him be.

PS- You didn't give your age, but my guess is your a kid yourself.
    ccw9mm, Hopyard, Aceoky and 2 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The kid does not live in my cul de sac. There was no reason for him to be constantly walking past my place and getting in the way on the road. He even decides to walk over, stand there like a retard and stare right at me when I was at my car port.

If you think he's a "suspicious" character, then STOP chasing him down on your bicycle and just call your local cops on their non-emergency line.

But let's slow down a bit: this kid is in your neighborhood walking on a street which you say has no sidewalks. Where is he supposed to walk?

Is there a law against him walking past your place? Sounds like this behavior has been going on for a while, so if he had malicious or nefarious intent he would have acted by now, before the people in the neighborhood (like you) had a chance to ID him.

Of course there's a chance he's a sandwich short of a full picnic, maybe he's a voyeur, but in any case you're not the appointed neighborhood guardian, so keep your hands in your pockets and your eyes and ears open, and most of all, don't initiate a confrontation. Go back to my first suggestion: let the cops check him out.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I'd REALLY like to hear the other kid's side of the story. That would probably make a much better read!!
    Jaggyd33 likes this.

You sound like your stalking him and harassing him. In a court setting you would be the one to answer the questions of WHY.

I understand suspiciously watching someone who is acting strange, but that is your opinion. Sounds like he is just walking around. Until you ask and get a direct answer, I guess noone will know. Damn I actually read that whole thing. Whatever you do, do not flash a gun at the kid. lol strange story here. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links