Video - CCW in Action - Page 4

Video - CCW in Action

This is a discussion on Video - CCW in Action within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To those of you critical of this young man's actions: If you've ever been in military or civilian combat, you should know that you have ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Video - CCW in Action

To those of you critical of this young man's actions:
    If you've ever been in military or civilian combat, you should know that you have a split second to assess the situation, make a decision and take action. Watch the video with your pointer on the pause button and stop/start as you watch.

What I see is him become aware of the situation, calmly get up and move behind the other clerk, then you see him begin to draw his weapon. He brings it up in a two handed stance but does not immediately begin to fire. The woman with child begins to move to the side and then he begins to fire. When the young man moves around to the door, he keeps the weapon pointed out the door, I donít see him moving around wildly pointing in all directions. He might have been a little nervous or scared at this point, ya think?

I think this guy ought to get a medal. Was the event by the book? What bookís that? And do the BGís read it anyways? Someone said it might have been hard on the little girls ears (something to that effect).
    Well, if the BG had put the barrel of his weapon in her hear and pulled the trigger, that would have been tough on her ears too.

I donít see John Wayne, Rambo or Dirty Harry or a guy who just couldnít wait to fire his weapon. I see someone who took the action that epitomizes the purpose and intent of CCW.

I would rather see this version of the video than a version where he sh*ts his pants and a GG gets blown away.

Iím not angry at anyone post, but I do hate to see a website/forum like this with fragmented opinions.
    But youíre entitled to it, as am I.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlee1948 View Post
    To those of you critical of this young man's actions:
    If you've ever been in military or civilian combat, you should know that you have a split second to assess the situation, make a decision and take action. Watch the video with your pointer on the pause button and stop/start as you watch.
    Just because he only had a split second to decide and act does not mean he should be immune from criticism. The split second decisions are often the most important ones. Pretty much any story that gets posted either in this forum or the Armed Citizen Success Stories one is going to prompt some criticism. Criticism of the split second personal defense decisions is extremely important because they are so difficult. Reading (and participating in) these criticisms has the potential to help me if I ever end up in a situation where I need to make a decision like that. For me at least, it's not about saying he is a bad person, or should be sued, or go to jail. It's a learning experience.

"A clever man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links