Son was theatened at work

This is a discussion on Son was theatened at work within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all , this is my first thread so please bare with me . My son has a tire business here in town . Today ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Son was theatened at work

Hi all , this is my first thread so please bare with me . My son has a tire business here in town . Today he had a customer come in with a low tire . While one of his employees was airing up his tire , he noticed there was a bulge in the sidewall .

He pointed it out to the guy , who said dont worry about it , then he left . He returns three hours later yelling how that guy put a hole in his tire . Said he was going to shoot him . Kept yelling how he was set up to buy a tire , he was going to shoot him and all the employees . ( There all three guys working there .) he was insisting that there was a hole intentionally put there by him .

Keep yelling how he was going to shoot up the place . Soon my son comes from the office , explains to the guy that the bulge was from a pot hole or curb . The guys says he's a gangster and he will shoot everyone there . After being told to leave repeating by my son , he says no and runs toward the front office . Being blocked from entry by my son , and told to just leave . The guy runs to the garage area grabs a two foot breaker bar from a tire machine and charges towards my son . Being told to stop now or else , he keeps coming . My son pulls his revolver and says halt now . The guy laughs and kept coming . After hearing him cock the hammer , he drops the bar and flees in his car .

My son calls the cops , they said he did the right thing he would've shot the guy . My son was nervous as heck . Cop checks his permit , was super nice and got a description of the car and left .

Sorry so long , any thoughts !
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

VIP Member
    That gangsta was flat out loco sounds like he was close to having a hole in his spare tire .

If i was your son i would pack a larger lunch with an extra sandwich . Good Luck with this problem . And thinking of your son
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Talk about a maniac. Laughs about a gun pointed at him? He either has a death wish or was high out of his mind.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Everyone in the shop needs to watch his/her 'six'...

Wacko's have a way of popping back up at the least expected time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I agree he come close to having a hole in him and not just his tire. Most recommendations on these forums say don't pull your gun unless you are going to shoot but I agree sometimes the sound scares them enough for them to stop. Until the criminal gets smart and calls the cops first and says you are brandishing a weapon and then you get in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    That's a son to be proud of. He kept his cool and defused the situation without bloodshed.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Glad no one got hurt but it's time to take the 12 gauge and keep it at the shop for a few weeks.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by brandont View Post
    I agree he come close to having a whole in him and not just his tire. Most recommendations on these forums say don't pull your gone unless you are going to shoot but I agree sometimes the sound scare then enough for them to stop. Until the criminal get smart and calls the cop first and says you are brandishing a weapon and then you get in trouble.
    I thought so too , never draw if you aren't going to shoot .
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; October 2nd, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA member. ..

When he first called me , first off I was glad he was ok . Then I thought what if he shot someone , the cost of it all and all it brings with it . To bad we have to be almost afraid to defend yourself .
    gatorbait51 and mook012 like this.
    NRA member. ..

VIP Member
    Not how I would have handled it, but I wasn't there.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

In the abstract I'd say better to have shot him and not bother cocking the hammer; sounds like the LEO thought the same way. But considering the stress of the situation, he did well.

He should certainly keep his guard up, because you never know, but if I had to guess I'd say this customer was probably high or drunk. Most likely he'll realize how close he came to getting shot and stay far away, assuming the police don't scoop him up.
    NONAME762 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Not how I would have handled it, but I wasn't there.
    Care to elaborate .
    gatorbait51 and Mr B like this.
    NRA member. ..

VIP Member
    Wow, just wow!

Hope your son has some video that will help the police ID the guy. They probably would recognize him.

My fears would be two fold now. 1) That he will come back when the shop is closed and attempt to do some serious
    damage-- at least no one will be there; 2) He'll come back to make good on his promise.

If your son's workers are good men, let them have access to handguns and shotties, hidden where only your son
    and employees know about them. Maybe have your son stash a vest in his office.

Everyone stay sharp.

I think the situation might have been defused though. Could he have tried to calm him with an offer of a deep discount
    on a new tire without admitting that the shop did anything. The cost of one tire, even if your son had to eat it entirely, is way lower than the cost he'd actually have if he had pulled that trigger.

As I'm sure your son already knows, when you run a business open to the public, some of the customers will be
    unreasonable if not bat-crazy, and sometimes it is good business practice to let the customer be right even when they are not.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Everyone in the shop needs to be on guard for the ghetto thug, his car and gutter friends when/if they do a drive by.

I would fortify the area around the waiting area, maybe put up some mirror reflective tint and try to look for ways to decrease the likelihood of some form of retaliation.
    I would also drive different routes home for the next month or three to make sure thug is not tailing me to find out where I live.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links