Video - CCW in Action - Page 2

Video - CCW in Action

This is a discussion on Video - CCW in Action within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hmmm, I watched this video a few times now, I think I'll take back most of what I said in my first post. The camera ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video - CCW in Action

Administrator
    Hmmm, I watched this video a few times now, I think I'll take back most of what I said in my first post. The camera angle is whats making it seem so close to that baby, he's still close but not that close.

I do stick to the cover/concealment thing. Why did he leave and go to the door?

Not that it matters any, but the guy states its a G27 on the other forum.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 7th, 2006 at 10:37 PM.

Well he had to pose for the glory shot at the end, I think if you shot a guy and he lived I wouldnt want a nice pic of myself posted on the internet for all his gangsta buddies to see braggin that it was a bad day for the guy who got shot. The concussion of the gun that close and in an enclosed space couldnt have been good for the little kids hearing either.

I'm not so sure he posed for the shot afterward, Netmechanic - as he mentioned, his roommate made the video, and the picture could very well have been taken beforehand. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless of whether the pic was taken before or after it's a shout out for revenge by the guy who got shot and his homies, not that I'm siding with him by any stretch and if it's his buddy then thats even dumber. It implies that the guy in the pic is the shooter and is done in a somewhat braggin manner. Whether justified or not your still shooting someone and possibly killing them, there's more repercussions than just having your gun taken away for a few months for the trial.

P.S. Terms Like "Getting Owned" and "Crank it Up" dont sound to good to me JMO

Quote Originally Posted by netmechanic View Post

P.S. Terms Like "Getting Owned" and "Crank it Up" dont sound to good to me JMO
    That's a good point, and you do touch on an underlying issue. After reading a few replies from the gunsnet.com website, I was able to confirm a majority of the posters had the attitudes of 12 year old children. While that may be the norm on a few "other" sites, it isn't so here. My guess is that this site is a CCW themed site. It's geared towards people who carry a concealed firearm. People who often carry concealed have much more maturity, due to the very nature of what is required to possess a CCW. Of course this isn't all CCW'ers, a few loose cannons do slip through the cracks, but a majority of them are all responsible, mature, and realistic adults.

Oh, and this isn't meant to bash any other site, or our friends at gunsnet.com. Just addressing the attitudes of it's members.

this is the unedited version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk&NR

I know this is abit off topic, but I am curious; was his shirt untucked and using a IWB holster? I would assume so, but I cannot really tell.
    Beretta 92FS

I've never seen this video and didn't know what to expect so I was squeamishly looking just in case the baby got shot. Really couldn't see what happened it happened so fast, but if I was the mom holding the baby, I think I would have moved faster to take cover. It's sad, that girl doesn't even look 4yrso and she had to witness that. Just sad!

Not to pick this thing apart but...

The first pick is of the"GG", #2 is GG with his shot from his "Music Video" (Looks like the same guy 2 me) Pic #3 is where he has drawn his weapon and is aiming over his co worker at the BG with everyone bunced up around him, hope BG is a good shot so he doesnt hit anyone else... Pic #4 is one frame before he fires his first shot, notice where the kids head is, and for perspective you can see everyones reflections in the window and see where they are in relation to the printer on the counter, and pick #5 is of him ducking down while still flailing the gun around after he has lost his cover aka his co worker. As i said before I'm not for the BG since he started the situation but I get the feeling GG upon seeing the guy with a gun "Finally gets to shoot at someone" I wonder if we would have gotten a music video if he had shot the BG and also popped on in the little kid or in mom?, or if when he drew it had been a really bad BG and he had opened fire on the cluster of people trying to hit the guy that was pulling a gun outta his pants? I know these are all what if's but they are things to consider before drawing on someone and elevating the situation.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by netmechanic; December 8th, 2006 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    I know this is abit off topic, but I am curious; was his shirt untucked and using a IWB holster? I would assume so, but I cannot really tell.
    In one of the posts on GunsNet, he mentioned using a cheap nylon IWB, because that's what he likes best. From what I could tell, he was wearing an untucked shirt overtop, yes.

NetMechanic: It's definitely the same guy - he confirmed this (and the fact that his roommate made the edited video) over on GunsNet.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    That's a good point, and you do touch on an underlying issue. After reading a few replies from the gunsnet.com website, I was able to confirm a majority of the posters had the attitudes of 12 year old children. While that may be the norm on a few "other" sites, it isn't so here. My guess is that this site is a CCW themed site. It's geared towards people who carry a concealed firearm. People who often carry concealed have much more maturity, due to the very nature of what is required to possess a CCW. Of course this isn't all CCW'ers, a few loose cannons do slip through the cracks, but a majority of them are all responsible, mature, and realistic adults.

Oh, and this isn't meant to bash any other site, or our friends at gunsnet.com. Just addressing the attitudes of it's members.
    Good point razorblade, the sense of responsiblity that most users of this site have is the main attraction of the site. I think the members as a whole do realize that we cannot be irresponsible in our actions and we train to use force as only the last resort. I think that Bumper and the Mods do a good job of both promoting this and reminding us of it. I can not discuss what happened off screen or his dicesion to shot or not. I do know that I would not like a vid of a shot I was involved in floating around the Net no matter how justified the Shooting was.
    Last edited by pgrass101; December 8th, 2006 at 10:36 AM.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Hmmm, I watched this video a few times now, I think I'll take back most of what I said in my first post. The camera angle is whats making it seem so close to that baby, he's still close but not that close.

I do stick to the cover/concealment thing. Why did he leave and go to the door?

Not that it matters any, but the guy states its a G27 on the other forum.

from what i can tell, he went to the door to "disarm" the guy..

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post

Amen Brother! Razorblade is right. When you shoot someone it is not a good thing. They may have deserved it, but you should not make music videos and brag about it.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Administrator
    This guys "after the fact" actions are horrible. I hope he matures a bit before the next time around. I sure as heck wouldn't be bragging or even talking about any shootings I was involved with on the internet. Talk about leaving yourself wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This guys "after the fact" actions are horrible. I hope he matures a bit before the next time around. I sure as heck wouldn't be bragging or even talking about any shootings I was involved with on the internet. Talk about leaving yourself wide open.
    Agreed. Having to defend yourself for real is one thing. Having it done into a music video is something else entirely. That would be a prosecuting attorney's wet dream. If it were me, I wouldnt have let the video out. If it did leak out to the public, I would distance myself as far away from it as possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links