Saturday incident

Saturday incident

This is a discussion on Saturday incident within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Before I post a link, I want to set the stage. I eat at this place 2-3 times each week, either breakfast or lunch. I ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Saturday incident

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Saturday incident

Before I post a link, I want to set the stage. I eat at this place 2-3 times each week, either breakfast or lunch. I did not go there yesterday at all.

Now I find an elderly gentleman went in and ate his meal. After finishing, he pulled a gun and started shooting at other diners. He hit one of the waitresses. Then, when he ran out of ammo, he just walked out and left the nearby area.

What would you have done had you been eating there? From what I learned from an officer that was at the scene, once the shooting began, ALL the customers hit the floor in various places including behind the counter.

Man opens fire inside west Shreveport Waffle House, one injured - KTBS.com - Shreveport, LA News, Weather and Sports
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Waffle House . . . go figure. So much for their "no guns" policy. Runny eggs tend to set me off also.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I think once the person starts shooting people you then have the obligation and responsibility to return fire for your own protection and others. Hopefully you go to the range often, are proficient with your firearm and your training kicks in.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

VIP Member
    Like the rest of the customers, first thing is seek shelter. Then draw and wait to see if I can get a clear shot. If I do take it, if not wait for a clear shot.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Waffle House . . . go figure. So much for their "no guns" policy. Runny eggs tend to set me off also.
    Waffle Houses here in Richmond aren't posted.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Having had the chance......would have dropped him like a Bad Habit.

Put him out of his misery ASAP. I don't believe in waiting for the BG to get tired of shooting others or simply waiting till the law shows up and hope he does himself in. Besides there isn't much to hide behind in an awful waffle house.
    gatorbait51 and Secret Spuk like this.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

This is proof that eating at Waffle House is so bad it makes you homicidal
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    This is the sign at that Waffle House location and one just like all those at the other Waffle Houses across the south that I have visited. That said, I always carry my gun inside and the employees there have said they do not object to my doing so.IMG_0520.JPG
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Distinguished Member
    Since I would not go to a restaurant without my wife, I'd do whatever I had to do to protect her.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    If alone, in order of preference: Skedaddle if I could, hide if I could, or return the favor.

If with someone for whom I am responsible: skedaddle if we could, allow her to skedaddle if she could, hide if we could, or return the favor.

At least that's the plan in my head.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Was just at a Waffle House in Albuquerque, they were not posted as far as I could see. (You never know, maybe they had it on a bulletin board in the bathroom or something.)
    OldVet and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    I think once the person starts shooting people you then have the obligation and responsibility to return fire for your own protection and others. Hopefully you go to the range often, are proficient with your firearm and your training kicks in.
    It sounds like this was over very quickly. An unaimed mag dump, then he left. By the time most people would be able to react, the BG was leaving, and the threat was over. I don't think I would want to be holding a gun when the police arrived.
    gatorbait51 and tcox4freedom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    This is the sign at that Waffle House location and one just like all those at the other Waffle Houses across the south that I have visited. That said, I always carry my gun inside and the employees there have said they do not object to my doing so.IMG_0520.JPG
    If that sign makes it against the law to cqrry inside,it doesn't matter what the employees think if you get caught and charged
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If that sign makes it against the law to cqrry inside,it doesn't matter what the employees think if you get caught and charged
    The law from where he is from; "R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person."

Technically that sign would make him guilty of Criminal Trespass.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links