Video - CCW in Action - Page 3

Video - CCW in Action

This is a discussion on Video - CCW in Action within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Nate In one of the posts on GunsNet, he mentioned using a cheap nylon IWB, because that's what he likes best. From ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video - CCW in Action

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    In one of the posts on GunsNet, he mentioned using a cheap nylon IWB, because that's what he likes best. From what I could tell, he was wearing an untucked shirt overtop, yes.
    Thanks, Nate.
    Beretta 92FS

This guy was reckless for promoting himself after this incident. After spending some time on that other forum reading comments, I am once again glad I reside here on CC. Once again, thank you for running a clean and respectable forum.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    Anything you learned from this situation?
    Another example of how quickly things can blow up in front of us, and how critical it is to maintain situational preparedness ... always.

As for whether the shots were close to the little girl: sure they were within 2ft or so, but the mother was moving away, he sidestepped to ensure "enough" room for a clear line of fire, and he had obviously trained with that specific gun. I think it was a clean shoot; that the vid shows clearly an attempted robbery thwarted cleanly; and that there was no serious danger to the bystanders (since the mother was aware, tightly in control of the girl, and moving away). Note that had the "bystanders" been a corner of the building or a tree he had to shoot around, neither surface of the corner/tree would have been damaged (stained, heated, sure) ... hence, it's unlikely that those bystanders would be harmed given the same controlled management of the lane of fire.

As for the adrenaline dump: I hope all of us manage it as well, if this ever occurs. I've had a situation once that required drawing (but not firing), and there was this odd mixed sense of elation, anger and fear dramatically flowing back and forth. "Reckless" for promoting himself afterwards? Sure, it's not a situation to bandy about as a "win for the good guys", but it is, indeed a win for the good guys.

A+. Ain't nothin' perfect in this world.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    This guy was reckless for promoting himself after this incident. After spending some time on that other forum reading comments, I am once again glad I reside here on CC. Once again, thank you for running a clean and respectable forum.
    I agree. I read a comment on another forum that actually said something to the affect of " Good job, I hope i get my chance to take out a scumbag" ... A guy that would make a comment like this is as dangerous as any criminal.. Its a mob mentality, especially when the shooter acts the way he did afterwords and being so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    " Good job, I hope i get my chance to take out a scumbag"
    Oh that's mature. if he ever had to defend himself in court, he would have given himself just enough rope to hang himself with. All a prosecutor would need is an Internet connection and several hours to dig up reason and intent.

the music video bugged me when i first saw this a few months ago. but from what i read it was not made by the shooter. one of the gunsnet friends of the shooter took the footage and pics he had and put together that video, and posted it. whether the shooter would have approved or not had he had a chance to see it before it was posted who knows

Ok where do I start? The music added bugs the crap out of me. The fact that the guy risked shooting near the little girl and her mom makes him an idiot and makes those of us with our CPLs look stupid also. I am glad none of the GGs got hurt, but you DO NOT shoot at a fleeing attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by starshooter231 View Post
    ... but you DO NOT shoot at a fleeing attacker.
    If he just previously shot at me, hell yeah I would!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    If he just previously shot at me, hell yeah I would!

The BG was shooting as he ran away. When the BG runs way and shoots at me from around his side then I will keep shooting.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by falkon View Post
    The BG was shooting as he ran away.
    I remember a while back where an armed gang-banger was running from the cops. As he's running, he turns his body to the left and begins shooting his pistol with his right hand. Somewhere after the 3 shot, he winds up capping himself in the back of the head.

I read it somewhere else, but cannot find the link. I did however find it on Darwin Awards (go figure). The facts are slightly different, but the gist is the same.
    http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2002-05.html

Quote Originally Posted by falkon View Post
    The BG was shooting as he ran away. When the BG runs way and shoots at me from around his side then I will keep shooting.
    That too, but even if that weren't the case, who's to say he's not going to find cover, or wait outside?

If he dropped his gun and ran, perhaps things would be different, but as long as he remains armed, he remains a threat.

I agree with Nate. What if he was running outside to find cover, was the first thing that crossed my mind. As long as he remains a threat, he gets shot at.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

I think this guy did the right thing, after reveiwing this clip numerous numerous times if you look the female clerk and the mother both jump and move just instants before the male cleck start shooting watch the clip and pay attenion to the mother and the far left side of the screen it appears the male clerk draws takes a step and then ducks a tad (telling me that a shot was fired at him,who ducks when they draw their gun just before shooting someone without being shot at first?)then returns fire 3 times. Now with all the movement and the music (which is fitting for a scene like this in a movie but not in this excact situation shown)this distracts you from seeing the rest of the action thats barely caught in the left side plus your watching the mother and child expecting the worse to happen. Its clear that the mother child and female clerk were in LOF when he drew but clearly out of the way once he commenced firing, check the video and compensate for camera angle. If the little girl and mother were that close that lil girl would be screaming her lil lungs out of her chest watch the video again after all is done the mother clearly mouths " OH MY GOD!" and the lil girl is facing the camera looking around like "*** just happened here????" and surprisingly enough not crying at all, I know most kids that hear four shots and just the noise alone hurting their ears is enough to make them cry not to mention the excitement and stress in the air that they figure out there's something wrong. IMHO this was a good clean shoot and he did well defending business, co workers and patrons

Now to be honest, I dont agree with the music and the pic at the end

Quote Originally Posted by customtle View Post
    To be fair, the music and stuff were added to the raw footage by a friend of the shooter.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by customtle View Post
    I think this guy did the right thing, after reveiwing this clip numerous numerous times if you look the female clerk and the mother both jump and move just instants before the male cleck start shooting watch the clip and pay attenion to the mother and the far left side of the screen it appears the male clerk draws takes a step and then ducks a tad (telling me that a shot was fired at him,who ducks when they draw their gun just before shooting someone without being shot at first?)then returns fire 3 times. Now with all the movement and the music (which is fitting for a scene like this in a movie but not in this excact situation shown)this distracts you from seeing the rest of the action thats barely caught in the left side plus your watching the mother and child expecting the worse to happen. Its clear that the mother child and female clerk were in LOF when he drew but clearly out of the way once he commenced firing, check the video and compensate for camera angle. If the little girl and mother were that close that lil girl would be screaming her lil lungs out of her chest watch the video again after all is done the mother clearly mouths " OH MY GOD!" and the lil girl is facing the camera looking around like "*** just happened here????" and surprisingly enough not crying at all, I know most kids that hear four shots and just the noise alone hurting their ears is enough to make them cry not to mention the excitement and stress in the air that they figure out there's something wrong. IMHO this was a good clean shoot and he did well defending business, co workers and patrons

I read the forum where the shooter posted, and he said he ducked because he thought the BG was going to shoot. He didnt ever get a shot off....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links