Coming soon to a Mall near you....

This is a discussion on Coming soon to a Mall near you.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know we have talked about this before, but.......... Official: UK police thwart Kenya-style terror plot...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Coming soon to a Mall near you....

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Coming soon to a Mall near you....

I know we have talked about this before, but..........

Official: UK police thwart Kenya-style terror plot
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

If they hit a mall in The US with a Bass Pro Shops in it, they are apt to be in for a lil surprise, lol.

VIP Member
    Malls are just one of a multitude of available soft targets here in the USA.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    If they hit a mall in The US with a Bass Pro Shops in it, they are apt to be in for a lil surprise, lol.
    No, they will be sticking to the CPZs when they bring their next act to the US.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quick! Let's ban guns so it won't happen here!

Oh, wait... this is the UK they're talking about. Oops.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Malls aren't gun free zones here though...they will most likely pick easier targets

When I go to a mall, I usually go to Clackamas Town Center. There are a LOT of people carrying at the malls here, now.
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gator15 View Post
    Malls aren't gun free zones here though...they will most likely pick easier targets
    Not all malls are gun friendly, and many malls are in non-gun friendly states. An attack would most likely occur where it is least likely for citizens to be able to defend themselves.
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and ANGLICO like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    With my luck they'll find me tactically covering in the darkness - or cowering, which ever you prefer - in the young skinny boy section over at the Abercrombie and Fitch listening to a guy named Wendell tell me how he was voted homecoming queen at his high school and how he wants to make the world free for free people.

Wendell's a lucky dude to have a guy like me around.

Jeeze, could the good guys hurry up already...
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    If they do decide on the mall route, they'll likely pick one in New York where any CCer's would only have 7 rounds and cops would have to empty an entire mag to hit the wall behind them, essentially doing their job for them. But on a serious note, in this kind of scenario, any CCer would be seriously outgunned and would serve a better purpose of facilitating evacuation, unless they start making burst fire MP7's available to the general public. (Just got through Brad Thor's "Foreign Influence". Awesome book.) IMO.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

VIP Member
    Guess I'll be safe. I don't do malls!
    msgt/ret and darbo like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    If they do decide on the mall route, they'll likely pick one in New York where any CCer's would only have 7 rounds and cops would have to empty an entire mag to hit the wall behind them, essentially doing their job for them. But on a serious note, in this kind of scenario, any CCer would be seriously outgunned and would serve a better purpose of facilitating evacuation, unless they start making burst fire MP7's available to the general public. (Just got through Brad Thor's "Foreign Influence". Awesome book.) IMO.
    When they do attack, it will just a likely be schools or school buses as shopping malls, and it will be equally likely that they will be using five-gallon cans of gasoline and Rugers as RPGs and semtex. Look at Beslan and Mumbai to get a preview of their game plan for us.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by gator15 View Post
    Katy Mills Mall in Katy, Texas (just outside of Houston) has the 30.06 signs up in the mall entrances. But there is a Bass Pro Shops in the mall as well; which does not have the sign.

Anyone want to guess what is the busiest entrance :)
    84160, BenGoodLuck and rcsoftexas like this.

Haven't been to a mall in over 20 years. Whew.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Quick! Let's ban guns so it won't happen here!

Oh, wait... this is the UK they're talking about. Oops.

OH the Irony !!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links